Jump to content
andreimack

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

In Seville at present, why don’t Spanish people stay in the house and have sex instead of having it in restaurants, bars and buses. Everywhere is like a school fecking disco! 

What, there’s folk fingering their burd next to the Tuc Shop ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youtubers, particularly this youtuber fight on sly box office.

Maybe I am just getting older but what the feck is a youtuber and what makes them box office material? Does this kind of crap interest the younger generation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Youtubers, particularly this youtuber fight on sly box office.

Maybe I am just getting older but what the feck is a youtuber and what makes them box office material? Does this kind of crap interest the younger generation?

Its definitely an age thing. I have Sky, Amazon and Netflix. Have 3 laddies of 18, 15 and 13. They all have access to watching any of those options in their rooms. Without doubt if I walked in their rooms and they were watching something it would be You Tube. I think its to do with attention span. A lot of the YT stuff is short bites of maybe 10 mins or so. I don't think kids want to commit/watch even a 42 min TV programme nowadays. Actually I will take that back a bit....my 18 year does watch more "TV" nowadays, films and programmes. Younger two are still very much favouring YT though.

In amongst the multitude of pish I am sure there is some decent content on YT but a lot of if is very much home made "presenters" just waffling a lot of pish. Its like an audio version of the TAMB.

The boy KSI who is one of those "fighting" used to make FIFA videos for YT. It basically involved him shouting and screaming and swearing uncontrollably at the camera. Kids seemed to like it. No idea why. Its brain numbing stuff. But then he's the millionaire so who is the stupid one?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Its definitely an age thing. I have Sky, Amazon and Netflix. Have 3 laddies of 18, 15 and 13. They all have access to watching any of those options in their rooms. Without doubt if I walked in their rooms and they were watching something it would be You Tube. I think its to do with attention span. A lot of the YT stuff is short bites of maybe 10 mins or so. I don't think kids want to commit/watch even a 42 min TV programme nowadays. Actually I will take that back a bit....my 18 year does watch more "TV" nowadays, films and programmes. Younger two are still very much favouring YT though.

In amongst the multitude of pish I am sure there is some decent content on YT but a lot of if is very much home made "presenters" just waffling a lot of pish. Its like an audio version of the TAMB.

The boy KSI who is one of those "fighting" used to make FIFA videos for YT. It basically involved him shouting and screaming and swearing uncontrollably at the camera. Kids seemed to like it. No idea why. Its brain numbing stuff. But then he's the millionaire so who is the stupid one?

Can you imagine that? 😄

Or a video version, complete with football replay commentaries, explanation of team formations, models of the solar system, flags and banners in the background, assorted missuses (and misters) in the background, favourite drinks, .... etc. 

Edited by exile
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Its definitely an age thing. I have Sky, Amazon and Netflix. Have 3 laddies of 18, 15 and 13. They all have access to watching any of those options in their rooms. Without doubt if I walked in their rooms and they were watching something it would be You Tube. I think its to do with attention span. A lot of the YT stuff is short bites of maybe 10 mins or so. I don't think kids want to commit/watch even a 42 min TV programme nowadays. Actually I will take that back a bit....my 18 year does watch more "TV" nowadays, films and programmes. Younger two are still very much favouring YT though.

In amongst the multitude of pish I am sure there is some decent content on YT but a lot of if is very much home made "presenters" just waffling a lot of pish. Its like an audio version of the TAMB.

The boy KSI who is one of those "fighting" used to make FIFA videos for YT. It basically involved him shouting and screaming and swearing uncontrollably at the camera. Kids seemed to like it. No idea why. Its brain numbing stuff. But then he's the millionaire so who is the stupid one?

I don't even consider myself to be that old, I am 37. My nephew watches people playing GTA on his ipad. Watching other people play games seems like borderline insanity not entertainment to me. 

the new generation scare me 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't even consider myself to be that old, I am 37. My nephew watches people playing GTA on his ipad. Watching other people play games seems like borderline insanity not entertainment to me. 

the new generation scare me 😂

To be fair, older folk, (like yourself;)), spend a lot of time watching other folk playing football when you could be playing it yourself. Each new generation seems to get lazier than the previous one. Life is just too easy for youngsters nowadays.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

To be fair, older folk, (like yourself;)), spend a lot of time watching other folk playing football when you could be playing it yourself. Each new generation seems to get lazier than the previous one. Life is just too easy for youngsters nowadays.

 

I did play football, I would rather play than watch and to be honest I don't watch a lot of it nowadays because its more like a circus..........thats another argument. If my knees weren't fecked I would probably still play, maybe not very well but I'd still try 😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Its definitely an age thing. I have Sky, Amazon and Netflix. Have 3 laddies of 18, 15 and 13. They all have access to watching any of those options in their rooms. Without doubt if I walked in their rooms and they were watching something it would be You Tube. I think its to do with attention span. A lot of the YT stuff is short bites of maybe 10 mins or so. I don't think kids want to commit/watch even a 42 min TV programme nowadays. Actually I will take that back a bit....my 18 year does watch more "TV" nowadays, films and programmes. Younger two are still very much favouring YT though.

