The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

Taxi drivers, if they pulled their cock out of a muff as often as they pull out of junctions none of them would have any kids.

Railway customers who moan that after travelling for hours they arrive a few minutes late from their booked arrival time, well fckin drive next time and hope they get stuck in massive traffic jams.

Men who put their shirts/tshirts and socks on before their trousers.

I mind reading in ma mum's Woman's Own (honest) that men who put their socks on last and take them off first are sexier.

No idea of the science behind it mind you, and it didn't rub off on me I usually put ma breeks on last...

Society's fixation with gender specific roles.

The amount of people who don't believe me when I tell them that I'm a primary school head teacher is staggering.

It's happened to me 6 times today alone.

Just five per cent of primary school teachers in Scotland are men.

What sort of example are we setting to future generations when we limit the number of early age educational male role models in this way?

Mate of mine is a primary school teacher and he loves it

My grip is fecking middle management. They think because they have a business or management degree that they know how to do everyone's job. Aye right try and program my robot then ya bass. Does my head in when they try and tell you how to do your job when they haven't a clue. No problem with them asking for advise and would always try and find a sensible solution but when they look down on you because what they want won't work I just want to give them a skap

Mate of mine is a primary school teacher and he loves it

My grip is fecking middle management. They think because they have a business or management degree that they know how to do everyone's job. Aye right try and program my robot then ya bass. Does my head in when they try and tell you how to do your job when they haven't a clue. No problem with them asking for advise and would always try and find a sensible solution but when they look down on you because what they want won't work I just want to give them a skap

I was at one stage a middle manager. In the steel industry. I didn't know how to do the jobs of many of the people who reported to me. I wasn't there to do things. I was there to make sure things got done.

And sometimes that involved dealing with some fly guys who didn't want to work. But more than 99% of the time it was making sure that people had what they needed to help them do the good job that they wanted to do.

My background was in Metallurgy. How the hell would I know how to tell a qualified electrician to do his job?

I was at one stage a middle manager. In the steel industry. I didn't know how to do the jobs of many of the people who reported to me. I wasn't there to do things. I was there to make sure things got done.

And sometimes that involved dealing with some fly guys who didn't want to work. But more than 99% of the time it was making sure that people had what they needed to help them do the good job that they wanted to do.

My background was in Metallurgy. How the hell would I know how to tell a qualified electrician to do his job?

Wish I had managers like you bet you were the type who would say to they guys " this is what we need to happen, what's the best way to get that" there the type that get my respect as you know what you don't know and are not afraid to ask those that do know. I'm sure you will have come across the type that I am on about. The only word they can say to upper management is yes. Out of interest where did you work in the steel industry

Would that no just add to the bottleneck?

Aye probably, but it would be fun.

I got off a flight in Sri Lanka once, I was the only westerner on the flight, strangely half of the flight stopped right at the bottom of an escalator, sadly my excuse me in a Dundee accent didnt quite work, so it did end up as me barging through several groups, if looks could kill.

Wish I had managers like you bet you were the type who would say to they guys " this is what we need to happen, what's the best way to get that" there the type that get my respect as you know what you don't know and are not afraid to ask those that do know. I'm sure you will have come across the type that I am on about. The only word they can say to upper management is yes. Out of interest where did you work in the steel industry

You know, I did ask the guys how best to do it. Within the rules and all that, of course. But I didn't have a monopoly on how best things should be done. I knew what HAD to be done - but how it was done I didn't mind.

I worked in Cambuslang (Clydebridge) and in Motherwell (Dalzell) - and various other Lanarkshire places. And Shrope. And Teesside. And, very, very briefly South Wales.

And Sweden.

Finland.

France, wance.

You know, I did ask the guys how best to do it. Within the rules and all that, of course. But I didn't have a monopoly on how best things should be done. I knew what HAD to be done - but how it was done I didn't mind.

I worked in Cambuslang (Clydebridge) and in Motherwell (Dalzell) - and various other Lanarkshire places. And Shrope. And Teesside. And, very, very briefly South Wales.

And Sweden.

Finland.

France, wance.

Ah was hoping you were going to say ravenscraig as I work with someone who worked there

Ah was hoping you were going to say ravenscraig as I work with someone who worked there

Oh, I used to visit Ravenscraig in a consultancy capacity. Although they were just up the road, they were in a completely separate "division" and we rarely had interface.

I mind reading in ma mum's Woman's Own (honest) that men who put their socks on last and take them off first are sexier.

No idea of the science behind it mind you, and it didn't rub off on me I usually put ma breeks on last...

That's because men with bunions put their socks on first.

Bunions are low down the list on what lassies look for in a man.

Peeves. Nipping into Greggs for a quick sausage roll and there's six chunts ahead of me ordering bacon rolls and cups of tea. This isnae a cafe, this is Greggs, get your sausage rolls and get the fukk out!

Playing sports and sprinting after someone and finding the auld legs work in slow motion these days :(

Maybe I should eat less sausage rolls.

Folk that use a lot of jingo speak and buzzwords at work

"let's touch base so we are singing off the same hymn sheet as it's a potential win-win scenario"

SHUT UP YA FACKING TOOL

:-))

Thanks for the heads up.

Lets send that idea off on a cruise and see if it comes back with a tan.