Issue with Missing Loyalty Points for Netherlands Match - Need Advice - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Issue with Missing Loyalty Points for Netherlands Match - Need Advice

Hi all, 

I’m reaching out to see if anyone else has experienced a similar issue and could offer some advice. Here’s my situation:

I attended the Scotland vs. Netherlands match in Amsterdam on March 22, 2024. I collected my away ticket in person from the SSC officials at the stadium, providing my passport for identification. Despite this, the SFA are saying that the Dutch FA records show that my ticket was not scanned, and I haven’t received my loyalty points.

I’ve provided the following evidence to the SFA:

1. Flight Confirmation: Showing my travel to Amsterdam.
  2. Collected Match Ticket: A photo of the ticket I collected.
  3. Credit Card Statement: Showing purchases made in Amsterdam, including two at the stadium.

Despite this, the SFA maintains that without the Dutch FA’s scan logs showing my ticket being scanned, they can’t award the points.

Has anyone else faced this issue of tickets not being scanned or had trouble getting points despite providing evidence of attendance? If so, how did you resolve it? Any advice on additional steps I could take or other forms of evidence that might help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Seems like enough justification for the SFA to apply common sense and give you the point.

Did you ticket get scanned at the staduim and/or can you remember any reason why it wouldn't of?

50 minutes ago, YesTA said:

Seems like enough justification for the SFA to apply common sense and give you the point.

Did you ticket get scanned at the staduim and/or can you remember any reason why it wouldn't of?

Mods!!

1 hour ago, YesTA said:

It's two points as well! I am really shocked at how unsupportive they have been. 

And on the scanning, I really cannot be sure now. I don't remember at all. I got in, so one would assume that it would have been scanned correctly. Unless one of the security people was waving folk through to keep the flow going. This happened when I was in Germany. 

Anyway, I am gonna ask the Dutch FA if they could help somehow. 

But alas, I do not see this turning out in my favour. 

2 hours ago, FrightenedRabbit said:

Hi all, 

I’m reaching out to see if anyone else has experienced a similar issue and could offer some advice. Here’s my situation:

I attended the Scotland vs. Netherlands match in Amsterdam on March 22, 2024. I collected my away ticket in person from the SSC officials at the stadium, providing my passport for identification. Despite this, the SFA are saying that the Dutch FA records show that my ticket was not scanned, and I haven’t received my loyalty points.

I’ve provided the following evidence to the SFA:

1. Flight Confirmation: Showing my travel to Amsterdam.
  2. Collected Match Ticket: A photo of the ticket I collected.
  3. Credit Card Statement: Showing purchases made in Amsterdam, including two at the stadium.

Despite this, the SFA maintains that without the Dutch FA’s scan logs showing my ticket being scanned, they can’t award the points.

Has anyone else faced this issue of tickets not being scanned or had trouble getting points despite providing evidence of attendance? If so, how did you resolve it? Any advice on additional steps I could take or other forms of evidence that might help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Your point 3 is the cherry on the top of justifying and providing evidence in my opinion. I’d keep pushing it with them and escalate as necessary. 

If I was in a similar situation and they expected me just to accept it, I’d be going ballistic at them. 

2 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Your point 3 is the cherry on the top of justifying and providing evidence in my opinion. I’d keep pushing it with them and escalate as necessary. 

If I was in a similar situation and they expected me just to accept it, I’d be going ballistic at them. 

I've written to the Dutch FA asking if they would support my evidence. Let's see if that helps. 

I cannot believe the SSC are denying it. It's farcical. 

Will keep you posted on outcomes. 

3 hours ago, FrightenedRabbit said:

I've written to the Dutch FA asking if they would support my evidence. Let's see if that helps. 

I cannot believe the SSC are denying it. It's farcical. 

Will keep you posted on outcomes. 

I’m not sure what the Dutch FA will do tbh.  If they’ve provided a database extract that (incorrectly) doesn’t show your ticket as scanned then there’s not much more to it from them? 

Unless you’re seeking them to validate that the payment lines on your bank statement are 100% from concessions within the stadium. 

Heard a few stories of folk who made stadium but were refused their points.

Yet I know of tickets that never left Scotland got their points.

I think they just make it up as they go along.

Just my opinion, but the SSC are trying their best with very little resource.

We asked them their plans for last 16 tickets and they said they couldn't look at it as they had the Scottish Cup final to do first.

Obviously we didn't qualify but it makes you wonder how prepared they were as our southern neighbours association could follow their team all the way to the final. But we didn't have that option.

😮

Edited by GroundsKeeper

3 hours ago, GroundsKeeper said:

Heard a few stories of folk who made stadium but were refused their points.

Yet I know of tickets that never left Scotland got their points.

I think they just make it up as they go along.

Just my opinion, but the SSC are trying their best with very little resource.

We asked them their plans for last 16 tickets and they said they couldn't look at it as they had the Scottish Cup final to do first.

Obviously we didn't qualify but it makes you wonder how prepared they were as our southern neighbours association could follow their team all the way to the final. But we didn't have that option.

😮

They probably already knew we wouldn't get through. Part of the deal to let us play in the next EUROs.