General Election To Be Postponed? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election To Be Postponed?

They havent got a clue. I dont know whether they gave their colleagues up here far too much rope or respect, but I think they thought it was all fine. In fairness, they've never seen a campaign like this so probably thought it couldnt be done.

There's probably all sorts of problems if Yes one. Next year's General Election being only one. They were warned though - I remember reading about it months and months ago that it's inconceivable that emergency legislation and powers will be needed to see us through negotiating period.

It genuinely feels as though it's just dawning on Westminster that this referendum is actually happening.

There has been no preparation at all for the sh!tstorm coming their way if Scotland votes Yes

The number of times I've heard political commentators looking ahead to the general election then possible EU referendum, without the hint they even considered what might happen in September....

Still... it's still a big IF

Just realised, if it's Yes and they postpone the general election, Boris won't have a chance to become MP in time if they ditch Cameron...

rUK could be delivered Scot-free to a conservative majority under Osborne??

Osborne's been quiet lately...?

Just realised, if it's Yes and they postpone the general election, Boris won't have a chance to become MP in time if they ditch Cameron...

rUK could be delivered Scot-free to a conservative majority under Osborne??

Osborne's been quiet lately...?

Ever since he got his arse handed to him after "Sermon on the Pound".