The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 59 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

7 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Its my wedding anniversary today. 36 years married. This is the card I got 😡

He said:

‘ i bought it on Saturday and was writing it last night. I thought ‘ i have heard that phrase before.  Then i remembered ’ ‘fuck . it was the No sides strapline in the Independence referendum. I didn’t have time to get another card so just altered it . ‘ 

We had better get a win tonight or this could go down as the worst anniversary ever. 

IMG_9537.thumb.jpeg.07d92df04978892cc2f592759035b0c9.jpeg

😂

I can't believe he didn’t chance it with "I got this for a laugh"! Is he often a bit too honest? Maybe that's a good sign 😊 Happy Anniversary! 🥂

19 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

😂

I can't believe he didn’t chance it with "I got this for a laugh"! Is he often a bit too honest? Maybe that's a good sign 😊 Happy Anniversary! 🥂

😂,  thank you ❤️

He absolutely hates politics so I know he genuinely would have  forgotten about the ‘better together’ slogan being political. He probably weighed up his options in a mad panic and felt the ‘joke ‘ suggestion  could have backfired had I been in a ‘mood’ 😆 

51 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂,  thank you ❤️

He absolutely hates politics so I know he genuinely would have  forgotten about the ‘better together’ slogan being political. He probably weighed up his options in a mad panic and felt the ‘joke ‘ suggestion  could have backfired had I been in a ‘mood’ 😆 

Ha 'mood' no idea what that is 🙃

Well that's enviable he can step back from the crap world of politics. I feel like phrases such as 'better together', 'once in a generation' and 'that's democracy for you' are etched into my soul! 

47 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Ha 'mood' no idea what that is 🙃

Well that's enviable he can step back from the crap world of politics. I feel like phrases such as 'better together', 'once in a generation' and 'that's democracy for you' are etched into my soul! 

Oh , do not associate  ‘ he hates politics’ with ‘taking a step back’ . He thinks they are ALL crooks . Infact he could have his very own ‘Get it off your chest ‘ thread dedicated to the crookiness of all them crooks. 

I know what you mean about certain phrases. I get a shiver when I see ‘Better Together ‘ written anywhere . However I console myself with the fact it must be worse for the other side, lets be honest, its pretty hard to avoid ‘YES’ 😆

I think the thought that us having a vote now and then for various representatives is the comfort blanket we’re expected to cling to . 
50crates explained it’s just a confidence trick . Try and disagree. 
I worry the Euros won’t happen too