"prospects" That Never Quite Made It. - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"prospects" That Never Quite Made It.

JagDude

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think he picked up 2 caps in the 90's when Brown took a B-ish style squad out to the Kirin cup, but remember, he was our first pick stricker for 2/3 full years (during a period Vogts had us playing a friendly match almost every week!) when we had nowhere else to turn to for a striker (Faddy had only just broken through, Kenny Miller could hardly stay fit more than 5 minutes during this period, and basically Crawford was scoring goals in the SPL).

I wonder if anyone ever actually figured out how better off we'd have been during the Vogts years if he hadn't constantly indulged his fetish for seeing us regularly get beaten in friendly matches. :lol:

It's just my opinion but I've said before, Vogts made a mistake in never giving Dougie Freedman (stupidly written off by Vogts after 45 against a sublime French team) and Robbie Winters (ridiculous snobbishness on Vogts part towards the Norwegian League) a few games to show what they could do. Of course Winters and Freedman were both very average players, nothing special, but they were in my opinion better players than his beloved Stevie Crawford and Kevin Kyle.

Kyle and Crawford up front. Urrgh, the stuff of nightmares :eek:

I wonder if anyone ever actually figured out how better off we'd have been during the Vogts years if he hadn't constantly indulged his fetish for seeing us regularly get beaten in friendly matches. :lol:

It's just my opinion but I've said before, Vogts made a mistake in never giving Dougie Freedman (stupidly written off by Vogts after 45 against a sublime French team) and Robbie Winters (ridiculous snobbishness on Vogts part towards the Norwegian League) a few games to show what they could do. Of course Winters and Freedman were both very average players, nothing special, but they were in my opinion better players than his beloved Stevie Crawford and Kevin Kyle.

Kyle and Crawford up front. Urrgh, the stuff of nightmares :eek:

Freedman and Winters were not only crap

But also too short for international football