U21 Squad For Luxemburg? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21 Squad For Luxemburg?

BlueBonnetsowertheBorder

Goalkeepers

Jordan Archer (Tottenham Hotspur*)

Jack Hamilton (Heart of Midlothian)

Jonathan Henly (Reading)

Defenders

Stuart Findlay (Celtic)

Marcus Fraser (Celtic)

Stephen Hendrie (Hamilton Academical)

Dominic Hyam (Reading)

Ryan Jack (Aberdeen)

Jordan McGhee (Heart of Midlothian)

Clark Robertson (Aberdeen)

Midfielders

Ryan Gauld (Sporting Clube de Portugal)

Billy King (Heart of Midlothian)

Lewis Macleod (Rangers)

John McGinn (St Mirren)

Craig Slater (Kilmarnock)

Forwards

Ryan Christie (Inverness Caledonian Thistle)

Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth)

Stevie May (Sheffield Wednesday)

Rory McKenzie (Kilmarnock)

Declan McManus (Aberdeen)

Sam Nicholson (Heart of Midlothian)

Donaldson, Burgess and Watt instead of (probably) Findlay, Fraser and Nicholson.

I wouldn't have Robertson near the set-up either.

Souttar and Johnstone would probably have been in my squad too.

Probably a few other changes I'd make too but would need to come back to you.

Donaldson, Burgess and Watt instead of (probably) Findlay, Fraser and Nicholson.

you would drop nicholson before King? :blink:

100% Agree. Also Rory McKenzie!?

Burgess playing every week in the championship not included, meanwhile Findlay and Fraser - Never even a sniff of the matchday squad for Celtic and are always in. Madness.

Tony Watt is playing, scoring and clearly has much more talent than half of those strikers also.

Start is a complete walloper

you would drop nicholson before King? :blink:

I did say probably. I doubt I'd have either TBH.

The boys at Swansea may be included. Just need to work out who and which ones would make way.

The point is, this squad could be so much better.

Edited by PASTA Mick

Not watched him for a while but is Ryan Fraser not doing pretty well down south ? May well be wrong but interested to hear how he's doing...

Said this before on here - Stark has a moronic 1950s attitude of only selecting a maximum of five or six English (or foreign) based players. Leaving the country has him tut-tutting.

Stark's narrow minded preference for picking Scottish based players might be applauded by one or two but this idiotic practice it is extremely harmful to our Under 21 team. It is needlessly limiting the pool of players available. Selection should be about a players ability, fitness and form rather than his club's nationality.

An appalling manager.

Said this before on here - Stark has a moronic 1950s attitude of only selecting a maximum of five or six English (or foreign) based players. Leaving the country has him tut-tutting.

Stark's narrow minded preference for picking Scottish based players might be applauded by one or two but this idiotic practice it is extremely harmful to our Under 21 team. It is needlessly limiting the pool of players available. Selection should be about a players ability, fitness and form rather than his club's nationality.

An appalling manager.

Agreed. These young players have got a move down south purely because they are talented and have proved it to scouts.

I'm not saying staying in Scotland necessarily means you aren't as good but half of this team is made up of Scottish championship players, when we have 3 playing for Swansea not getting a shout and another playing for 1 of the best teams in Belgium. Ludicrous.

EDIT: Ok, only 5 playing in the Scottish championship, but still.

Edited by Tartan blood

100% Agree. Also Rory McKenzie!?

Burgess playing every week in the championship not included, meanwhile Findlay and Fraser - Never even a sniff of the matchday squad for Celtic and are always in. Madness.

Tony Watt is playing, scoring and clearly has much more talent than half of those strikers also.

Start is a complete walloper

Rory Mckenzie has been excellent this season. I doubt you've seen him play.

Another belter by Stark, leave out Burgess and let Australia get him.

I posted before that Cameron Burgess was eligible for Australia. It appears he trained with their under 20 team earlier this year according to this article.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/08/15/bolter-burgess-grabs-fulham-chance

Have a nasty feeling we'll lose him in the next twelve months unless Strachan was bring him into the seniors. Australia will give him an 89th minute substitute appearance in an Asian Cup game and lock him in.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Another belter by Stark, leave out Burgess and let Australia get him.

I posted before that Cameron Burgess was eligible for Australia. It appears he trained with their under 20 team earlier this year according to this article.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/08/15/bolter-burgess-grabs-fulham-chance

Have a nasty feeling we'll lose him in the next twelve months unless Strachan was bring him into the seniors. Australia will give him an 89th minute substitute appearance in an Asian Cup game and lock him in.

Classic Stark. Stuart Findlay and Marcus Fraser have played as many games this season though.... For Celtic Under 19's....

TV yes. Are you insuinuating that Rory McKenzie is a better and more promising player than Tony Watt!? lol

No but Watt got punted for reason by celtic.

I've watched him numerous times at youth level for celtic last season and season before and his attitude stinks.

More yo being a football player than raw talent.

I thought only 12 year old girls said Lol.

Scotland U21s: Archer (GK), Jack (Cpt.), Findlay, McGhee, Robertson, Macleod, Slater, McGinn, Gauld, R. Fraser, May

That's actually a very strong front line. Quite a few future senior squad members in that lineup, I reckon

It is decent. I could still be better.

We need a big win tonight to have any chance of making the play-offs. 6 points and 17-goal swing needed in 2 matches :lol:

This campaign has been awful despite the decent players we do have available.

Edited by PASTA Mick