Clark Carlisle - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Silly boy, if he was drink driving at the time of the incident I have less or little sympthay for him. He could have killed or maimed anothe road user.

Socially unacceptable to dink and drive and rightly so.

He was charged with drink driving several days before the incident. While in no way excusing his drink driving I gather he has an alcohol problem along with mental health issues (the two often being related).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was charged with drink driving several days before the incident. While in no way excusing his drink driving I gather he has an alcohol problem along with mental health issues (the two often being related).

They most certainly are, and it can often be a chicken/egg conundrum.

Are the rumours of suicide based on nothing more than the fact that he has attempted to take his own life in the past, or was there more (eg worrying Twitter posts, friends concerned about him etc)? If not, I'm hoping that the accident was 'merely' down to drink-driving. Not good, obviously, and morally reprehensible, but better than a suicide attempt.

Edited by ZoltanBuchan

Silly boy, if he was drink driving at the time of the incident I have less or little sympthay for him. He could have killed or maimed anothe road user.

Socially unacceptable to dink and drive and rightly so.

This is purely 'wot I reckon' here, but Carlisle doesn't strike me as the type to attempt suicide in a manner that would also endanger someone else, or at the very least leave them with massive guilt. I'm pretty sure his other (definite) suicide attempt was an OD on pills.

This is purely 'wot I reckon' here, but Carlisle doesn't strike me as the type to attempt suicide in a manner that would also endanger someone else, or at the very least leave them with massive guilt. I'm pretty sure his other (definite) suicide attempt was an OD on pills.

Happy to give clark the benefit of the doubt and let the police decide what action ( if any) is required.

• 1 month later...

Front page of the Sun today.

Ralf Little (he of "2 pints of lager" "fame") has had a rant about him on twitter, seems they've got history

http://tl.gd/n_1skfskk

Seems like he's not very understanding of mental illness (how many of us are?)

But aside from their personal grievances - it's an interesting point.... what do you do with someone (not specifically CC) who suffers from depression, and puts others in danger (drink driving, jumping in front of buses, cars, trains?) - surely locking them up isn't the answer (as Ralf seems to suggest). But what can be done? If someone is putting themselves, and others in danger?

No easy answers

Clark Carlisle or Mr ME ME, now telling the world he wanted to end it by jumping in front of a lorry.

Well Clark you need to deal with your demons and get yourself sorted out.

Telling the world wont help you or anyone else with similar problems,many people have problems and i know i have been called out to many fatalities on the railway and it;s not a nice scene.

Or is it because Mr NIce Guy was drinking and driving and his street cred would have gone down so wanted to top himself.

I have a lot of time for people with mental health issues and Clarke like everyone else should seek help and hopefully all make a full recovery,but going to the media when not fully recovered is just a feel sorry for me story.

While I was reading your post, I thought the complete opposite of this.

Why are you some shrink and an expert on mental health issues, or is it that everything i write you don't agree with for the sake of it.

I am not really arsed what you think i am giving the TAMB my opinion if that's OK with you. :ok:

Why are you some shrink and an expert on mental health issues, or is it that everything i write you don't agree with for the sake of it.

I am not really arsed what you think i am giving the TAMB my opinion if that's OK with you. :ok:

And I'm giving the TAMB my opinion. I know it's difficult but try to stop being a MOPE for just once.

Normalising depression (which is what Carlisle speaking publically about it will help to do) is something which should be welcomed.

And I'm giving the TAMB my opinion. I know it's difficult but try to stop being a MOPE for just once.

Normalising depression (which is what Carlisle speaking publically about it will help to do) is something which should be welcomed.

He is still recovering from his injuries he sustained 6 weeks ago and in that time he wont have had time to sort out his demons, this process takes much longer.

And now he and as you claim speaking out will help others, in a while then maybe but he needs to sort his own issues first.

You don't get alcoholics still on the drink telling others alcohol is bad and addictive, you don't get a gambler putting his wages in a fruit machine then telling others gambling is bad for you and others will sit up and take their advice, how can you take their advice when they are unable to sort out their own problems.

Some do take notice of public figures when they speak up, but in this case why take notice of Carlisle when he is not yet sorted himself out and telling the world he was at a low and decided to end it by jumping in front of a lorry.

If anything it is promoting the way out as he put it, maybe it will catch on using lorries instead of trains, it will certainly help some of us in the rail industry who don't have to go out and see the results of when someone sadly jumps in front of a train.

Normalising depression as you put it, if he had a set he should be working with the mental health experts and groups like the samaritans if he wants to assist others, but not till he has helped himself.

Leave the MOPE out of it i don.t get personal with you and yes i do take offence of being called that.

You don't know me so you should stop trying to be some kind of keyboard bully because it wont work. :wave:

Leave the MOPE out of it i don.t get personal with you and yes i do take offence of being called that.

You don't know me so you should stop trying to be some kind of keyboard bully because it wont work. :wave:

"Keyboard Bully" :lol: Jeezo. I've heard some shite on here but that takes the biscuit.

This is purely 'wot I reckon' here, but Carlisle doesn't strike me as the type to attempt suicide in a manner that would also endanger someone else, or at the very least leave them with massive guilt.

OK, so I got that completely wrong. Horrible story, just hope he gets better.

As someone who suffers with severe anxiety and depression I can understand Carlises pain but I don't get the drinking to combat the pain. I know many people who suffer similar issues as he and I do and none of them use drink as there release, most who drink to escape the pain have underling alcohol problems. Ffs alcohol is a depressant and people with mental health issues should avoid consuming it in vast quantities.

What Clarke did in December shouldn't be thought of as normalizing mental health issues, if anything it will bring more stigma to us.

Neil Lennon lives his life everyday with depression and has a high pressure job; this should be thought of as normalizing mental health issues.

All that being said I hope Clark Carlise gets the help he needs and gets some treatment.

Loads of people with depression and anxiety drink alcohol unfortunately.

I've not got depression. However on Sunday I had my first drink in a while and for the next few days I've felt depressed. I've had little motivation to do anything productive.

I've never felt anything like this from drink before, is it common?

if you don't mind me saying, you're a bit weird then.

linking your little bit of post bevvy blues with proper depression is a bit eh a "look at me" comment...... pretty sad.

It wasn't intended to come across that way at all.

Someone else mentioned alcohol and I asked a question, as it's something I'd just experienced for the first time.

Bash on with the insults if you like though.

I've not got depression. However on Sunday I had my first drink in a while and for the next few days I've felt depressed. I've had little motivation to do anything productive.

I've never felt anything like this from drink before, is it common?

Of course

Alcohol itself is classified as a depressant

Another name for what you experienced is the "black dog" which in reference to another thread, Winston Churchill wrote plenty about as he got it often - Guilt, paranoia etc

This is one of the reasons i hardly drink now as the hangovers are not worth it