Fanthem Was A Shambles - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fanthem Was A Shambles

TheReid

Im sure most of you will agree that last nights rendition of FOS was an absolute shambles. We sing it best at the pace of Ronnie Brown. I really do think something should be done about it otherwise it's quite embarrassing.

Edited by TheReid

What was up with the pipers ? On the TV they sounded really out of tune.

I used to play the bagpipes for a grade two pipeband and for a nation to be represented by substandard piping like that was unbelievable.

Edited by TheReid

Oh and "Fanthem".

Realy????

Well it's actually called that so aye, and we won 1-0 you're right and I'm absolutely buzzing what's that to do with anything? regardless of the score the anthem wasn't sung to the pace of the pipeband, the pipes were out of tune. Its meant to be our nations anthem and we can and should do better that's what I'm saying.

It was far too slow. It's all about the drumbeat. At the Georgia game it was a perfect tempo, probably a full beat quicker than the other night. I like the idea of not having a singer and leaving it to a pipe band and us but if they can't do better than that bring back Amy or Ronnie.

Ronnie was the best imo

Any game I have been at ,the crowd sing at a faster pace than the singer ,band or whoever.

Maybe its the crowd thats wrong!!

Don't say that, you'll get pelters :lol: Edited by John_B81

We all sang far too fast. You'd have thought they'd have worked it oot by now.

Its same with 500 miles. For 15 years now every match half the crowd come in early on the chorus

Think we have to accept that most Scotland fans canny carry a tune

Let a single piper start and let us get on with it... We may sing it a bit fast but we sing it together and it sounds great.. look at the rendition after the goal... Any band/singer will play/sing at the correct timings we use :cheers3::beer2::bouncy:

After the goal was definitely one of the best renditions of FOS I've heard it was booming around the stadium. Bring Ronnie back.

Firstly, the words are now a laughable insult.

Secondly, it's a pish anthem anyway.

Time for a new anthem to replace it, or at least sing the proper 2nd verse instead of the 3rd.

Disagree I think the anthem is applies now more than ever to those who were yes but anyway that's a different thing altogether.

I personally love the anthem and hope we can sort it out.

I was mortified at the shambles of the anthem at the start. The ones that followed in the second half were some of the best I've heard in my twenty years of home games. Although originally not the biggest fan I think Amy McDonald signs it the best because she's learned the knack of signing it at the pace which we do. That is the key factor to making it sound amazing and something to be proud of.