Idiots In Our End Last Night - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Idiots In Our End Last Night

andyg83

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a go at some Irish fans last night for refusing to sit when the rest of the stand was sitting (I'd rather stand, but everyone was sitting therefore ...). They were refusing to ask the row in front of them to sit down. Ended up with me telling them to go f@ck themselves. To be fair to them they turned round later and shook my hand. Other than that minor thing I thought they were pretty good fans overall, but always felt it had the potential to kick off, but then there were a lot of Irish in the Scottish part of the Lisbon Lions lower.

Why not tell them to f off they do the same and more over there u think.

Can you imagine standing in the aviva with a Scotland top and getting friendship.

They are pretty anti group over there

I didn't like having to sit and listen to chants of Aiden mcgeady and fields of athenry, and fans calling scotty brown a useless, ugly c**t, coming from large numbers of Irish fans in our end. I'd rather there was total segregation but if they are gonna sit in our end, I'd rather they kept a lid on it. I think it was inflammatory in a very charged atmosphere in such a vital match. I don't know what would've happened if they had scored, because there would've been pockets of celebration all around the stadium within the scotland support. Without being too dramatic, it really could've kicked off. And to top it all off an Irish lassie from the group of them that surrounded us told my mate to "calm the f**k down" when we scored cos one of her (male) friends got bumped in the celebrations. In the scotland end. Wasn't happy about that. Having said all that it probably made it all the sweeter when Shaun curled it in!

I didn't notice anything near me (JS Upper 444), but I have noticed that there seems to be more 'infighting' at most of our games. Since 2007 it has gradually got worse, most of the folk I used to go with have stopped going because of this(or results.....or me haha). Seriously worries me, especially as the ticket prices etc are watering our fanbase even further.

Why not tell them to f off they do the same and more over there u think.

Can you imagine standing in the aviva with a Scotland top and getting friendship.

They are pretty anti group over there

We are a pretty anti group?!! Where the hell are you getting that?

There'll be thousands of you in the home end in the Aviva and you won't get coins etc thrown at you. I can 100% assure you.

absolutely correct. Ferguson and McCann were given the McGeady treatment the whole game.

Not really the same.

I reckon the vast majority of us were booing McGeady because he turned his back on us - not because of the team he plays or played for. Ferguson and McCann were singled because they played for Rangers.

I like to to add that the Irish fans in 209 in the North Stand near us were fine - no issues at all. Didn't hear anything sectarian or see any coin throwing.