The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 52 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

3 hours ago, phart said:

I had a Great Dream last night where i got to heckle Tony Blair for fucking ages about everything he done while he tried to make a case why people should listen to him.

It would be nice to think that last night, Tony Blair had a nightmare where we was constantly trying to make a case for why people should listen to him, but being heckled by someone for fucking ages!

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2020 at 7:39 PM, WCTA said:

Pink, yellow or other stupid luminous colours on footwear. Especially guys stoating aboot boozers wae flashy blinding trainers. Lassies or bairns can manage it better but grown men can chase themselves. 🙈

Like these?

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://cms-cdn.thesolesupplier.co.uk/2017/12/adidas-Quesence-Grey-CQ2131-04.png&imgrefurl=https://thesolesupplier.co.uk/release-dates/adidas/adidas-quesence-grey-cq2131/&tbnid=xiZ0DmS_CVbewM&vet=1&docid=JzTuhGb9Hpyw0M&w=800&h=450&q=adidas+quesence&hl=en_GB&source=sh/x/im

https://www.adidas.co.uk/marathonx5923-shoes/G27857.html

The price of sweeties at the cinema .

Was at the cinema this week . Wtf,  £3.50 for a bag of Maynards wine gums ! I could have bought a real bottle of wine for that price which might have made the film a bit more enjoyable. 
 It put Mr Tidy in a bad mood. He was delighted he had saved 50% of his budget on a meerkat ‘meal and movie’ deal , only for me to spoil it by insisting on a bag of sweets. 

He said ‘Why didnt you bring  some of the shite you have in that drawer at home ‘ ! 

My sweetie drawer ..

3FD8B5FD-0F34-4BB5-9B21-95C47CA2C4CC.jpeg

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Was at the cinema this week . Wtf,  £3.50 for a bag of Maynards wine gums ! I could have bought a real bottle of wine for that price which might have made the film a bit more enjoyable. 
 It put Mr Tidy in a bad mood. He was delighted he had saved 50% of his budget on a meerkat ‘meal and movie’ deal , only for me to spoil it by insisting on a bag of sweets. 

He said ‘Why didnt you bring  some of the shite you have in that drawer at home ‘ ! 

My sweetie drawer ..

Aye that does my tits in a’naw! 😡

£11 for me and Mrs McTeeko to go see Bad Boys last week and £12 for two tubs of popcorn. I was daft enough to buy them too. 

My gran has a sweetie drawer but talks about never eating sweets even though i do her shopping so know exactly how much sweets she eats, anyone that comes into the house is then accused of "laying into them" Them being a variety of, Wispa's/tunnocks tea cakes/sherbert lemons/treacle toffes/caramels/ chocolate minirolls and packets of skips (not a sweetie).

If you notice she is eating sweets and point it out she just needs to get "some moisture in my mouth, it's awfy dry son, i dinnae normally eat sweets, your dad was in laying into them"

Hard to criticise her as she is in her 90's and still sharp and fairly mobile for her age. I've completely over-hauled my diet though so don't eat sweets now. So I can no longer get the blame.

35 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Aye that does my tits in a’naw! 😡

£11 for me and Mrs McTeeko to go see Bad Boys last week and £12 for two tubs of popcorn. I was daft enough to buy them too. 

12 quid for 2 tubs of popcorn ! That is outrageous. Its like eating fluff. I dont go to the cinema often so dont mind splashing out but its a complete rip off. 

36 minutes ago, phart said:

My gran has a sweetie drawer but talks about never eating sweets even though i do her shopping so know exactly how much sweets she eats, anyone that comes into the house is then accused of "laying into them" Them being a variety of, Wispa's/tunnocks tea cakes/sherbert lemons/treacle toffes/caramels/ chocolate minirolls and packets of skips (not a sweetie).

If you notice she is eating sweets and point it out she just needs to get "some moisture in my mouth, it's awfy dry son, i dinnae normally eat sweets, your dad was in laying into them"

Hard to criticise her as she is in her 90's and still sharp and fairly mobile for her age. I've completely over-hauled my diet though so don't eat sweets now. So I can no longer get the blame.

😂 your gran is great. 

