Be The Nation Again - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Be The Nation Again

harrystarfish

Has always baffled me as well, I have no problem with people who are Unionists, I don't agree with them politically but i respect thier opinion but I have never understood how anyone of said opinion can stand at Hampden or Murrayfield and belt out Flower of Scotland with pride when the lyrics are clearly Nationalist and then trot along to the polling station to vote against everything the song stands for, it would be like a Nationalist belting out Rule Britania with a tear in their eye before voting Yes. Really don't get it.

not quite the same but , a staunch Ulster unionist watching Ireland play rugby - i don't know the words of the anthem incidentally

Catalan fan watching Spain (yes i know they don't typically play games in Barcelona)

Quebec fan watching the Canada hockey team at Olympics etc

some folk can seperate sport and politics

recall the mass singing of Danny Boy for Barry Mcguigan fight in late 80s - QPR i think

popular guy

the fact that the natuional team were formed almost two centuries after the union should not be lost either

our national anthem will be sung with passion,pride and belief on sunday i hope everyone sets it to record on their sky+. i'll bet every single person who is SCOTTISH inside the westafalonstadion/signal igunda whatever its called IS BELTING IT OUT ... I FOR ONE CANNY FECKING WAIT

:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

How can you support Scotland and then vote no?

I just don't get it.

Will you still support Scotland when \ if we get YES.

What an absolute load of self centered pish.

Will you still support Scotland if it's a no vote?

Edited by dandydunn

not quite the same but , a staunch Ulster unionist watching Ireland play rugby - i don't know the words of the anthem incidentally

Catalan fan watching Spain (yes i know they don't typically play games in Barcelona)

Quebec fan watching the Canada hockey team at Olympics etc

some folk can seperate sport and politics

recall the mass singing of Danny Boy for Barry Mcguigan fight in late 80s - QPR i think

popular guy

the fact that the natuional team were formed almost two centuries after the union should not be lost either

The Quebecois and the Catalans don't have a team. The reason for this is that they are not nations, so they can't compete in international sport.

Forget what anthem we should be singing.... Flower of Scotland would make no sense any more, but the fact that we even have a team would be unjustifiable in my eyes post no vote.

If we're playing by the rules everyone else does, It should be GSTQ and let's see if any of our boys are good enough to make team UK.