The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 53 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

4 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Tomatoes aye but not apples and oranges 👍

The best temp to store apples is 3 to 7 Celsius. So fridge is ideal but they take up a lot of room and, if you are eating 5 a day, you will get through them quick enough for room temp storage to be perfectly adequate. Bananas turn black in the fridge. 

18 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The best temp to store apples is 3 to 7 Celsius. So fridge is ideal but they take up a lot of room and, if you are eating 5 a day, you will get through them quick enough for room temp storage to be perfectly adequate. Bananas turn black in the fridge. 

The only apples I put in the fridge come in a can that has strongbow printed on the side 😁

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😚 I am probably a bit addicted to fruity type sweets like wine gums, jelly tots, skittles etc. I am probably the only person that still eats polo fruits.

With you all the way up until polo fruits as I haven’t seen them in years and they’re not chewy enough. Fizzy cola bottles top the list for me.

Actually, do you still get the cherry fizzy cola bottles? Used to spend my lunch money on a massive bag of them at least once a week!

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Depends on the temp of your room. Ideal tomato temp is about 15C. 

18C my thermostat is set to. My tomatoes are braw at that temp. I also grow heaps of Roma tomatoes in my garden  that I juice up into sauces which I freeze into batches. The outside temp can be 35C in their optimum growing months. 

20 hours ago, phart said:

Imperial mints in a bowl as well for my gran, on her wee walker tray thing she has to get about, which she walks about without using then i say to her should use it, so she goes it's a once off. A conversation we've had a thousand times.

The one person I don't even try and win arguments with as it's pointless, i only have a watered down version of stubborness compared to her.

Speaking of mint eating Grans. Are Pan Drops still a thing ? 

1 hour ago, wee-toon-red said:

With you all the way up until polo fruits as I haven’t seen them in years and they’re not chewy enough. Fizzy cola bottles top the list for me.

Actually, do you still get the cherry fizzy cola bottles? Used to spend my lunch money on a massive bag of them at least once a week!

I forgot about fizzy cola bottles! They are going on the list when I can free up some room in the drawer. Should be possible to get through a fair bit tonight as its a Friday. 
I dont like cherries so I am not sure if cherry fizzy cola bottles are still around. 

27 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

The Fry’s Cream ( old school) and the buttons should absolutely be in the fridge. Cant believe what I’m reading here to be honest. 😳

I cant fit the chocolate in the fridge for all my wine. I will give you Buttons in the fridge but no way twix’s should be there. Makes the toffee too hard and brittle. I am more a connoisseur of fruity sweeties right enough.    

32 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Speaking of mint eating Grans. Are Pan Drops still a thing ? 

No idea but I had a pan drop eating gran. I would rummage in her handbag when I was desperate for sweets and find the odd one amongst her hankies. Sometimes part of the hanky was sticking to it but I didnt care, I was a wee fat sweetie fiend. 

Another thing that is pissing me off is the brightness of car headlights. Wtf is going on with them. 
I need to drive on a poorly lit country(ish ) road home and it has been really awful this year. I am getting practically blinded by both the cars coming towards me , and those behind me. 
I initially thought folk were driving with full beam on but it is happening too often for it to be that. It is bloody dangerous when you come round a bend, in particular . 

Does anyone know if headlights are getting brighter ?