Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 33 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and two of my mates fancy hitting a local dancing. Hopefully meet a few of the local lady's. We're the best place to go on a Friday in the city centre and please no bam ups ??

Copper face jacks is the answer.

Not sure what "bam up" means

but suggestions are:

Flannerys , Copper Face Jacks , The Dean , McSoreleys , The Mercantile , D2 , The Black Door , 37 Dawson Street (thats the address on Name of Bar)

All depends on what age group your looking for?

Hello my friend many thanks for the advice you have given on here would just like to ask how far is Denmark St to trinity collage staying there on the Sunday night as mates go back Sunday but lam staying till the Monday the other hotel was wanting quite a bit for a single room so got a good price there for the Sunday kind regards where's the pies

CopperFace Jacks was spot on as was the nightclub at the Harcourt Hotel.

Residents at the Harcourt get free access so worthwhile selecting a mates room number :D

Pretty sure this is where we stayed both times we were over for the Carling cup, brilliant club/pub type place in the hotel with outside beer garden etc. Drink was cheap (compared to elsewhere in Dublin) and we barely left all weekend.

My mate kept dropping pints and several bouncers went to turf him out, he showed them his room key for the hotel upstairs and they just shook their head and let him get on with it! :-)) Full of student girls too if thats what your after.

Not sure what "bam up" means

but suggestions are:

Flannerys , Copper Face Jacks , The Dean , McSoreleys , The Mercantile , D2 , The Black Door , 37 Dawson Street (thats the address on Name of Bar)

All depends on what age group your looking for?

Flannery's and Coppers are definately decent for that I would say you would struggle to get into 37 dawson st with a kilt on though would you agree?

What is the name of the dancers of a lap nature over from mercantile?

Lapellos is the lap dance club across from the Mercantile!

Regarding 37 Dawson St it might be a bit hard to get with a kilt but you shouldn't be too bad.

By and large bars and clubs in Dublin are far more relaxed with who they let in compared with the UK (from my own experience)

Lapellos thats it could not remember cheers.

Yeh I lived in Dublin for a year only moved away in April always found dawson street area more for the southsiders :wink2:

Lapellos thats it could not remember cheers.

Yeh I lived in Dublin for a year only moved away in April always found dawson street area more for the southsiders :wink2:

Aye, we don't like to mix with you wildings north of the wall, sorry, river.

my recommendation for home tickets if you need would be to try and get west lower in the corner near the South terrace, that's where your official allocation will be"

Any idea which Block number this is?

Edited by DaveChiel

I think i can remember earlier in this thread some people were talking about a place called 'the canal' or something along those lines. It was mentioned that it was a good place for a drink if the weather is nice, seeming as we to get some not bad weather then wouldn't mind going here maybe, what street is it on? Thanks

I think i can remember earlier in this thread some people were talking about a place called 'the canal' or something along those lines. It was mentioned that it was a good place for a drink if the weather is nice, seeming as we to get some not bad weather then wouldn't mind going here maybe, what street is it on? Thanks

This place... https://www.facebook.com/thebargeinn

Good choice of pub!

Wannabes! :P

My mate is from swords we never seem to get into 37 Dawson street. I once went to cafe insane(en seine) but that was on a date so got in no bother but would not go back.

I lived in Drumcondra I liked it up there proper boozers Quinns,Fagans etc.