In amongst the multitude of pish I am sure there is some decent content on YT but a lot of if is very much home made "presenters" just waffling a lot of pish. Its like an audio version of the TAMB.

The boy KSI who is one of those "fighting" used to make FIFA videos for YT. It basically involved him shouting and screaming and swearing uncontrollably at the camera. Kids seemed to like it. No idea why. Its brain numbing stuff. But then he's the millionaire so who is the stupid one?

So how come that Killie fan isn't a millionaire? (Forget his name...)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, daviebee said:

So how come that Killie fan isn't a millionaire? (Forget his name...)  

Hahaha, Gordon Sawyer? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't even consider myself to be that old, I am 37. My nephew watches people playing GTA on his ipad. Watching other people play games seems like borderline insanity not entertainment to me. 

the new generation scare me 😂

Lots of kids now watch other kids playing games. Part because of those playing's personality, and I use that in the loosest possible sense of the word, and part because they are good at it.

One of my kids showed me a gamer called Nick on a streaming service one night. He was watching him. So were a couple of thousand other kids watching this guy play FIFA. He was Canadian (I think) and swore a lot. Throughout the stream he was getting donations and "subscriptions", basically kids donating a $ or 2 here or there, sometimes more. And what did they get from it?? Well Nick would give them a "shoutout". This isn't even 15 mins of fame, its 15 seconds...."Thanks very much for the donation BillyBob, I really appreciate that". And the kid has just had his name shouted out to a couple of thousand other kids and gets some kudos because Nick said his name. Honestly the money churning in was nuts. And some were doing it frequently.....Thanks very much Englebert, 14 months subscription in a row, really appreciate those $5....

My mates laddie isn't a big personality but hes really good at Fortnite. He's 15. He streams on YouTube I think. He's making about £750 a month from kids giving him money. My mate said he heard a noise from his bedroom one day, went through and his laddie had jumped out the window of, thankfully, their ground floor house. He asked him what he was doing....."Someone just paid me £25 to jump out the window". So he did it. He has a fleece/hoody that he wears when streaming...someone has sponsored it. He is just small scale but is still making decent money for a school kid sitting on his arse playing games. The ones at the top of the tree are coining it in, like Nick. The ones at the very top have used their "fame" to go into other things.....such as PPV boxing matches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Lots of kids now watch other kids playing games. Part because of those playing's personality, and I use that in the loosest possible sense of the word, and part because they are good at it.

One of my kids showed me a gamer called Nick on a streaming service one night. He was watching him. So were a couple of thousand other kids watching this guy play FIFA. He was Canadian (I think) and swore a lot. Throughout the stream he was getting donations and "subscriptions", basically kids donating a $ or 2 here or there, sometimes more. And what did they get from it?? Well Nick would give them a "shoutout". This isn't even 15 mins of fame, its 15 seconds...."Thanks very much for the donation BillyBob, I really appreciate that". And the kid has just had his name shouted out to a couple of thousand other kids and gets some kudos because Nick said his name. Honestly the money churning in was nuts. And some were doing it frequently.....Thanks very much Englebert, 14 months subscription in a row, really appreciate those $5....

My mates laddie isn't a big personality but hes really good at Fortnite. He's 15. He streams on YouTube I think. He's making about £750 a month from kids giving him money. My mate said he heard a noise from his bedroom one day, went through and his laddie had jumped out the window of, thankfully, their ground floor house. He asked him what he was doing....."Someone just paid me £25 to jump out the window". So he did it. He has a fleece/hoody that he wears when streaming...someone has sponsored it. He is just small scale but is still making decent money for a school kid sitting on his arse playing games. The ones at the top of the tree are coining it in, like Nick. The ones at the very top have used their "fame" to go into other things.....such as PPV boxing matches. 

Jesus, is there a market for a mid to late 30's man screaming at James Forrest in a Scotland shirt? If so I will be a multi millionaire after the next two matches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Jesus, is there a market for a mid to late 30's man screaming at James Forrest in a Scotland shirt? If so I will be a multi millionaire after the next two matches

Have you ever heard of Arsenal Fans TV? I have seen a couple of bits of it. Just some boy ranting about wanting Wenger out when he was manager, possibly now wanting Emery out.

My middle lad likes Arsenal so we went to the Newcastle Arsenal game at start of the season. We were walking up to the game and he says to me "There's xyz, the boy from from Arsenal Fan TV". 

I have no idea if this guy has made anything out of it but he is certainly well known and a "personality". Again previous description applies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As DB says, YouTubers are mainly twats, but Id broaden it to social media people in general.

Id go as far as to cull anyone who labels themselves as a social influencer, a bunch of unbelievably overpaid cunts, living pathetically 'perfect' lives where every inch of their persona is photoshopped to make other her people jealous.

I know a lassie who is on facebook nonstop, posting pictures and updates constantly, who gives a fuck, its just tedious utter shit. Taking a million selfies and posting several a day, to what avail.

