"makes The Wrong Decision" - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"makes The Wrong Decision"

Good point though.

Disagree, the keeper brushed his foot, if he'd gone down he would probably have got the decision but the fact he was able to stay on his feet quite easily shows it would have been a dive if he'd gone down.

It's the attitude of the commentator that sickens me though, how many young players are going to think that diving is acceptable if you get away with it because an ex pro says it is.

Disagree, the keeper brushed his foot, if he'd gone down he would probably have got the decision but the fact he was able to stay on his feet quite easily shows it would have been a dive if he'd gone down.

It's the attitude of the commentator that sickens me though, how many young players are going to think that diving is acceptable if you get away with it because an ex pro says it is.

No mate, what I meant was that you made a good point. Got lost between posts, agree re commentators - become a joke.

I can't wait until you're on here moaning about Celtic not getting a penalty next time one of your many cheats dives.

What strange behaviour. Coming into a thread to attack the poster rather than the point being made. Not a go at you, just an observation.

From the commentator (Dodds?) when Ross County player doesn't fall over like a sack of spuds when the keeper touched his foot.

This attitude sickens me.

I would say in the majority of cases, a player would have gone down in the same situation. Doesn't make it right though.

Not to bring the Celtic/Gudetti v Hearts incident up for any reason other than it is a non-penalty freshest in my mind. This is where the referees are a bit of a joke. There was no contact and therefore nothing the referee could have seen yet he gave a decision solely based on Gudetti's actions. In my view it is worse to give a penalty when no foul existed than to miss a penalty when there was a foul - a lot of referees, Collum in particular, look at it the other way which is a truly bizarre way to officiate.

Based on that, if the County player had gone down, most referees would have given a penalty even though as you say, it would have been a dive.

Didn't see the incident to be fair. However, until refs start blowing for contact in the box when the striker doesn't go to ground, I won't be criticizing them for doing it.

It's not a foul to touch another player, it's a contact sport. You're not to allowed to trip another player, that would be a foul. Being touched and pretending it's tripped you up is cheating, nothing else.

It's not a foul to touch another player, it's a contact sport. You're not to allowed to trip another player, that would be a foul. Being touched and pretending it's tripped you up is cheating, nothing else.

Absolutely, does my head in to hear ex pros and commentators talking about 'there was contact' etc. Contact is allowed, kicking, shoving, tripping isn't.

Nothing new, sadly.

About 10 years ago my son, aged 5 at the time, and his pal were in the garden playin fitba.

I looked out to see them throwing themselves to the ground and asked what they were doing.

'Practicing oor diving' was the reply........... :(

Absolutely, does my head in to hear ex pros and commentators talking about 'there was contact' etc. Contact is allowed, kicking, shoving, tripping isn't.

I'd say the opposite. It was a penalty regardless of whether he went down. The keeper threw himself in, got nowhere near the ball and hit the player and was enough to knock him out of his stride and prevent him getting on to the ball. Penalty. The fact that refs won't give them suggests to me that the player has to go down to get it and so there lies the problem.

I'd say the opposite. It was a penalty regardless of whether he went down. The keeper threw himself in, got nowhere near the ball and hit the player and was enough to knock him out of his stride and prevent him getting on to the ball. Penalty. The fact that refs won't give them suggests to me that the player has to go down to get it and so there lies the problem.

It was a brush, nothing more.

It was a brush, nothing more.

It doesn't have to be more. There actually doesn't even have to be contact if he throws himself at the feet of a player causing him to break stride, lose his balance or prevent him getting the ball.

It doesn't have to be more. There actually doesn't even have to be contact if he throws himself at the feet of a player causing him to break stride, lose his balance or prevent him getting the ball.

The problem is quite a lot of refs haven't played the game to any level. They don't understand the dynamics as they just have no experience.