Alcohol On Football Buses/trains - What Is The Law - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alcohol On Football Buses/trains - What Is The Law

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/ArtsCultureSport/Sport/SafetyIssues/SportsGrounds/AlcoholControl

No voting toffs can get steaming on a public bus going to watch grown men fondle each other for 80 minutes.

It is only the grounds that have been de-designated. travelling to the games is still covered by the legislation, which is why trains are dry on rugby international match days.

I'm passing on my experience of coach travel in the UK ,If you require more knowledge on the subject then go and find it yourself.

Anybody know how far in advance you can book a train ticket ?

I am passing on my experience of booking train tickets. Now, go and find oot for yourself. :wink2:

It is only the grounds that have been de-designated. travelling to the games is still covered by the legislation, which is why trains are dry on rugby international match days.

Not sure about that...

1 Offences in connection with alcohol on coaches and trains.
(1)This section applies to a vehicle which—
(a)is a public service vehicle or railway passenger vehicle, and
(b)is being used for the principal purpose of carrying passengers for the whole or part of a journey to or from a designated sporting event.
So international rugby and Murrayfield are not designated events or stadium.
The train and bus companies can however institute their own ban through their terms and conditions of sale so perhaps that explains it rather than the law for the rugby days.

With regards to busses to football games, i dont recall ever being on one with no alcohol (on bus) and never been pulled. I understand they stop some busses on matchdays for Glasgow but i reckon as its not match day & as soon as you get on ferry your not Police Scotland's problem you'll be fine.

Last year we had a mini bus pulled over on our way to T In The Park and the police didnt say a word about the alcohol as the whole bus empties with cans & bottles, drinking away at side of road whilst talking to them. Reason we got stopped was due to 'fire escapes being blocked' tied some sledges to the roof & we were on our way in no time!

With buses is that not just a rule that the companies has implemented and not a law?

If you've hired a coach and don't act like idiots, tidy up and have a wee whip round for your driver then he won't give a feck.

It's normally in the terms and conditions you sign when hiring the bus, but as you say - don't be a arse, look after the bus, have a whip round. Sorted.