Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours

kmcca5

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disappointing when we're still in three tournaments.

True but that 250k could go towards producing more young talent. I don't want him to go but that kind of money wouldn't hurt.

Talking of everton heard a few rumours about Ryan Jack.

I'm reasonably well sighted in relation to that club and I have no reason to question the interest.

At the moment that is all it is, an inquisitive interest and scouting process, like with Robertson and gauld last year but it's an area of the park everton need reinforcements with Barry being auld and shite, potential for McCarthy leaving for big bucks and with Gibson and osman being perineal crocks. If he impresses that's where he will end up.

True but that 250k could go towards producing more young talent. I don't want him to go but that kind of money wouldn't hurt.

They'd make more than that by winning the League Cup semi, not to mention what happens in the Scottish or in the league. It's a poor gamble to sell him at that price. We're not skint any more, no bank is telling us to sell and we've already pulled down £6m in transfers this season.

They'd make more than that by winning the League Cup semi, not to mention what happens in the Scottish or in the league. It's a poor gamble to sell him at that price. We're not skint any more, no bank is telling us to sell and we've already pulled down £6m in transfers this season.

All true... But... I still think Thompson would take the £250,000 and save on his wages as they have youngsters they could blood at no extra cost in his place - all because he will leave for nothing in a few months of course

All true... But... I still think Thompson would take the £250,000 and save on his wages as they have youngsters they could blood at no extra cost in his place - all because he will leave for nothing in a few months of course

You might be right. For me, the main purpose of a football is to win matches and selling GMS just now for such a paltry amount would be to seriously undermine a very promising season. It's still possible (not saying it's likely) that it could be the greatest in the club's history, so to punt our best matchwinner for a small amount of money to toss into the bank would be criminal.

They didn't sell him last summer because they were prepared to allow him to depreciate to zero after raking in the other transfer cash so I don't see why that would change now, especially given how the first half of the year has gone.

Edited by adamntg

You might be right. For me, the main purpose of a football is to win matches and selling GMS just now for such a paltry amount would be to seriously undermine a very promising season. It's still possible (not saying it's likely) that it could be the greatest in the club's history, so to punt our best matchwinner for a small amount of money to toss into the bank would be criminal.

They didn't sell him last summer because they were prepared to allow him to depreciate to zero after raking in the other transfer cash so I don't see why that would change now, especially given how the first half of the year has gone.

Completely agree.Would be crazy to disrupt such a chance.

Hard to believe that a championship team wouldnt think 250K is a worthwhile risk for his undoubted ability, but havent heard any rumours. Youd think he could be a real hero at a club like Leeds. Hope he stays with united though.

If he does end up with celtic, he'll just end up getting kicked off the park by the same people next season.

BBC are saying that Wolves and Huddersfield are also interested in Mackay-Steven.

He's getting slagged off by a few on the Celtic boards for supposedly being an "average player". Aye, cause Tonev and McGregor are world class :rolleyes:

Those are the fans that don't pay attention to what is going on in the leagye around them and base their opinion on the odd game he played against Celtic.

Celtic would be a perfect place for GMS. He is quite possibly the most skilled player we have at our disposal and could be invaluable for Scotland. No disprespect to Utd, but he was never going to get a fair shot at international football there. Playing regularly for Celtic pretty much guarantees you game time for Scotland, so it is probably his fastest route into the team.

Those are the fans that don't pay attention to what is going on in the leagye around them and base their opinion on the odd game he played against Celtic.

I know. It's just frustrating when you see a number of them repeating it.

Same goes for a number of Norwich supporters who were pissing blood at the thought of Alex Neil becoming their new manager last week purely because he comes from up here where football is supposedly "garbage". Robbie Savage and Mark Lawrenson say it is, so it must be true !

I know. It's just frustrating when you see a number of them repeating it.

Same goes for a number of Norwich supporters who were pissing blood at the thought of Alex Neil becoming their new manager last week purely because he comes from up here where football is supposedly "garbage". Robbie Savage and Mark Lawrenson say it is, so it must be true !

They are the same fans that will turn their nose up at signing basically any player in the SPFL, but then moan about missed opportunities when players like Robertson, Snodgrass etc go south and excel.

Yeah, looks like Fletch is going to be on the move. Wba would be a good move I think.

He is the type of player their new manager likes. Anything as long as he gets some game time. He and Scotland would benefit.