Undecideds - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You misunderstand my point. They're not saying there isn't enough information, they simply don't understand politics.

I tend to agree. In my experience, rather than there being not enough information or answers as the No campaign continue to scream, I think there's too much. Every day people are directed to newspapers, columns, articles, blogs, reports, white papers, think tanks, and without exception theres almost always contradictory evidence or opinion, or reems of information that is just not possible for people to consume. The problem is that people were told there were answers to everything. The No campaign said such answers must exist and demanded them, the Yes campaign said they would answer all questions.

Unfortunately, that's not how the world is. There are rarely straight forward, unequivocal answers, especially when it comes to predicting the future.

Im not surprised people have been frustrated. In Yes Scotland's defence, there isnt much else they could have done especially given the hostility to independence from a large number of people and especially the media. Thankfully a positive, inspiring campaign has made up for some of it's weaknesses or faults.

My biggest concern is that the undecideds will

Just not bother turning out. That's effectively a vote for no.

Even bothers me slightly that a lot of the people who claim to be a definite yes might not bother turning up. I know we're expecting a high turnout but just have this nagging feeling.