Jump to content
andreimack

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Aye sbcmfc has been Weegiefied. Anything North of Stirling is a “Fuck knows whit accent ‘at is” :P

:lol:

”at” instead of “that” is a Greenock/Port Glasgow thing, “th” disappears somewhere  on the M8 west of glasgow airport.

See, I do know about accents.

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

:lol:

”at” instead of “that” is a Greenock/Port Glasgow thing, “th” disappears somewhere  on the M8 west of glasgow airport.

See, I do know about accents.

:P

There used to be a guy from Port Glasgow who used to post on here and we could’ve asked him. Alas, we’ll never know now....:whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ormond said:

There used to be a guy from Port Glasgow who used to post on here and we could’ve asked him. Alas, we’ll never know now....:whistling:

I was born and bred in Greenock fell in Love with a Port Glasgow burd, stay there now. I work in Glasgow, get it tight from my colleagues because of some of the things i say and pronounce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2018 at 10:03 AM, sbcmfc said:

I agree about letting them run around restaurants, unless of course it’s that kind of establishment, but if they’re crying/acting up it’s probably worse for the parents, they not only have to try and deal with it, but also whilst getting dirty looks from the likes of yourself and thinking they’re a bad parent.

ironically people criticise folk for handing them tablets to sit in front of too, which are great for keeping them quiet in their seat.

Personally I go for the compromise of having the tablet in the bag for later on when they start getting bored/restless.

Its maybe not the ones that are trying to deal with it its the ones who dont give a fuck and just let theyre horrible wee rat children run amok, scream and shout etc and do nothing about it!

On 23/01/2018 at 11:05 AM, sbcmfc said:

More on airports, not sure why people need to have their toes and trolleys touching the luggage carousel? If you stand a couple of yards back, you can step forward when you see your luggage, makes things a lot easier for everyone.

Perhaps there could be some sort of airport etiquette certificate required to get a passport? As I’m sure a large proportion of the stress associated with travelling is caused by people turning into ignorant selfish animals the minute they set foot inside an airport.

Always said this about the carousel, theres no need to be right at it. Its bad enough with suitcases etc, but worse when it  comes to ski bags which are twice the size and people get upset when you push them out the way or smack them with it, own fault for being cocks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the deal with when you phone for a supper and ask for salt n' sauce and they give you a wee tub of room temperature chippy sauce. If I wanted to put cold sauce on my hot supper then I'd buy a bottle of chippy sauce and ask for just salt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

What's the deal with when you phone for a supper and ask for salt n' sauce and they give you a wee tub of room temperature chippy sauce. If I wanted to put cold sauce on my hot supper then I'd buy a bottle of chippy sauce and ask for just salt 

Do the chippers round your way heat up the sauce before putting it on your supper? That's just weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Orraloon said:

Do the chippers round your way heat up the sauce before putting it on your supper? That's just weird.

Naw but by the time you've got it up the road it's acclimitzed with your supper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2018 at 6:21 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

What's the deal with when you phone for a supper and ask for salt n' sauce and they give you a wee tub of room temperature chippy sauce. If I wanted to put cold sauce on my hot supper then I'd buy a bottle of chippy sauce and ask for just salt 

still dont get salt and sauce

On 12/03/2018 at 7:25 PM, Orraloon said:

Do the chippers round your way heat up the sauce before putting it on your supper? That's just weird.

its a chippy

 

on the same subject, if you went into a chippy and asked for a "single sausage" what would you expect to get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kirk said:

still dont get salt and sauce

on the same subject, if you went into a chippy and asked for a "single sausage" what would you expect to get?

People who put pure vinegar on a supper haven't had a proper supper. One of the best things about a chippy and one way to tell a good one from a bad one is it's batter, if you put vinegar on a supper then you bastardise the batter. Making decent chippy batter is a fine art

If you ask for a single sausage then you get 2 big ones or 3 ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salt and sauce is fucking disgusting, I got it by accident once, completely ruined my fish supper.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd put HP sauce on chips in the house anytime, but out in real life it's got to be salt & vinegar.  You just have to sook up the vinegar on deep fried soggy chips after a night on the sauce!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kirk said:

still dont get salt and sauce

its a chippy

 

on the same subject, if you went into a chippy and asked for a "single sausage" what would you expect to get?

In the chippers round my way you get 2 sausages, nae chips. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Salt and sauce is fucking disgusting, I got it by accident once, completely ruined my fish supper.

 

I still don't know what "sauce" is

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

In the chippers round my way you get 2 sausages, nae chips. 

Aye that's what I see it as, some places just hit ye with one sausage and that's it.

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

People who put pure vinegar on a supper haven't had a proper supper. One of the best things about a chippy and one way to tell a good one from a bad one is it's batter, if you put vinegar on a supper then you bastardise the batter. Making decent chippy batter is a fine art

If you ask for a single sausage then you get 2 big ones or 3 ones

What is sauce though? I like.vinegar on my chippy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had sauce a couple of times it's like broon sauce watered down with vinegar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Asked my Mrs about the salt n sauce on a fish supper thing, as she’s from Edinburgh. She says, “I’m from Corstorphine darling. Tartare sauce.”

I’m from Corstorphine a’naw and she’s talking pish! 😆

 

(was she a Barbeque girl or St.John’s?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Aye but she’s far the nicer bit :P. Royal High.

I’m no talking schools -  I’m meaning what chippy did she go to!! 🤣

The Barbeque always has the reputation but St. John’s for me everytime 👍🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I’m no talking schools -  I’m meaning what chippy did she go to!! 🤣

The Barbeque always has the reputation but St. John’s for me everytime 👍🏼

Barbecue girl apparently.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

I’m no talking schools -  I’m meaning what chippy did she go to!! 🤣

The Barbeque always has the reputation but St. John’s for me everytime 👍🏼

A boy from my work says the best supper is a single fish from the barbecue and the chips from the St. John's fry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DoonTheSlope said:

A boy from my work says the best supper is a single fish from the barbecue and the chips from the St. John's fry

St. John’s shut doon a couple of months ago. 

Barbeque was never a favourite of mine but often has queues right outside the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

St. John’s shut doon a couple of months ago. 

Barbeque was never a favourite of mine but often has queues right outside the door.

Used to see the queu coming back from away games. Never tried either but the barbecue always seemed to have the better reputation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kids without any alcohol or gambling sponsorship on them. Supposedly it would encourage youngsters to take an interest and makes drinking and gambling look more attractive. What a load of utter shite

When I was wee I never once wore my Hibs top and begged my parents to buy me a six-pack of Carlsberg, much the same way I never once wore my 94-96 candy stripe away top asked for a Calor gas heater!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×