The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 40 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I supported Rangers as a kid, I now only follow Scotland. 

That makes two of us. Still go to a club game now and then (different clubs) but haven't bothered with "supporting" a club team for 25 year's or more. 

12 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, ending was definitely disappointing. They seemed to be desperate to keep it open for the possibility of the show returning

Michael C Hall is brilliant. I went to see him in Lazarus in London last year too. Despite the bizarre story-line (meant to follow on from the bizarre "Man Who Fell To Earth" movie that Bowie was in in the 70's), Michael C Hall and Bowie's music made it brilliant. 

Yes, it definetely looked that way. By now Dexter will be a pure hipster with that big beard 🙂

I am glad I didnt see it when it was out as I would probably have hoped for a comeback. However I think now it is probably best left finished ....unless they brought Debs back in a ‘Bobby Ewing dream ‘.l 🙂

Interesting re Lazarus, I didnt know he was in that. 

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, teecee- said:

BBC News for constantly saying Bishopbriggs near Glasgow, Cambuslang near Glasgow, Rutherglen near Glasgow etc. etc.

These, and many like them are fairly large towns, do they thing we are Geographically thick?

some people are

36 minutes ago, teecee- said:

BBC News for constantly saying Bishopbriggs near Glasgow, Cambuslang near Glasgow, Rutherglen near Glasgow etc. etc.

These, and many like them are fairly large towns, do they thing we are Geographically thick?

Most of the people I work with think Paisley is in Glasgow.

7 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Listening to football  commentators going on about 'how the game has changed', modern day football, blah, blah ,blah and still continue to say the ball hit the woodwork, the goal is not made of fvckin wood anymore, does my head in...easily pissed of:mad:

I think we may have been the last club to continue to play with wooden goalposts. May have been.... 

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

When Saints moved from Muirton we took the floodlights and the goalposts with us to be used at McD.

I must be a sad sod......looked this up.

The square designs were eventually banned by FIFA in 1987, and the round version has also been gradually replaced by an elliptical shape created by the Standard Goals Company in Nottingham. Precision is absolute: crossbars today are curved slightly upward in order to counteract gravity, which naturally pulls the central section downwards. Douglas fir has also been superseded by aluminium as the material of choice.
Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/weird-and-wonderful-history-goal-posts#DTJ1vJuWcWqMIOer.99 

I need to get a life.............

I

Just now, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

I must be a sad sod......looked this up.

The square designs were eventually banned by FIFA in 1987, and the round version has also been gradually replaced by an elliptical shape created by the Standard Goals Company in Nottingham. Precision is absolute: crossbars today are curved slightly upward in order to counteract gravity, which naturally pulls the central section downwards. Douglas fir has also been superseded by aluminium as the material of choice.
Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/weird-and-wonderful-history-goal-posts#DTJ1vJuWcWqMIOer.99 

I need to get a life.............

I

Banned by FIFA not the Scottish League at that time. We definitely continued to play with them into the 90s.

Just now, sbcmfc said:

There’s not that many “weegies” on BBC Scotland, certainly not their football coverage.

Must’ve changed then as the token non Weegies were Richard Gordon and Stuart Cosgrove when I last listened. Tam Cowan’s a Weegie before you start. :lol:

Technically Willie Miller may be a weegie, but an honorary sheep shagger surely. I’m not sure if giving him away gets me Packy Bonner though?

:lol:

Between the radio and TV you’ve got Michael Stewart and Allan Preston with the broadest (Scottish)Edinburgh accents you’ll hear. Fuck knows what accent Jonathan Sutherland has? :shocked:

13 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Technically Willie Miller may be a weegie, but an honorary sheep shagger surely. I’m not sure if giving him away gets me Packy Bonner though?

:lol:

Between the radio and TV you’ve got Michael Stewart and Allan Preston with the broadest (Scottish)Edinburgh accents you’ll hear. Fuck knows what accent Jonathan Sutherland has? :shocked:

Miller’s defo a Weegie. Bonner’s more of a Weegie than Miller’s an Aberdonian.

On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 8:51 PM, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

The last wooden goal posts i remember were at Hampden, many years ago.........

And what a magnificent pair of goals they were. Hard to beat watching the ba' nestle in the back corner of the net...

HampdenPark.PNG

Edited by Toepoke