Be The Nation Again - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Be The Nation Again

harrystarfish

As we all know, this Sunday marks the last time the Tartan Army will ever sing Flower of Scotland before knowing the referendum result. The last time 'we can still rise now, and be the nation again' will be sung as a challenge to ourselves, a hopeful ambition, and a call to action.

At every game after that we'll know the referendum result, and we'll know if Scotland collectively seized it's chance. From then and for the next few years we'll either say the words with bitter disappointment (if we can bring ourselves to say them) or we'll be singing it triumphantly with pride, knowing that 'we rose'. Either way, the anthem will be charged with very different emotions in front of Georgia and Poland in October.

Sunday night will be the last time our generation of the Tartan Army will sing this line with a question mark after it without knowing the answer.

So let's make Sunday night's Flower of Scotland rendition one for the ages, and blast the roof off the away end.

COME ON SCOTLAND!!!

As we all know, this Sunday marks the last time the Tartan Army will ever sing Flower of Scotland before knowing the referendum result. The last time 'we can still rise now, and be the nation again' will be sung as a challenge to ourselves, a hopeful ambition, and a call to action.

At every game after that we'll know the referendum result, and we'll know if Scotland collectively seized it's chance. From then and for the next few years we'll either say the words with bitter disappointment (if we can bring ourselves to say them) or we'll be singing it triumphantly with pride, knowing that 'we rose'. Either way, the anthem will be charged with very different emotions in front of Georgia and Poland in October.

Sunday night will be the last time our generation of the Tartan Army will sing this line with a question mark after it without knowing the answer.

So let's make Sunday night's Flower of Scotland rendition one for the ages, and blast the roof off the away end.

COME ON SCOTLAND!!!

if a No vote carriesa the day , then may as well revert to GSTQ and take it royally up the khyber as the chance will disappear as quick as Brigadoon

I love flower of Scotland, great lyrics and sends shivers down my back.

How can you support Scotland and then vote no?

I just don't get it.

Will you still support Scotland when \ if we get YES.

Haven't heard from bunkertit for a while. Hope he is getting his suitcase ready for a midnight move on the 18th.

I love flower of Scotland, great lyrics and sends shivers down my back.

How can you support Scotland and then vote no?

I just don't get it.

Will you still support Scotland when \ if we get YES.

Haven't heard from bunkertit for a while. Hope he is getting his suitcase ready for a midnight move on the 18th.

Has always baffled me as well, I have no problem with people who are Unionists, I don't agree with them politically but i respect thier opinion but I have never understood how anyone of said opinion can stand at Hampden or Murrayfield and belt out Flower of Scotland with pride when the lyrics are clearly Nationalist and then trot along to the polling station to vote against everything the song stands for, it would be like a Nationalist belting out Rule Britania with a tear in their eye before voting Yes. Really don't get it.

Has always baffled me as well, I have no problem with people who are Unionists, I don't agree with them politically but i respect thier opinion but I have never understood how anyone of said opinion can stand at Hampden or Murrayfield and belt out Flower of Scotland with pride when the lyrics are clearly Nationalist and then trot along to the polling station to vote against everything the song stands for, it would be like a Nationalist belting out Rule Britania with a tear in their eye before voting Yes. Really don't get it.

Doesn't baffle me. They're selfish c**ts.

our national anthem will be sung with passion,pride and belief on sunday i hope everyone sets it to record on their sky+. i'll bet every single person who is SCOTTISH inside the westafalonstadion/signal igunda whatever its called IS BELTING IT OUT ... I FOR ONE CANNY FECKING WAIT

Doesn't baffle me. They're selfish c**ts.

I sing the anthem as it’s the Scottish anthem at the moment not a mission statement , I sing it because I am Scottish not because of what it stands for - however I am Scottish, British and proud of that also proud of where I live and my people regardless of point of view or politics.

Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding