Bbc Debate Wednesday 3Rd September - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bbc Debate Wednesday 3Rd September

I can't state how much I hate Jim Murphy, they talk about 'Team Scotland' after a Yes but he has made his bed and can lie in it.

He is a liar and his stupid town speeches are calculated to tar Yes voters with allegations of abuse and intimidation etc.

When I was in Tain he was talking to two no voters about going on holiday to Ireland in summer and how you couldn't tell when you cross the border these days. I overheard him, then in his speech he talked about, you guessed it...borders!!

There was also a lot of words shouted back and forth from Yes and No supporters then when a woman chipped in and someone replied he was off his box saying to the Yes supporter who was a man that 'You are abusing this woman' then made a public show of it by saying 'This man is abusing a woman and I can't have that'

Then in Inverness where I was campaigning there were more vocal unionists. I was called worse than the Gestapo for having a Yes flag and a woman tried to rip it out of my hand. When the talk started this old guy hit a Yes supporter with his umbrella and was opening it in his face. The Yes supporter, a friend of mine, just stood there and took a step back asking what was he doing. Murphy jumped off his box and went over and announced over his mic that 'this Yes supporter is physically abusing an oap and I can't have that, why are you abusing oap's'

Total scumbag I would love him out of a job, ignorant, underhand arsehole.

Murphy being asked about tuition fees was amusing. Pity sturgeon didn't remind everyone how he was reprimanded by parliament and shafted over thousands of students during his time as chairman of NUS.

Personally I'd love to see the poor in Liverpool etc taken out of poverty but unless there's a referendum for everyone north of the Watford gap breaking away, this is an impossibility. The fact that my vote could reduce poverty up here is why I'm voting yes.

Personally I'd love to see the poor in Liverpool etc taken out of poverty but unless there's a referendum for everyone north of the Watford gap breaking away, this is an impossibility. The fact that my vote could reduce poverty up here is why I'm voting yes.

agreed if the huge surplus contributed by Scotland to the UK economy was going to help those in need and to develop the economies around the UK I would have a hard time not supporting it. However it goes into the pockets of the rich, criminals and those wrecking our economy.

I've watched most of them so far but tonight was one debate too far for me. Having seen 3 over the last week or so the thought of yet another one was just too much, especially with Murphy on it. I'm sure it didn't cover any new ground.

Watching Argentina dismantle Germany was far more entertaining.

I've watched most of them so far but tonight was one debate too far for me. Having seen 3 over the last week or so the thought of yet another one was just too much, especially with Murphy on it. I'm sure it didn't cover any new ground.

Watching Argentina dismantle Germany was far more entertaining.

Aye and the mighty ROI beat Oman 2-0

Word perfect from Nicola :love:

And proves my point that when Murphy isn't screaming down a megaphone or microphone and the recipient is given a chance to answer without interruption his lies are exposed and all he can do is sit and squirm. We've got 2 weeks left of this "serial misleading "Scotaphobe.Lets hope our faith in democracy ensures we never hear his like again in our country.