Hoolies - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

biffer

The cloud of smoke rising above the roof of the Rangers end.

Being pished on from behind.

Polis turning a blind eye to a loon being held up by his mates unable to walk.

Swaying with crowd to We hate Jimmy Hill.......

Phuqqing great days.

I really feel for the bairns missing out on it all. Will never see the likes again.

Couldn't agree more - those days are past now though.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cloud of smoke rising above the roof of the Rangers end.

Being pished on from behind.

Polis turning a blind eye to a loon being held up by his mates unable to walk.

Swaying with crowd to We hate Jimmy Hill.......

Phuqqing great days.

I really feel for the bairns missing out on it all. Will never see the likes again.

Gayfield

Terraces a riot of red & yellow lion rampants and blue and white saltires; filthy jeans, shoes and snot from the dust of the railway sleeper; wet dust in a covered end - very suspect

The 70's - Happy Days! Memorable goals from Law, Jordan, Masson, Gemmill, Dalglish; width from Johnstone, Johnston, Morgan, Gray, Hutchison; brilliant defence from McGrain, Jardine, Holton, Buchan, Forsyth, Gray, Donachie; midfield with Bremner, Hay, Souness, Burns, Hartford, Gemmill and so many more; and all with 100,000+ crowds for the big ones.

This is turning into a better (if cliched) thread than the one about Hoolies ?

Bring Back The Old '70 & 80's classic's

Bonnie Scotland, Bonnie Scotland We'll Support You Ever More.

Scotland, Scotland, Scotland etc etc etc.

Get Intae them.

If I Had the wings of a Sparrow.

I'm sure there are many more that i fail to remember.

much better than your doh-a-deer & we'll be coming pish :ok:

Get the unofficial tartan army song book there are some great old songs in it plus some great tales

100% agree we need more songs. Bonnie Mary would be great and I particularly like the East Fife adaptation of I love a lassie......

Not PC of course but this is fitba and it is a tune that everyone knows. Last line would need further adaptation though.

I know a lassie

A bonnie, bonnie lassie

She's as tight as the paper on the wa'

She's got legs like a spider

And I wid love tae ride her

Mary fae Methilhill

There are more verses on East afire website but I dinnae ken how to upload.

In Hampden it's the north and west that start up the singing. The east is full of families and the south is full of people that tut or make snide comments when you arrive 5 mins late. Those people also want to sit quietly and examine the football. I guess singing might be a bit cringy. That's fair enough but it doesn't help the team. At parkhead I really felt like I was surrounded by people that would normally have been in the south stand. Hence it was a bit frustrating. I've got another mate that said the atmosphere against ireland was brilliant so he must jave been surrounded by north standers. He usually sits in the south...now he knows what he's been missing!

Hawl, i go to the games with my dad and sit in the south.....because he has shite knees and the standing doesnt do him any favours. But aye the south is a bit more quiet.

I got scunnered when I saw how the words on the big screen had almost no relation to the ones I'd been singing for the last decade.

funny as fek i was thinkin exact same thing when watching screen