Only Me? - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Whoever from the Better Together campaign that thought "fuckin ell we're losing this debate better send in a Labour activist to the Tartan Army Message Board and change their opinion" needs their head seen to.

Fair play "50yld PhiI who went to France 98" I wouldn't do your job

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't speak for the millions, just the people I know. I've never seen friends, family and friends of friends care so much about politics before. I believe this is reflected on a wider scale across Scotland from what I see online and on tv.

I don't expect you to understand based on your previous post.

I do understand.

Edited by EddardStark

Whoever from the Better Together campaign that thought "fuckin ell we're losing this debate better send in a Labour activist to the Tartan Army Message Board and change their opinion" needs their head seen to.

Fair play "50yld PhiI who went to France 98" I wouldn't do your job

:ok:

Yes big thanks to "Phil", signing up, starting a brand new UKOK thread with his first post and setting us all straight :moon:

Hey, I'm not quite 50! And I don't give a rat's about the abuse, care very much about the referendum. Am not a labour activist. I signed up for this board ages ago, just never posted. And for what it's worth, my name really is Phil, so you can save on the punctuation marks ' '.

Edited by phil

Hey, I'm not quite 50! And I don't give a rat's about the abuse, care very much about the referendum. Am not a labour activist. I signed up for this board ages ago, just never posted. And for what it's worth, my name really is Phil, so you can save on the punctuation marks ' '.

The problem is Phil, that lots of people have done this before and were, quite simply, trolls. If you're not and simply want to create a discussion point then I think that's fair enough, but folks here are rightly wary about a poster whose first few posts are all supporting No on what is essentially a Yes supporting board. If you get involved in all manner if discussions post-vote then fair play to you.

Don't get so precious sweetheart we've all been through it

Yours

"Jon"

You're welcome 'Neil', and all the best to you sir. Thanks also to 'Stapes' for putting me right. I hadn't realised the Yessers actually owned this board and you had to establish your TA credentials before you could put forward an opinion, but there you go...learn something every day.

My reason for starting this thread was to find out if I was alone amongst us in being a NO voter. The conclusion seems to be that I might well be. I suspect though that are other regular posters on this board who do agree with me, at least in part, but are keeping their heads down because they don't like the kind of treatment they know they'll get if they speak out. This is happening all over Scotland. Even if today's poll is accurate there are still 49% who oppose the break up of the union, but I have to say, they are keeping awfie quiet. Have just heard from two good friends of mine, a young English couple who moved to Stirling to work and because they loved Scotland (or thought they did!) but have decided to leave Scotland because of all the abuse they have been getting from locals, which has been gathering in intensity in the build up to the vote. Can't belive that kind of thing is happening in my country - but that is nationalism in action folks!

So keep the snide comments coming - they are not that impressive to be honest, and I'll keep arguing my case as well, right up until polling day.

And such a great job of making your snide case you make young Phil.

Unsubstantiated stooge allegations of anti-English racism? Check

What's next?

An anecdote about how someone in a Yes tuxedo was spotted forcing undecideds to covert to Islam?

You truly are a credit to the great nation you are trying to save.

Thanks for all your fear rhetoric and best wishes to fatty Blair and all the others at Cybernaw HQ.

You're welcome 'Neil', and all the best to you sir. Thanks also to 'Stapes' for putting me right. I hadn't realised the Yessers actually owned this board and you had to establish your TA credentials before you could put forward an opinion, but there you go...learn something every day.

My reason for starting this thread was to find out if I was alone amongst us in being a NO voter. The conclusion seems to be that I might well be. I suspect though that are other regular posters on this board who do agree with me, at least in part, but are keeping their heads down because they don't like the kind of treatment they know they'll get if they speak out. This is happening all over Scotland. Even if today's poll is accurate there are still 49% who oppose the break up of the union, but I have to say, they are keeping awfie quiet. Have just heard from two good friends of mine, a young English couple who moved to Stirling to work and because they loved Scotland (or thought they did!) but have decided to leave Scotland because of all the abuse they have been getting from locals, which has been gathering in intensity in the build up to the vote. Can't belive that kind of thing is happening in my country - but that is nationalism in action folks!

So keep the snide comments coming - they are not that impressive to be honest, and I'll keep arguing my case as well, right up until polling day.

off ya complete and utter prowling haha!

Well, some pretty disgusting stuff there. I seem to have touched a nerve. You guys have proved yourselves to be complete morons and not worth talking to. I won't be logging on again so any more bile you want to spew up will be unread.

Ta Ta

Well, some pretty disgusting stuff there. I seem to have touched a nerve. You guys have proved yourselves to be complete morons and not worth talking to. I won't be logging on again so any more bile you want to spew up will be unread.

Ta Ta

A cheerie bye Phil.

Sorry to see you go - you were so "open-minded"

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Ta Ta

Good bye and take your union with you!

For one this story is bollocks and made up, also you read this in a paper and pretended they were/you have friends.

Some total nonsense in the papers such as the story above. The Times had a piece on Jim Murphy's highly successful speaking tour. It mentioned that in Tain white vans pulled up and lots of men dressed in black jumped out to mourn 300 years of union. I was at Tain with local yes supporters. A completely fabricated story with no grain of truth in it at all. When we read this story we were all thinking wtf. Maybe someone seen a siol nan gaidheal leaflet, googled them, got really confused then decided to make up a story.