The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 55 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

47 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

What is this sensor that everyone is talking about? 

The flick part on the mirror?

I think they are 2 different things. The knob actually moves the mirror, the sensor I think is supposed to dim the glare automatically but mine doesnt work.  

Just now, Orraloon said:

Sparky? Manual work????? Stretching it now, bud.

I wanted tae kill one last week. 25 years I’ve had those bastirts ripping intae surfaces thinking guys like me will fix the mess. 25 years they’ve been correct tae. 😫

For goodness sake get your man to stand behind your enormous luxury car shining a bright torch into the vicinity of the rear view mirror and flick the damn switch. This has gone on long enough. And why are your eyes immune to the brightness when it is reflected in the rear mirror? Your sensor thing probably is working but the switch is the nuclear option.

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

For goodness sake get your man to stand behind your enormous luxury car shining a bright torch into the vicinity of the rear view mirror and flick the damn switch. This has gone on long enough. And why are your eyes immune to the brightness when it is reflected in the rear mirror? Your sensor thing probably is working but the switch is the nuclear option.

You need to watch about being in the vicinity of a luxury car these days. There you are, innocently attempting to fit a tracker onto the bumper of a Huracan; next thing you know you're being accused of attempted murder for simply doing your job. 

9 minutes ago, thplinth said:

We were going to try that last night but we had a power cut and needed the torch for that. We were also forced to talk to each other as my phone was out of charge and he couldnt watch A Place In the Sun. 

He was raging that I am getting all this information on here. The  only thing he has left to impress me with is when he walks by the kitchen window outside and I am inside, he crouches lower and lower, pretending he is going down a flight of stairs. That makes me laugh. 

My eyes are not immune to the brightness in the rear view, it is bloody blinding me, but it has only started recently with these new bulbs. Old bulbs were fine. I will test the torch thing later when he comes home.

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Is yours electrified?

The sensors are . The knob isn't. 

Technology. In auto dimming mirror technology, a forward-looking sensor detects low ambient light from headlights behind the car and directs the rear-view sensor to look for glare. ... The technology is called electrochromics, which applies electricity in order to tint glass through a low-voltage powersupply.

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

We were going to try that last night but we had a power cut and needed the torch for that. We were also forced to talk to each other as my phone was out of charge and he couldnt watch A Place In the Sun. 

He was raging that I am getting all this information on here. The  only thing he has left to impress me with is when he walks by the kitchen window outside and I am inside, he crouches lower and lower, pretending he is going down a flight of stairs. That makes me laugh. 

My eyes are not immune to the brightness in the rear view, it is bloody blinding me, but it has only started recently with these new bulbs. Old bulbs were fine. I will test the torch thing later when he comes home.

Aye on the basis of this thread there is probably a set of stairs down into the basement you have not noticed for 30 years. He is like... why does she always piss herself when I go down to the basement...

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Aye on the basis of this thread there is probably a set of stairs down into the basement you have not noticed for 30 years. He is like... why does she always piss herself when I go down to the basement...

Me and Mr Tidy.

558DB406-E690-4F6C-BD6D-15C85059927B.jpeg

22 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

This shoes and no sock thing the young lads are doing these days. Accompanied with half mast drain pipe breaks. Totally unacceptable. Any son of mine pulled that shite they’d be out the house. 

Jim Beem and friend circa 1978.

36B73A82-2698-467E-B3A1-DA66E4A83E21.jpeg

4 hours ago, WCTA said:

Is that the opposite of Dandy who is a manual one?

🤔

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Sparky? Manual work????? Stretching it now, bud.

Not on these night shifts I’m not. Just taking it easy and having discussions with friends on here........

4 hours ago, WCTA said:

I wanted tae kill one last week. 25 years I’ve had those bastirts ripping intae surfaces thinking guys like me will fix the mess. 25 years they’ve been correct tae. 😫

Know your role you weasly little painter, if you’d stuck in at school, you could’ve been one of us 😉

#kingsofthejungle

#wedowhatwewant

Folk that let their dog go haywire. I bring my wee laddie "Wallace", well he is 40lbs now, 16 weeks old. Go to a walk in the woods by my house. He just had his last shots today, so he is fine now, but he is still a pup. Keep hold of your fucking dog folk. My wee laddie gets nervous, wont be the same when he is 80lbs full grown. 

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Folk that let their dog go haywire. I bring my wee laddie "Wallace", well he is 40lbs now, 16 weeks old. Go to a walk in the woods by my house. He just had his last shots today, so he is fine now, but he is still a pup. Keep hold of your fucking dog folk. My wee laddie gets nervous, wont be the same when he is 80lbs full grown. 

Who’s going to control him when he’s 80lbs? He’ll drag your wee frame a’ o’er the place!