The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 46 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

These sleep in the park events to raise awareness of homelessness. An absolute pile of fucking shite.

Its nothing more than propaganda so politicians, D-list celebrities and those irritating lazy shiftless cunts in the work can get time away from their actual job to put posters up and chase you for your last pound to make themselves feel important and relevant

If any genuine homeless person was to get caught climbing into Princes Street Gardens to get away from any bad bastards and try and get a bit peace any other night of the year they’d get hoyed oot and chased by the polis, but just because some cunt arse singer that hasn’t had a hit for years is going to sing a few songs just to try and get themselves some air time again it’s all fair fucks

Someone I ken is doing it and they get unlimited hot drinks. Get tae fuck! They should be made to walk round Edinburgh( or any other participating city’s) all day to scavage for pennies, fag doubts, auld clais and cardboard like the real homeless folk do

Its nothing more than propagandic pretentious bullshit

9 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

These sleep in the park events to raise awareness of homelessness. An absolute pile of fucking shite.

Its nothing more than propaganda so politicians, D-list celebrities and those irritating lazy shiftless cunts in the work can get time away from their actual job to put posters up and chase you for your last pound to make themselves feel important and relevant

If any genuine homeless person was to get caught climbing into Princes Street Gardens to get away from any bad bastards and try and get a bit peace any other night of the year they’d get hoyed oot and chased by the polis, but just because some cunt arse singer that hasn’t had a hit for years is going to sing a few songs just to try and get themselves some air time again it’s all fair fucks

Someone I ken is doing it and they get unlimited hot drinks. Get tae fuck! They should be made to walk round Edinburgh( or any other participating city’s) all day to scavage for pennies, fag doubts, auld clais and cardboard like the real homeless folk do

Its nothing more than propagandic pretentious bullshit

Rich people virtue signalling to make themselves feel better.

So called new or smart technology that is (still) unreliable or that doesn't work as well as old technology 

How come it's the 21st century, we have digital radios that are fuzzy? How come we still have crap slow internet speeds, everything should be fast! But no.

And unreliable devices that crash or go offline or fail to connect or generally fanny around and don't do what they're supposed to, or expect you to wait and try again later.  

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Sugar tax.

It seems that supermarkets have used it as an excuse to charge you £1.60 for a 500ml bottle of juice in the fridge at the front door. when they’re often selling 2L bottles for about £1 in the main shop.

Robbing gits.

£3.99 for a lukewarm medium sized coke at the Luxe cinema. It drove me to wine and that embarrasing chorus of Fat Bottomed Girls 😕

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Folk who think that they need to drink sugary water. What's wrong with just turning on the tap. It's free (well kinda) and it's much better for you.

I like coke and Irn Bru.

I know they’re not good for me, but I’m not drinking it by the gallon.

Sometimes water just doesn’t cut it.

:lol:

33 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

£3.99 for a lukewarm medium sized coke at the Luxe cinema. It drove me to wine and that embarrasing chorus of Fat Bottomed Girls 😕

How much was the Diet Coke?

Cinemas are just robbing bastards, I take my own stuff most of the time.

I await someone telling us we’ve got a problem if we can’t go 90 minutes without a juice and a bag of revels.

48 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

How much was the Diet Coke?

Cinemas are just robbing bastards, I take my own stuff most of the time.

I await someone telling us we’ve got a problem if we can’t go 90 minutes without a juice and a bag of revels.

Who knows, I would rather go bankrupt than drink diet coke. 

They are in indeed robbing bastards. No wonder they provide reclining chairs they must have folk collapsing at their prices.

Though I draw the line at sneaking in a bottle of Blue Nun . 

18 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I like coke and Irn Bru.

I know they’re not good for me, but I’m not drinking it by the gallon.

Sometimes water just doesn’t cut it.

Aye, maybe not yet, but I can tell that you were tempted by the 2L for a £1 offer. It's only a question of time before you are on a gallon a day. Once your hooked you're hooked. :lol:

Sugar is a s bad as alcohol or drugs.

22 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, maybe not yet, but I can tell that you were tempted by the 2L for a £1 offer. It's only a question of time before you are on a gallon a day. Once your hooked you're hooked. :lol:

I’m put off by the practicalities of drinking out a 2Litre bottle while I’m driving.

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Why do some folk get hooked on sugar and others on alcohol ?   

I love wine and although there are a few nights a week I dont drink I think I would struggle to give it up unless my liver packed up. 

I also love ( full fat ) Coke and Lucozade Sport , but only drink them once or twice a week and never crave them. Unless I am hungover 🙂

My friend tried giving up diet coke but felt physically ill and had terrible headaches so went back on it.  But she can take or leave alcohol. 

What determines your addiction ? 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Why do some folk get hooked on sugar and others on alcohol ?   

I love wine and although there are a few nights a week I dont drink I think I would struggle to give it up unless my liver packed up. 

I also love ( full fat ) Coke and Lucozade Sport , but only drink them once or twice a week and never crave them. Unless I am hungover 🙂

My friend tried giving up diet coke but felt physically ill and had terrible headaches so went back on it.  But she can take or leave alcohol. 

What determines your addiction ? 

You wont read this in any health journal or lifestyle magazine but wine is fucking ace 👍🍷

12 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

You wont read this in any health journal or lifestyle magazine but wine is fucking ace 👍🍷

There MUST  be a slot for us on Gogglebox. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

That could be the caffeine. These drinks contain a lot of caffeine. 

And the wine? 

( Jim Beem asked me to ask you ) 

45 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

And the wine? 

Buckfast is full of caffeine, so steer clear of that and you’ll be fine.

Im addicted to crisps, I love them, all kinds, I’m eating the kids monster munch just now.

They say that’s when you’ve got a problem. I’m stealing from my own kids to feed my addiction!

:shocked: 

Edited by sbcmfc

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Buckfast is full of caffeine, so steer clear of that and you’ll be fine.

Im addicted to crisps, I love them, all kinds, I’m eating the kids monster munch just now.

They say that’s when you’ve got a problem. I’m stealing from my own kids to feed my addiction!

:shocked: 

😂😂, just think how you are saving them from all those nasty E numbers. Go on, have another bag, you know you want it . Have some Sunny Delight as well. 

I love Monster Munch too. But only the pickled onion. Problem is as you get older they stick to your gums and teeth  in a big clump . You actually end up looking like one of the monsters as you try to claw it away with your tongue. 

Have i put you off them yet ? 😬