Bob Geldof In Record - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bob Geldof In Record

Predictable drivel but this stood out

Geldof understands national pride , but has a warning when politicians start using it for their own ends.

He said: Its a very healthy sense to understand who you are as a people and your place in this world. Thats a normal human instinct. We have a word for it its called patriotism. But when its manipulated into the base metal of politics, which is nationalism when political people on both sides of the argument do that you have to be very wary. You really must think through these things."

Completely ignorant of what drives independence for Scotland. Amazing now many seemingly intelligent people make the very same mistake.

Predictable drivel but this stood out

Geldof understands national pride , but has a warning when politicians start using it for their own ends.

He said: Its a very healthy sense to understand who you are as a people and your place in this world. Thats a normal human instinct. We have a word for it its called patriotism. But when its manipulated into the base metal of politics, which is nationalism when political people on both sides of the argument do that you have to be very wary. You really must think through these things."

Completely ignorant of what drives independence for Scotland. Amazing now many seemingly intelligent people make the very same mistake.

It's so irritating. So many folk on the outside coming out with this pish. If they even bothered for an hour to read the blogs, posts, watch referendumtv or listen to podcasts they'd realise they were wrong.

The Gene is out of the bottle and no matter how many top Westminster English politicians they send up to try and put it back in it just won't go.People who had no political bone in their bodies have now seen that BT have nothing positive to say about Scotland and now realise we can't be better together.It's time for change and a new beginning.

I hate all this bollocks about abandoning the rest of the UK and them saying that the current discontent with the political system is no reason to vote for indy. Within that statement they are admitting that things are f*cked so they must also recognise that there is no political movement for change in the rUK.

Those people in Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester and God knows where else should be packing out town halls and marching the streets demanding change if they are so concerned with the current state of affairs. Then and only then will I listen to idiots such as Darling, Murphy and Geldof promoting this nonsense line that they continually push on us.

I hate all this bollocks about abandoning the rest of the UK and them saying that the current discontent with the political system is no reason to vote for indy. Within that statement they are admitting that things are f*cked so they must also recognise that there is no political movement for change in the rUK.

Those people in Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester and God knows where else should be packing out town halls and marching the streets demanding change if they are so concerned with the current state of affairs. Then and only then will I listen to idiots such as Darling, Murphy and Geldof promoting this nonsense line that they continually push on us.

I know numerous people here in Manchester who are all for the Independence of Scotland as they hope to be able to hit them straight away for a Northern-Southern divide !

There are many people in e a north of the Shire who have had enough of the Southern penny takers in the parliament and want away aswell.

On the abandoning of Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester etc issue....didn't we do that when we voted to devolve powers to Edinburgh? we already have abandoned them when it comes to health, education etc

The way I see it is you either want to be in the same boat as the north of england in which case you have everything for the whole uk decided at westminster (then we'd really all be in it together) or you are independent...I've not heard anyone propose the first option (which would be the true better together philosophy).

you can't be showing solidarity with north england while you have different laws and decisions made regarding education, health etc. They have the tories for everything while we have them for some things!

Voting No won't help them either. The north of England gets f*cked over just as much, if not more, than we do. If we vote No then we are basically sending out the message that we are content with the way things work in the UK.

On the other hand, a Yes vote might make a few northern Englishers sit up and think and hopefully, for their sake, start questioning the current state of affairs in England.