When I become dictator of Scotland, Im putting an end to all of this utter pish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, kumnio said:

As DB says, YouTubers are mainly twats, but Id broaden it to social media people in general.

Id go as far as to cull anyone who labels themselves as a social influencer, a bunch of unbelievably overpaid cunts, living pathetically 'perfect' lives where every inch of their persona is photoshopped to make other her people jealous.

I know a lassie who is on facebook nonstop, posting pictures and updates constantly, who gives a fuck, its just tedious utter shit. Taking a million selfies and posting several a day, to what avail.

When I become dictator of Scotland, Im putting an end to all of this utter pish.

You've got my vote.:ok:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kumnio said:

As DB says, YouTubers are mainly twats, but Id broaden it to social media people in general.

Id go as far as to cull anyone who labels themselves as a social influencer, a bunch of unbelievably overpaid cunts, living pathetically 'perfect' lives where every inch of their persona is photoshopped to make other her people jealous.

I know a lassie who is on facebook nonstop, posting pictures and updates constantly, who gives a fuck, its just tedious utter shit. Taking a million selfies and posting several a day, to what avail.

When I become dictator of Scotland, Im putting an end to all of this utter pish.

Kumnio, what will happen to Craig Levein and the City of Aberdeen when you become mighty dictator of Alba ?

Anyone on twitter who has for example 25,000 tweets and only 12 friends probably should seek professional help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Craig Levein will become head of my newly founded Department of Evolution, looking into ways of evolving things that don't work, into ways that they work even less, aka 4-6-0, He will run the department with an iron fist, but refuse any blame when he fails. The triangle wheel was his greatest invention.

Aberdeen wont exist any more, well not in its current state anyway. After Scotland is towed to the Caribbean, this ensures World Cup qualification, good weather and no more midgies. Unfortunately Aberdeen decided to be attached to England so they can still vote Tory. We were offered land in return for Aberdeen, but refused, insisting that they keep Alan Brazil, Michelle Moan and every Lib Dem cunt instead.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Craig Levein will become head of my newly founded Department of Evolution, looking into ways of evolving things that don't work, into ways that they work even less, aka 4-6-0, He will run the department with an iron fist, but refuse any blame when he fails. The triangle wheel was his greatest invention.

Aberdeen wont exist any more, well not in its current state anyway. After Scotland is towed to the Caribbean, this ensures World Cup qualification, good weather and no more midgies. Unfortunately Aberdeen decided to be attached to England so they can still vote Tory. We were offered land in return for Aberdeen, but refused, insisting that they keep Alan Brazil, Michelle Moan and every Lib Dem cunt instead.

😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kumnio said:

As DB says, YouTubers are mainly twats, but Id broaden it to social media people in general.

Id go as far as to cull anyone who labels themselves as a social influencer, a bunch of unbelievably overpaid cunts, living pathetically 'perfect' lives where every inch of their persona is photoshopped to make other her people jealous.

I know a lassie who is on facebook nonstop, posting pictures and updates constantly, who gives a fuck, its just tedious utter shit. Taking a million selfies and posting several a day, to what avail.

When I become dictator of Scotland, Im putting an end to all of this utter pish.

I”d go along with that. Anything after the ZX Spectrum has confused the fuck out me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't even consider myself to be that old, I am 37. My nephew watches people playing GTA on his ipad. Watching other people play games seems like borderline insanity not entertainment to me. 

the new generation scare me 😂

My boy is the same. Glued to YouTube watching fortnite, whilst playing fortnite, whilst video calling his pals, about fortnite 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Have you ever heard of Arsenal Fans TV? I have seen a couple of bits of it. Just some boy ranting about wanting Wenger out when he was manager, possibly now wanting Emery out.

My middle lad likes Arsenal so we went to the Newcastle Arsenal game at start of the season. We were walking up to the game and he says to me "There's xyz, the boy from from Arsenal Fan TV". 

I have no idea if this guy has made anything out of it but he is certainly well known and a "personality". Again previous description applies.

 

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

As DB says, YouTubers are mainly twats, but Id broaden it to social media people in general.

Id go as far as to cull anyone who labels themselves as a social influencer, a bunch of unbelievably overpaid cunts, living pathetically 'perfect' lives where every inch of their persona is photoshopped to make other her people jealous.

I know a lassie who is on facebook nonstop, posting pictures and updates constantly, who gives a fuck, its just tedious utter shit. Taking a million selfies and posting several a day, to what avail.

When I become dictator of Scotland, Im putting an end to all of this utter pish.

 

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

I”d go along with that. Anything after the ZX Spectrum has confused the fuck out me. 

 

34 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

My boy is the same. Glued to YouTube watching fortnite, whilst playing fortnite, whilst video calling his pals, about fortnite 🤣

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/10296007/fortnite-faze-jarvis-house-hollywood-la-video/

 

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone with a decent audience can make money online.

If you say have shares in Brewdog ( i know some folk here do) it's the exact same phenomenom as folk subscribing to a youtube or twitch stream, it's just different packaging. Humans are still humans even if the flavour changes each generation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...