Gibraltar Attendance - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gibraltar Attendance

Redondo

Once the SFA finishing counting their takings for 2 almost sellout games at Celtic Park v Ireland and England, the Germany game will probs be high demand cos it's Germany, and if we're still in the hunt, even for a playoff spot, the Poland game could be massive, what's the chances of them bowing to fan feedback and reducing the price for the Gib game. Given the effort the team put into that game on Friday, a half full Hampden would be a real travesty for the next game. They need to do everything possible to ensure that place is full to the brim to keep the momentum going.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It surely cant be difficult to refund a tenner or something like that to those who have already bought tickets for the gibraltar game.Why no make it £20 adults and kids for a fiver get the old stadium rocking for the team to play in front off especially on a sunday night.

I suspect there will be a slight increase in sales.... Since Friday night I have had folk phoning me who have not been to scotland games in years (even one who has not been in the best part of a decade) asking for a England ticket and to get them one for the next qualifier (I even say that's Gibraltar and their reply is "brilliant that will be a rugby score then!")

There will be no reduction or special offers, but do suspect there will be freebies on facebook, Twitter and the Scotland Social site for tickets in the build up.

Would happily go if the SFA reduced the price to £20 for all stands, with £5 concessions.

But Broadfoot, McGeever and co are a shower of egotistical arseholes who couldn't give a monkeys about the fans and won't budge one inch.

Therefore, will be watching this one in the pub.

Any discounts or offers would need to then be given to the people who purchased season tickets, which in a perfect world would be the smart thing to do.....

But this is the SSC we are talking about and suspect they will call our bluff now the feel good factor is back, and though maybe not a full house, might draw what will be considered a acceptable crowd for a game v a glorified pub team (I suspect they will use the excuse for a low crowd on the standard of opponent rather than price....)

I suspect there will be a slight increase in sales.... Since Friday night I have had folk phoning me who have not been to scotland games in years (even one who has not been in the best part of a decade) asking for a England ticket and to get them one for the next qualifier (I even say that's Gibraltar and their reply is "brilliant that will be a rugby score then!")

There will be no reduction or special offers, but do suspect there will be freebies on facebook, Twitter and the Scotland Social site for tickets in the build up.

Was just going to say the same mate. Spoke to guys at the weekend about Gibralter. 'I've never seen us win 10-0' was the general consensus

Same feeling here folks. Prices won't drop. People will want to go due to previous great results. Me and Mrs have been to them all (except Georgia as already in Warsaw). We will travel the 350 miles to go to the game from where we live but understand people's frustrations.

There will be a much bigger crowd at the Gibraltar game than many are predicting regardless of the price. Its 4 months away and the excitement on the back of Friday night will build during that time. Be over 40k easy.

Agreed. Back at Hampden as well, with a more than realistic chance of qualifying. The SFA owe the players & management team big time, if they didn't perform this campaign they would have been in shit street with record low attendances.

You have played a dodgy game of poker SFA, luckily you have been dealt a good hand.

Totally agree with last comment.

It's not the team's fault. They have done us proud. We have done them proud. We need to keep the support up as it this groups placings could come down to goal difference. We can deal with sfa differences later.

With all the hype going around I think Gibraltar will sell out. Our bus is now full for England game and was struggling to keep bus going due to lack of numbers for England game. Everyone wants a piece now. Some boys going England is first game. Gibraltar will sell out I can feel it. Hope so. We only play 4 home games a season. Couldn't imagine not being at it.

With all the hype going around I think Gibraltar will sell out. Our bus is now full for England game and was struggling to keep bus going due to lack of numbers for England game. Everyone wants a piece now. Some boys going England is first game. Gibraltar will sell out I can feel it. Hope so. We only play 4 home games a season. Couldn't imagine not being at it.