Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 23 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

Thinking about booking Dublin City University. Looks about half way between airport and city centre. Any idea how much a taxi would cost back at night ? Would it be okay to stay here or too far away ? Late in booking flights and any decent/cheap digs are now all gone. Cheers.

cab would be about 20-25 eur

Theres pubs out near the university but nothing like the city

Accomodation wud be fine - but i would advise you to book nearer to / or in the city as thats where the craic will be.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about booking Dublin City University. Looks about half way between airport and city centre. Any idea how much a taxi would cost back at night ? Would it be okay to stay here or too far away ? Late in booking flights and any decent/cheap digs are now all gone. Cheers.

At night taxi won't be to bad I got taxi from copper face jacks to airport before flying to Germany for game in October and was about 22. Say taxi to dcu be about 15-20 euro. Few mates of mine were late at booking for the weekend and are staying out there as anything in nearer the city centre was expensive compared to the usual prices

Like your going to spend majority of the time in the city anyway so may take the cheapest option for a bed IMO as only going to spend few hours in the place

Edited by Donegal-lad

Thanks for that Donegal__lad. May re_think about that. As you say, would be spending most of our time in the city and not our bed. Will speak to my mate.

Thanks for that Donegal__lad. May re_think about that. As you say, would be spending most of our time in the city and not our bed. Will speak to my mate.

Cant disagree with anything Donegal_lad says mate.....but to put it in context....for the game in glasgow btwn us ....i stayed in a hotel out in Glasgow airport.....due to me and the lads not getting around till sorting our accomodation till late and everything in glasgow city was booked out.

The airport is about 15 mins in a cab to glasgow centre similar to dcu and dublin city....while staying in the airport was grand ...i wud have much preferred to stay in glasgow city as it wud have been much handier .... and i think the same will apply for you and your mates if ye are deciding btwn DCU and the city

As I have already said I would much prefer to be in the city but as a last resort might have to think about a wee bit further out due to the cost. Thanks to both of you for your help. Much appreciated guys.

Are there some small (touristic) villages not far away from Dublin and easily reachable? Thanks.

Swords is certainly easily reachable, North of Dublin near the airport.

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/227/Dublin-Airport-North-Swords-hotel

160Euro for 2 nights stay Friday/Sat. Seems reasonable going by costs others are paying.

Edited by sjc1987

Probably get back to College St from Harold Cross Greyhounds at 11pm on the Friday night. Are there any pubs round about that'll let 8 guys in at that time without the usual bouncer nonsense we get in Scotland