If I ever reach  90 , which is highly unlikely, I will just chomp away on whatever teeth i have left , not giving a damn. There are few small pleasures left at that age no matter how sharp or mobile you are. Its great that she is pretending to be good 😂

38 minutes ago, phart said:

My Gran nearly always seemed to have a packet of Fox's Glacier mints in her bag, which nobody but her ever liked. She did however always seem to have one of these in her bag as well which might account for at least one of my missing teeth.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2rY3I1s7QtUXem_36kE-

However Mrs T - that is a serious sweetie drawer. My daughter is a sweet hoarder (she keeps them hidden everywhere - work, car, bedroom - for "emergencies" but even she'd be proud of that stash.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I tried that with Mrs Orm.... sorry, Mrs WCTA and the projector guy told her to quit it as the noise was playing havoc with the camera. 

12 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

My Gran nearly always seemed to have a packet of Fox's Glacier mints in her bag, which nobody but her ever liked. She did however always seem to have one of these in her bag as well which might account for at least one of my missing teeth.

However Mrs T - that is a serious sweetie drawer. My daughter is a sweet hoarder (she keeps them hidden everywhere - work, car, bedroom - for "emergencies" but even she'd be proud of that stash.

Aw man that's a blast from the past, loved a mint cracknel when I was a wean it felt like a really grown up sweetie 😊

33 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 your gran is great. 

If I ever reach  90 , which is highly unlikely, I will just chomp away on whatever teeth i have left , not giving a damn. There are few small pleasures left at that age no matter how sharp or mobile you are. Its great that she is pretending to be good 😂

Exactly , eat what you want to, who am i to say anything when she's still going strong into the 90's.

She's brilliant. I always say i could do a 2 hour comedy routine about all her wee foibles. She was in hospital a few years back and was in for 10 days. I'd be up everyday for visiting and she had the same folk in the ward so i got to know the other family members and we all used to have a laugh. My brother was in with his girlfriend (still with her now and have kid etc but this was earlier in relationship) and my gran has hardly any grey hairs a fact she is proud of, so my brother was sitting going on about how she dyes her hair (to wind her up) and she just goes "Ah Steve, mind son i've washed your wee willie winky, so less of your cheek" Silence apart from my brothers face burning up.

40 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Imperial mints in a bowl as well for my gran, on her wee walker tray thing she has to get about, which she walks about without using then i say to her should use it, so she goes it's a once off. A conversation we've had a thousand times.

The one person I don't even try and win arguments with as it's pointless, i only have a watered down version of stubborness compared to her.

11 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

I only took an ‘arial’ photo, I was too ashamed to show the depth of the drawer. The surface image is bad enough. 
I was never fond of mint cracknel but got a liking for Frys chocolate cream from my grandpa as it was his favourite. I think I got the sweet tooth from my gran and granpa as my mum wasnt that fond of sweets.  
I have a brace in at the moment to sort a squinty tooth and its playing havoc with my sweetie addiction. You cant eat with it in so it is stopping me from grazing. It is probably a good thing but  I just go mad when I get home from work  and gobble up a days supply in 15 mins. 

10 hours ago, phart said:

Exactly , eat what you want to, who am i to say anything when she's still going strong into the 90's.

She's brilliant. I always say i could do a 2 hour comedy routine about all her wee foibles. She was in hospital a few years back and was in for 10 days. I'd be up everyday for visiting and she had the same folk in the ward so i got to know the other family members and we all used to have a laugh. My brother was in with his girlfriend (still with her now and have kid etc but this was earlier in relationship) and my gran has hardly any grey hairs a fact she is proud of, so my brother was sitting going on about how she dyes her hair (to wind her up) and she just goes "Ah Steve, mind son i've washed your wee willie winky, so less of your cheek" Silence apart from my brothers face burning up.

😂 wee willie winky. 

11 hours ago, WCTA said:

I tried that with Mrs Orm.... sorry, Mrs WCTA and the projector guy told her to quit it as the noise was playing havoc with the camera. 

I dont even know what this means which means it must be bad. I have warned you, I will get Pharts gran to wash oot your mooth with carbolic soap . Old folk always have some in a drawer for emergencies. 

16 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

My sweetie drawer ..

Are you addicted to sweeties or just to buying them?!

2 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

Are you addicted to sweeties or just to buying them?!

😚 I am probably a bit addicted to fruity type sweets like wine gums, jelly tots, skittles etc. I am probably the only person that still eats polo fruits.

20 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

My sweetie drawer ..

Bars of chocolate would be in my fridge, I thought that was a thing or am i just weird?