"prospects" That Never Quite Made It. - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"prospects" That Never Quite Made It.

JagDude

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. He would be our captain by now if he hasn't been injured and continued to progress as he was.

The worst "tackle" i have seen. Horrible stamp in what was meant to be a freindly.

Colin cameron had to apologise for defending his wolves team mate who committed the heneous tackle.

Edited by Robroysboy

The worst "tackle" i have seen. Horrible stamp in what was meant to be a freindly.

Colin cameron had to apologise for defending his wolves team mate who committed the heneous tackle.

I was working in bucharest a few months ago and talking football with one of the guys i was working with from there, even he said that boy was a total animal with a terrible reputation

did kennedy end up suing him? i remember there was talk of legal action at one point. i'm pleased kennedy is still in the game and doing a good job at celtic by all accounts.

Edited by LewisEDI

Agree. He would be our captain by now if he hasn't been injured and continued to progress as he was.

Nope. He was a no bad centre half. That's all.

Used to watch games with my auld man who was brought up a celtic man but seen the light and we both commented frequently how bad he was. Similar to the boy who went to Man Utd who was raved about in the same manner, Liam Miller. Different positions same hype for an average player.

Sure he got a cap or two in our weakest position but by no means would he have been a scotland great. Sad loss for him nonetheless as he would've made a good career for him self.

Used to watch games with my auld man who was brought up a celtic man but seen the light and we both commented frequently how bad he was. Similar to the boy who went to Man Utd who was raved about in the same manner, Liam Miller. Different positions same hype for an average player.

Sure he got a cap or two in our weakest position but by no means would he have been a scotland great. Sad loss for him nonetheless as he would've made a good career for him self.

Cant agree with you at all, looked a fantastic talent.

You've got to be on the wind-up?

I'd be very interested in the games you watched him play where you saw 'how bad he was' because he didn't play all that many first team games before his injury but he was excellent in most of them.

I think that Kennedy is the best player to come through the youth team at Celtic since I've been a fan. I honestly think that with more luck, he'd have reached close to 100 caps. I'd say the same for Gordon and D.Fletcher too.

Got to agree with PASTA Mick and Kirk on John Kennedy.

AC Milan and Manchester Utd were having a look at him around the time his horror injury.

After his recovery he was never the same player again. Can remember a few bad games he had during he 2007/08 season were he cost Celtic a couple of points.

That doesn't detract from the fact he was a superb defender until that injury. He had great anticipation, was a firm but fair tackler and was brilliant in the air. John Kennedy could have been a top player

I see where you are coming from Toepoke as much was made of Charlie's talent but he never really brought it to the table on a regular enough basis. However, 20 Caps and 5 Goals is not too shabby and certainly such a return means you'd have to say he made it though perhaps never went as far as he could or should have done with his talent but that may be for another similar-type thread me thinks.

The U-16 1990 Squad and the 2006 U-19 squad that both made finals of tournaments and never really pushed on.............

Actually surprised how many of that U19 squad became full internationals (five). If Reynolds gets a cap, it goes to 6. Not a bad return.

http://bornoffside.net/2012/04/whatever-happened-to-the-2006-scotland-u19-squad/