The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 47 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Folk who eat crisps in meetings while people are talking. Happened today at work. Crumpling the crisp bag, crunching the crisps while I'm trying to speak. GTF with your crisps!! 😡

Just out of interest what flavour where they ? Personally I like pickled onion 

9 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Folk who eat crisps in meetings while people are talking. Happened today at work. Crumpling the crisp bag, crunching the crisps while I'm trying to speak. GTF with your crisps!! 😡

Who the fuck eats “potato chips” in a meeting.

:lol:

Crazy yanks!

I’m a crispaholic and even I wouldn't do that.

On a similar note, folk who don’t appear to know how to mute there phone on a conference call (yes, I’m super important, I do conference calls... 😛 ).

A few of my colleagues make all sorts of noises, eat their lunch, slurp juice... not to mention the general background noise and their only contribution is “nothing from me” at end. Just press mute ya weirdo!

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Crazy yanks!

On a similar note, folk who don’t appear to know how to mute there phone on a conference call (yes, I’m super important, I do conference calls... 😛 ).

A few of my colleagues make all sorts of noises, eat their lunch, slurp juice... not to mention the general background noise and their only contribution is “nothing from me” at end. Just press mute ya weirdo!

An arsehole mate. I kept looking over at him. I gave him the " I am gonnae shove those crisps up your arse" look. He couldnae have cared less. Ramy no happy. 🤣

6 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

Just out of interest what flavour where they ? Personally I like pickled onion 

No idea mate. I was too busy staring him down to notice. 🤣. I know they were Doritos though. Fucking smell anaw. Who does that in a meeting? Was hoping he would choke. I hate that. I am very big on manners. 

58 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Folk that do not have snow tires. It's snowing like fuck here in Ottawa and the bamsticks are all over the roads. 😵

Snow tires are for pussies

Man up and learn to drive ;)

I would imagine yourself and @Ormond have them. 

Edited by dandydunn

50 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Snow tires are for pussies

Man up and learn to drive ;)

I would imagine yourself and @Ormond have them. 

Big man. I have always only had all season tires, I don't need winter tires. I am like Jackie Stewart, I'm a brilliant driver in the winter and snow. It's all the other arseholes on the road that think they can drive. Fucking sliding everywhere wae that stupit look on their face. ARSEHOLES..🤣

18 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

This meeting was it in the canteen..... At lunch time :P

+ There's something about the acoustics of crisps on trains. Like somehow someone could be just a couple of feet in front of or behind you, you can't see them and hadn't even noticed they existed, until crunch crunch crunch!  Especially if you are hungry, on a train where maybe you have not had lunch, or no cash, or the buffet/shop has run out of anything suitable, and you don't even maybe want crisps, but crunch crunch crunch! can get to you.  

34 minutes ago, exile said:

+ There's something about the acoustics of crisps on trains. Like somehow someone could be just a couple of feet in front of or behind you, you can't see them and hadn't even noticed they existed, until crunch crunch crunch!  Especially if you are hungry, on a train where maybe you have not had lunch, or no cash, or the buffet/shop has run out of anything suitable, and you don't even maybe want crisps, but crunch crunch crunch! can get to you.  

A couple of weeks ago there was a guy sitting opposite me on the train with a dish of falafel in some sort of oil. Everytime he finished a piece he pushed his thumb and index fingers into his mouth and, very loudly,  sucked off the oil. I honestly thought i was going to be sick. Give me a crisp chomper any day.

And another thing. It's maybe been done before but they're still at it: Black Friday. WTF.  I thought it would have died off by now but some are still at it. 

Like all the worst of premature "Christmas" advertising in November but with all the added irrelevance of Blackness and Fridayness. Not buying it, nope .

18 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

A couple of weeks ago there was a guy sitting opposite me on the train with a dish of falafel in some sort of oil. Everytime he finished a piece he pushed his thumb and index fingers into his mouth and, very loudly,  sucked off the oil. I honestly thought i was going to be sick. Give me a crisp chomper any day.

That's the problem, though. Crisp chompers can be "any day". At least your oil-sucking antagonist is presumably only a rare, rarefied exotic experience ? 

1 minute ago, exile said:

That's the problem, though. Crisp chompers can be "any day". At least your oil-sucking antagonist is presumably only a rare, rarefied exotic experience ? 

It is the most exotic experience I have had on the Paisley train since the day a jakey family produced a tray of Ferrero Rocher and a large bottle of WKD , with 4 straws. 

19 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

It is the most exotic experience I have had on the Paisley train since the day a jakey family produced a tray of Ferrero Rocher and a large bottle of WKD , with 4 straws. 

😄 [I was going to add a reaction but just found out there is a limit to the number of reactions per day?! I never came across this before. I must be undemonstrative usually. Well, there was a Scotland match in the last 24 hours!]

2 minutes ago, exile said:

😄 [I was going to add a reaction but just found out there is a limit to the number of reactions per day?! I never came across this before. I must be undemonstrative usually. Well, there was a Scotland match in the last 24 hours!]

Yes, it seems mean to restrict the positive sentiment enojis when  no restrictions are placed on the ‘ we were fckn honkin ‘ reaction 🙄 

On 11/16/2018 at 12:24 PM, sbcmfc said:

Crazy yanks!

That's up there with people who take their phones in to meetings but don't have them on silent.  The phone rings, they answer it and let the person tell them what they want and then reply "Can I call you back later, I'm in a meeting".  DON'T ANSWER THE FUCKING PHONE IF YOU'RE IN A MEETING THEN YOU IGNORAMUS!!! :banghead: 

On 11/18/2018 at 11:01 PM, exile said:

And another thing. It's maybe been done before but they're still at it: Black Friday. WTF.  I thought it would have died off by now but some are still at it. 

Like all the worst of premature "Christmas" advertising in November but with all the added irrelevance of Blackness and Fridayness. Not buying it, nope .

This!

Wasnt it just an American thing about 5-10 years ago?

6 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

This!

Wasnt it just an American thing about 5-10 years ago?

Seems to be, but everything we do is getting Americanised. On the plus side, there’s a Black Friday sale starting tomorrow at the Paul Laurie golf centre, would be rude not to check it out :)