The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 48 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

That’s mad Friday. Hate that day, it’s when my work is going out this year 😡

We called it Black Friday in St. John’s Toun. Painters are usually known as the scummy cunts of the building trade and the two companies I worked for when younger always lived up to that billing. It was like a Royal Rumble between us all with the old guys always the ones that would be scrapping first amongst themselves. 🙈

Edited by Ormond

22 minutes ago, Ormond said:

We called it Black Friday in St. John’s Toun. Painters are usually known as the scummy cunts of the building trade and the two companies I worked for when younger always lived up to that billing. It was like a Royal Rumble between us all with the old guys always the ones that would be scrapping first amongst themselves. 🙈

I’d add in plumbers, jiners, brickies, plasterers into that. 

Infact everyone on a building site, apart from the glorious sparks 🙌🏽

2 hours ago, phart said:

This is perhaps the most biased piece of work i can remember in a long time, and it's about the banal topic of who pays for dates.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-46164568

This woman sounds a lot more fun.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine/the-sunday-times-magazine/sex-and-dating-in-2018-what-do-men-really-find-attractive-in-women-p2hgmgj79

The way certain BBC football commentators always call certain favoured (usually foreign) players (whose little cocks they would clearly like to have in their mouths) by both their surname and first name every damn time during the game while most other players just get the normal surname only treatment. Two prime and infuriating examples are Dah-veed Cunting Silva and Mohammed (or Mo) Fucking Salah. I have to turn them down... it starts to get on my tits so bad. Wankers.

Edited by thplinth

21 hours ago, phart said:

Have to pay to read that.

You get 2 free articles every week (or maybe every 2 weeks ) with The Times if you register .

I wouldnt however waste one of your articles on this, you are a bit too smart for dating trivia 🙂

I did find her funny right enough. 

People who sit in the aisle seat of the train, when a train is clearly filling up and people needing to find seats; presumably hoping to gain the advantage that they will be the last to be asked to let someone sit down, and inconveniencing everyone else, including making people (including infirm people and families with kids) walk further and further up the train in search of seats.

It can't be an innate preference for an aisle seat because you never see people doing that when a train is half empty or less. Only when there are already enough people to fill at least one seat in every pair, and they presumably want to be the last person to have anyone else sit next to them. 

So they make you have to ask to sit at the seat they're blocking, they rarely move over, as if pretending they really have to have the aisle seat, even if you have to make them stand up to sit down, and then get them to stand up again to get out again.

One trick is to ask to sit at the 'blocked' seat even when other seats are free. The look of irritated puzzlement (as if to say, why pick on me?) is almost worth the hassle.     

35 minutes ago, exile said:

People who sit in the aisle seat of the train, when a train is clearly filling up and people needing to find seats; presumably hoping to gain the advantage that they will be the last to be asked to let someone sit down, and inconveniencing everyone else, including making people (including infirm people and families with kids) walk further and further up the train in search of seats.

It can't be an innate preference for an aisle seat because you never see people doing that when a train is half empty or less. Only when there are already enough people to fill at least one seat in every pair, and they presumably want to be the last person to have anyone else sit next to them. 

So they make you have to ask to sit at the seat they're blocking, they rarely move over, as if pretending they really have to have the aisle seat, even if you have to make them stand up to sit down, and then get them to stand up again to get out again.

One trick is to ask to sit at the 'blocked' seat even when other seats are free. The look of irritated puzzlement (as if to say, why pick on me?) is almost worth the hassle.     

Alternatively the heating might be on

In the older carriages it was fucking awful - especially when it wasn't that cold

Sitting in at the window seat had you sweating like a National winner by the time you got to central

34 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Alternatively the heating might be on

In the older carriages it was fucking awful - especially when it wasn't that cold

Sitting in at the window seat had you sweating like a National winner by the time you got to central

Hmm, could be, but I don't recall seeing trains where there are plenty of empty seats, and people choosing to sit in the aisle seat.   

12 hours ago, exile said:

😂 I always sit in the aisle seat, usually because i have umpteen poly bags and I am the second stop off the train. It is a bloody hassle getting them off and squeezing past someone. Particularly if they also have poly bags.  

I have no problem shifting for someone though I am no doing it to be a greedy bassa and get 2 of  scotrails  finest upholstery. 

The best tact to get left in peace is to leave a hanky on the seat next to you. I sat on a seat which was next to a seat with a white paper tissue on it. The train was heaving , folk squashed in the aisles, and not one person moved the hanky or sat on it . 

Getting woke up by a txt message in the early of the morning. Instant panic, there must be something wrong, only to find out it's a message from your mobile provider, bank or credit card company to make you an offer of some sort or a reminder that your bill is due in a week. Happened this morning at 5.15am. Do these f....rs not realise what time of day it is?

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 I always sit in the aisle seat, usually because i have umpteen poly bags and I am the second stop off the train. It is a bloody hassle getting them off and squeezing past someone. Particularly if they also have poly bags.  

I have no problem shifting for someone though I am no doing it to be a greedy bassa and get 2 of  scotrails  finest upholstery. 

The best tact to get left in peace is to leave a hanky on the seat next to you. I sat on a seat which was next to a seat with a white paper tissue on it. The train was heaving , folk squashed in the aisles, and not one person moved the hanky or sat on it . 

The threat of biological warfare to get 2 seats to yourself!

:shocked:

10 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Woman who wait in line, and then, when the cashier asks for the money, they then start rummaging through their purse. Your in line, take yir finger oot yir arse and have the money or debit card ready. There are impatient feckers like Big Ramy right behind you. 🙂

This is why banks are closing down local branches and replacing them with a single big central branch with machines that you can pay in money, cheques et al instantly 

The machines refuse to speak to women ergo few queues....

13 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Taking up 2 people's seats with bags is a different issue, someone else can complain about. 😉

But anyway, do you do that if the train is empty? 

On the other hand, if the train is really busy, and people need a seat and the only seat is the window seat next to you, then what do you do? 

I am on the Greggs warpath again 😡😡

They have shut one of their shops in Argyle St so the other one is queued out the door at 7.45am. All I want is a buttered scone and canny get served for all the folk wanting the cheap hot roll/ coffee offer.

When I eventually get served by one of their ‘ baristas ‘ they ask ‘sit in or takeaway ?’ Who the fook buys just a scone and sits in ? Scones are worse than monster munch for clinging to your gums. They would chase me out the door if I produced a flask of hot tea from one of my many poly bags.