A9 Average Speed Cameras - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A9 Average Speed Cameras

Only Perth - Forfar with no cameras, and there's usually at least one camera van in that section.

Anyone getting done by a static GATSO camera is an idiot and deserves a ticket for being one.

There's very rarely camera vans on the A90 at the weekends.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the speed limit on the single sections of the A9 go down to 60 mph? I never knew that. I just assumed it was 70 all the way. Must have been going too fast to see the signs. :blink:

It'll have National Speed Limit signs (white with black diagonal line). Which means 60mph on single carriageway and 70mph on dual.

@SHED

I think it's actually 79 they're set at, so to actually get caught you have to be pretty seriously careless.

really? assmed they would be set at 70. i know normal ones are generally set slightly higher than the limit but i assumed average ones were much closer to the speed limit.

It'll have National Speed Limit signs (white with black diagonal line). Which means 60mph on single carriageway and 70mph on dual.

Every day's a school day.

I will never criticize road sings in other countries again. Why don't they just have 60 signs when it's 60 and 70 signs when it's 70? Using these black and white signs is like saying "There is a speed limit on this road but we are going to make you guess what it is". The folk who run this country are fukin mental.

Every day's a school day.

I will never criticize road sings in other countries again. Why don't they just have 60 signs when it's 60 and 70 signs when it's 70? Using these black and white signs is like saying "There is a speed limit on this road but we are going to make you guess what it is". The folk who run this country are fukin mental.

What i find "mental" is that a motorist doesn't know that. It's basic knowledge that i'd expect even non-drivers to know.

What i find "mental" is that a motorist doesn't know that. It's basic knowledge that i'd expect even non-drivers to know.

By that logic they could just stick these black and white signs everywhere and just expect folk to know what the speed limit is. In fact they could just do away with the signs altogether. I don't think it's a good idea to have one sign meaning more than one thing depending on where it is. Why don't they just put up 60mph signs instead?

By that logic they could just stick these black and white signs everywhere and just expect folk to know what the speed limit is.

"Everywhere"? Nah, they'll just stick them up in National Speed Limit areas and folk have to know what basic road traffic signs mean.

I agree it'd be simpler to have 60 and 70 signs but that doesn't excuse motorists not knowing what this sign means.

"Everywhere"? Nah, they'll just stick them up in National Speed Limit areas and folk have to know what basic road traffic signs mean.

I agree it'd be simpler to have 60 and 70 signs but that doesn't excuse motorists not knowing what this sign means.

Folk should also know that is it 30mph in a built up area (unless otherwise stated) so why do we need 30mph signs?

Define: "built up area".

Lots of hooses.

I am guessing the highway code has been updated since I passed my test.

The speedo on my first car didn't work so I judged my speed by the lampposts whizzing past. When they became a bit of a blur I knew I was going too fast. I used the same principle to tell if I was too drunk. That was in the days when drink driving was still socially acceptable. Well, it was where I lived anyway.

Folk should also know that is it 30mph in a built up area (unless otherwise stated) so why do we need 30mph signs?

Are you serious? You're trying to excuse your ignorance with garbage arguments like that? :lol:

I'm honestly amazed that people don't know the national speed limit for single and dual carriageways. Regardless of how easy it would be to stick 60/70 signs up instead, you should know the national speed limits or you shouldn't have a license.

I suppose it comes down to when you passed your test. I am pretty sure that when I passed my test ( a wee while ago) the speed limit was either 30 or 70 unless there are signs saying otherwise. I assume some roads have been downgraded to 60 at some point. Nae idea when that happened. Nobody told me.

Are you serious? You're trying to excuse your ignorance with garbage arguments like that? :lol:

I have never tried to excuse my ignorance on anything. Ignorance is generally the normal state of affairs. Everybody is ignorant about most things. On this occasion you just happened to know something that I didn't. Thank you for spreading your wisdom.

Imagine how much money we could save if we didn't need speed limit signs. Just tell folk to read the highway code and they should know what the speed limit is on every road that they drive on.