Euro 2024 General discussion of tournament & teams' progress - Page 31 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2024 General discussion of tournament & teams' progress

exile

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

This. Absolutely shocking decision to even have the ref look at the monitor, let alone give it.

Still trying to puzzle out how that was a clear and obvious error that needed to checked. And then to add insult to injury, Dumfries gets booked 

England whining about the ref. has obviously had an effect.

The corner where Dumfries hit the bar... the England defender clears the ball and then crashes into the Dutch player.  Penalty surely?  Isn't that how the game's being refereed?  What happens after the event surely denotes whether or not it's a penalty?  Fkin scandalous.  Kane's a diving bstrd.  Got up quick enough though.

Got the sound off.  Couldn't take any more of McCoist's arse-kissing.

40 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

This. Absolutely shocking decision to even have the ref look at the monitor, let alone give it.

This is the ref they were gurning about because he was once involved in match fixing. Hmmmm.🧐 

The only thing I can say is that 1-1 at this stage isn't an unfair reflection of the game so far. In fact, England probably deserve to be winning. This is the best they've played all tournament.

1 minute ago, Mazda said:

spoiled by the penalty decision , no doubt Kane making the most of it

but the Dutch are not a great team 

England were incredibly lucky to even get to the quarter-finals, let alone the final. That was their best performance in the tournament and they still didn't look great - required one of the worst penalty decisions to get level and played an Dutch side who were underwhelming tonight.

Spain have been on a different level to anyone else in this tournament - with the possible exception of Germany (who they knocked out). Hopefully they haven't worn themselves out from what's been a difficult path to the final.

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Mccoist is a boot licking sack of shite

👍

6 minutes ago, Mazda said:

spoiled by the penalty decision , no doubt Kane making the most of it

but the Dutch are not a great team 

To be fair to the England players, most of them didn't make a fuss about it. I always go by the reaction of players, so for me that's very telling.

England were the better team. It wasn't a vintage Dutch team they were playing and the result is probably a fair one, but the officiating we saw tonight was questionable to say the least.

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

You know what I am gonna say 😁

No panic. They are not beating Spain. Their wee faces will be a picture. Again. 

Probably 😉 but we’re in the final. Disgraceful penalty decision that went for us but I’ll take it all day long as would you. And on the bright side you have interest to the final, again 😉

Just now, Nobby said:

Probably 😉 but we’re in the final. Disgraceful penalty decision that went for us but I’ll take it all day long as would you. And on the bright side you have interest to the final, again 😉

Hello Nobby , good to hear from you ! 
Aye, will brighten up a Sunday night thats for sure , will need to give Songs of Praise a miss this week 😁

Can you get your wee boy Jack to bed he is spoiling our ‘ffs ‘ party 😉