The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 32 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

16 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

never seen anyone bag like that - then again i normally just havea small shop there as well 

Think They've Been Suckered has it right. You put it back in basket / trolley then bag it on the shelf behind you, that usually runs along the window. Suppose it maybe different when quieter. 

Yeah it's been that way in all the ALDI's i've been in, think that is 3 of them.

Although some folk might just pack at the till and be oblivious to the greater workings of the world,I also see that a lot.

There is no need to work on it. There is negative correlation between speed and efficiency as everyone knows. I try and do my task correctly as possible as opposed to as quickly as possible.

Unless it's posting on here then it's whatever amuses me.

On 04/06/2017 at 6:15 PM, Ormond said:

Aberdonians are like that in general. Especially in being slow to the bar.

Not all of us are. 

I'm often told I'm far too generous when I'm out. 

By my wife. 

When I get home. 

After I left with 200 notes in my wallet in the morning :lol:

@Admin6

This just appeared when I went to post new content, complete coincidence that I started the other thread, but exactly the problem I'm talking about.

Edited by dandydunn

On 6/23/2017 at 10:12 AM, Och Aye said:

Think They've Been Suckered has it right. You put it back in basket / trolley then bag it on the shelf behind you, that usually runs along the window. Suppose it maybe different when quieter. 

That's just creating double work. I think you lot need to be subjected to a time in motion study.;) I can't see how putting a tin of beans into a trolley is any quicker than putting it into a bag. You should have your bags open ready for filling, of course. But there is plenty of time to do that when you are waiting in the queue.

You lot are just trying to invent your own system. If that was how it's meant to work then there would be instructions at the checkout telling you to do that.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:52 AM, Parklife said:

You lads need to work on your bag-packing efficiency. :lol: 

If they are incapable of putting things into bags then they are probably the same sort of folk who fumble about trying to pay. They have notes in one place then fumble about trying find coins which they always drop on the floor, expecting younger more agile folk like us to pick them up for them. Or they type the wrong PIN 3 times because they have forgotten that they are not trying to operate their house entry system. "Have you never heard of "contactless" ya auld duffer?"

Hollyrood for Holyrood, every fecker says it now, MSPs, MPs and journalists. 

People who pack their bags at the counter in LAldis, especially feckers who think they're fast packers. They're not, they're just pains in the arses who have their heads in their bags trying to put tins away but the bread is there getting squashed so they're trying to move it all around. And of course they don't have their wallet out, it's jammed in their back pocket and they wiggle away trying to reach it then faff about in it trying to find correct card then a wee laugh with checkout person and try to involve me whilst I just stare and pray that one day I'll be poisoned by gamma rays or whatever that'll give me the power to shoot deathly rays out my eyes and kill these slow arsed feckers.

Oh and low slung jeans on any man not built like a skeleton with a thin skin covering. Young guys who think just because they're young they can get away with them, you can't you pot bellied fat arsed eedjits.

People who just moan all the time.  

On 2017-6-24 at 3:05 PM, Orraloon said:

If they are incapable of putting things into bags then they are probably the same sort of folk who fumble about trying to pay. They have notes in one place then fumble about trying find coins which they always drop on the floor, expecting younger more agile folk like us to pick them up for them. Or they type the wrong PIN 3 times because they have forgotten that they are not trying to operate their house entry system. "Have you never heard of "contactless" ya auld duffer?"

I thought you Yanks enslaved pensioners to pack your shopping at checkouts.

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I think G-Man means your directed your post at the wrong poster!  Ormond is our resident (adopted) Septic, not Orraloon (hence "Wrong O").

Yes but my post wasn't very clear and should probably have ended with a question mark.

That said anything that makes someone post a wee bit of Shawshank Redemption is worth it. 

C unts that make personal phone calls on buses, trains and in work are some of the worst people in the world. Also, folk that wear trainers for walking to work and then change into shoes when they reach their work place should be taken to a remote location, shot and their bodies disposed of.

20 minutes ago, Mox said:

C unts that make personal phone calls on buses, trains and in work are some of the worst people in the world. Also, folk that wear trainers for walking to work and then change into shoes when they reach their work place should be taken to a remote location, shot and their bodies disposed of.

I had to do this after i damaged my toe post marathon.

Felt like that girl in Game of Thrones who has the old woman walking behind her shouting 'shame'.

2 hours ago, Mox said:

Also, folk that wear trainers for walking to work and then change into shoes when they reach their work place should be taken to a remote location, shot and their bodies disposed of.

Does this apply to men only or to women as well? Only asking, cos if I wore my 4 inch heels to walk to and from my nearest train station (20 mins in each direction), I'd be crippled by blisters - and likely ruin the shoes - so I wear trainers and change into my nice shoes when I get to work.:spin:

2 hours ago, Mox said:

Also, folk that wear trainers for walking to work and then change into shoes when they reach their work place should be taken to a remote location, shot and their bodies disposed of.

Why? :lol:

6 minutes ago, jenblueeyes said:

Does this apply to men only or to women as well? Only asking, cos if I wore my 4 inch heels to walk to and from my nearest train station (20 mins in each direction), I'd be crippled by blisters - and likely ruin the shoes - so I wear trainers and change into my nice shoes when I get to work.:spin:

You wear 4 inch heels ? To work ? :lol:

2 hours ago, Mox said:

wtf

I've got to wear safety shoes at work. A walk of any distance or driving in them is crap. So trainers to work and then change into the safety footwear. :huh:

or are you talking about office folk in a suit sporting a pair of new balance gutties on the train?

21 minutes ago, Big Col said:

wtf

I've got to wear safety shoes at work. A walk of any distance or driving in them is crap. So trainers to work and then change into the safety footwear. :huh:

or are you talking about office folk in a suit sporting a pair of new balance gutties on the train?

Spot on. Big white chunky trainers that David Cameron and yer da think are cutting edge and a suit.

Edited by Mox

31 minutes ago, jenblueeyes said:

Applies to all, no excuses.

Guest flumax
2 hours ago, Mox said:

C unts that make personal phone calls on buses, trains and in work are some of the worst people in the world. 

Seconded