The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 58 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

• 1 year later...

I was lying in bed yesterday morning and noticed some wee insects had been squashed on the roller blinds, they must get caught when the blind is down then get squashed when it is rolled up. I asked Mr Tidy if he could clean them off .

Later that day they were still there so I reminded him. A short time later I was in the shower and he came in the bathroom and pulled the shower door open. It came as quite a surprise as he usually comes nowhere near the bathroom till the shower has stopped for at least 10 minutes and he knows I am safely covered  up in my dressing gown.

He pulls a basin into the shower and says ‘ shove over , I need to fill this’ .

‘What for ‘ I asked . 

‘To clean the insects off the blind’, he said.

I am standing there shivering like a drookit rat so I said ‘ can you not fill it in the kitchen’ .
‘No he says ‘ you have bleach in the sink’ .

I said ‘ well can you not empty the bleach, or use the wash handbasin, as I pointed over to the sink’ . Then I remembered there is no  hot water in the bathroom sink. The hot water was coming through the cold tap  and also the toilet flush  and instead of getting a plumber he just switched off the hot water . This was 6 months ago.

🤬👱‍♂️🪓

Meh. This hasn’t really resolved anything but I feel a bit better now. 

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I was lying in bed yesterday morning and noticed some wee insects had been squashed on the roller blinds, they must get caught when the blind is down then get squashed when it is rolled up. I asked Mr Tidy if he could clean them off .

Later that day they were still there so I reminded him. A short time later I was in the shower and he came in the bathroom and pulled the shower door open. It came as quite a surprise as he usually comes nowhere near the bathroom till the shower has stopped for at least 10 minutes and he knows I am safely covered  up in my dressing gown.

He pulls a basin into the shower and says ‘ shove over , I need to fill this’ .

‘What for ‘ I asked . 

‘To clean the insects off the blind’, he said.

I am standing there shivering like a drookit rat so I said ‘ can you not fill it in the kitchen’ .
‘No he says ‘ you have bleach in the sink’ .

I said ‘ well can you not empty the bleach, or use the wash handbasin, as I pointed over to the sink’ . Then I remembered there is no  hot water in the bathroom sink. The hot water was coming through the cold tap  and also the toilet flush  and instead of getting a plumber he just switched off the hot water . This was 6 months ago.

🤬👱‍♂️🪓

Meh. This hasn’t really resolved anything but I feel a bit better now. 

Well there goes this theory 😆

If a man says he will fix something, he will fix it. You don't need to  remind him every 6 months. | Reminders Ecard

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Later that day they were still there so I reminded him.

Right on behalf of men the world over why not just clean it yourself. Surely after the second nag it would have been quicker.

Have you and your husband got this weird couple thing going where jobs are allocated based on your sex? Or maybe I should say gender. So changing tyres, wrestling bears out the swimming pool and lighting the BBQ are down to you and he cleans the blinds?

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Right on behalf of men the world over why not just clean it yourself. Surely after the second nag it would have been quicker.

Have you and your husband got this weird couple thing going where jobs are allocated based on your sex? Or maybe I should say gender. So changing tyres, wrestling bears out the swimming pool and lighting the BBQ are down to you and he cleans the blinds?

😂

Aye, we do allocate jobs based on gender and since he is at least 6 inches taller than me he has to deal with any chores above 6 foot in height. Or mice. Particularly the mice who climb up the curtains onto the rail.  
The insects were right at the top of the blind, he managed to flick a couple off but some were stubbornly clinging on . 

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂

Aye, we do allocate jobs based on gender and since he is at least 6 inches taller than me he has to deal with any chores above 6 foot in height. Or mice. Particularly the mice who climb up the curtains onto the rail.  
The insects were right at the top of the blind, he managed to flick a couple off but some were stubbornly clinging on . 

3 blinds mice? 😁

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nearly burnt the house down with one of these.

One of the mirrors fell off and I had glued it back on and left it sitting on the desk....

51d3KvJwdAL.jpg

...a little while later I was sitting there using my PC and suddenly I notice there are wisps of smoke coming out the machine and an acrid plastic burning smell. Assumed it was shorting out somehow and switched it off. Still smoking!

The low morning sun had caught the mirror and was melting a sizeable hole (about the size of penny) through the plastic housing of the desktop. Found it just before it started melting the components inside.

The frightening thing is if that had been on fabric or a couch I am pretty sure it would have caught alight.

I guess it was on the 3X magnifying side and acted like a magnifying glass. Really dangerous household item! 😃

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, exile said:

Black Friday, can f--- off, and all UK retailers who perpetuate the travesty.

Aye, crank the price for a few weeks to 75% higher than it normally sells for……. probably sell no items at this price……. then take 30% off this price to give a rockin’ Black Friday deal. Faking a deal for Black Friday…..  send this shit back to Yankee land.

10 minutes ago, C2405 said:

Those Gala Bingo adverts during The Chase really rip my knitting 

😂 are you watching it just now? 

worst advert at the moment has to be the advert for some tv where the customers and sales person start crying. It’s so bad I can’t even remember the brand its so awful. 

• 3 months later...

Its my wedding anniversary today. 36 years married. This is the card I got 😡

He said:

‘ i bought it on Saturday and was writing it last night. I thought ‘ i have heard that phrase before.  Then i remembered ’ ‘fuck . it was the No sides strapline in the Independence referendum. I didn’t have time to get another card so just altered it . ‘ 

We had better get a win tonight or this could go down as the worst anniversary ever. 

IMG_9537.thumb.jpeg.07d92df04978892cc2f592759035b0c9.jpeg

Adverts

Mainly adverts on Youtube or in game adverts

The Youtube adverts actually make me determined not to buy anything i see if the opportunity came up

And as for the in game adverts - i take it that they are not under the same legal obligations as other adverts as some are just downright lies 

They even had Kate Beckinsale in one - her career must be over

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Adverts

Mainly adverts on Youtube or in game adverts

The Youtube adverts actually make me determined not to buy anything i see if the opportunity came up

And as for the in game adverts - i take it that they are not under the same legal obligations as other adverts as some are just downright lies 

They even had Kate Beckinsale in one - her career must be over

Never heard of flight mode naw?

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Are you following me around the board after i pwned you on the England shirt thread ?😂

Following you? Don’t flatter yourself. If I was going to follow someone I’d follow someone a bit more interesting than you

Owned I presume. If that’s your patter then crack on