The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 34 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

3 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

:lol: Aye. Saw that on the way back from Menorca on Monday. Even dafter are the ones doing it who have kids with them. We sat within earshot and eyeline of the gate with our 2 kids - at a table in a bar area, letting the kids draw and colour in while we sipped a couple of beers. Meanwhile the poor kids standing in a queue for 20 mins are going mental and getting grief for it ! Mental. When the girls at the desk were ready the first thing they did was ask anyone with kids/special needs to board first. :beer2:. One that did raise my eyebrow (and got some questions asked/shouted from the queue) was the family party of 6 adults with one child who ALL came to the front..........

really that is taking piss

I notice that all the family's who "struggle" get on a plane, manage fine to get off the plane 1st without any priority

although i noticed in Barcelona all the families who were accustomed to getting on 1st, were told to get in line behind the frequent flyers     

5 hours ago, teecee- said:

I get the same train 3 times a week to Central which always arrives at the same platform. With a little bit of attention you will notice there is a pattern to  arrivals and departures.

I work 3 different rotas and barely know what day I am on never mind what platform the train arrives at. 

The return journey used to be narrowed down to platforms 13-15 but they now sneakily stick in the odd train from platform 6 which is like a foreign country to us on the West Coast line. 

The train doors not opening is  the most annoying thing though . 10 minutes of listening to this:

https://www.soundsnap.com/tags/train_doors

7 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

People who insist on standing as close to the baggage claim area with a trolley as they can get. 

Airport do's and don'ts should be taught in school and a pass mark achieved before being allowed to fly. 

this completely. one of my life long bug bears. If those people just stood back from the belt them everyone would be able to move forward and get their cases off far more easily. does my head in!! and then folk get annoyed when you ask them to move so you can get to your case!

Folk that can't do anything without being on their phone.

They wander about in their own wee world where the most important thing is swiping away at a 4inch screen. They do it driving, they do it walking, they do it eating, they even do it in the bog.

I've seen folk sacked at work. "Put the phone away or you're out the door" They chose the door rather than put the phone away.

7 minutes ago, Big Col said:

They wander about in their own wee world where the most important thing is swiping away at a 4inch screen. They do it driving, they do it walking, they do it eating, they even do it in the bog.

I've seen folk sacked at work. "Put the phone away or you're out the door" They chose the door rather than put the phone away.

Totally agree.

8 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I work 3 different rotas and barely know what day I am on never mind what platform the train arrives at. 

The return journey used to be narrowed down to platforms 13-15 but they now sneakily stick in the odd train from platform 6 which is like a foreign country to us on the West Coast line. 

The train doors not opening is  the most annoying thing though . 10 minutes of listening to this:

https://www.soundsnap.com/tags/train_doors

Did you listen to all of these?

Train door 5 was especially annoying

10 hours ago, ShedTA said:

If those people just stood back from the belt them everyone would be able to move forward and get their cases off far more easily. 

If those people stood back and left a space some wee whank would just position themselves between them and the conveyor. What world do you live in.

Edited by thplinth

11 hours ago, Big Col said:

Folk who have to video everything on their phone too, concerts, football matches...

It's like showing people how much fun you're having is more important than being present and actually enjoying the moment.

Im as guilty as the next person for sone of the things you've said mind you.

sent from my iPhone

10 hours ago, thplinth said:

If those people stood back and left a space some wee whank would just position themselves between them and the conveyor. What world do you live in.

That's the whole point that we are trying to make - did you completely miss that?  If everyone stood back then it would all be a lot easier - but you are right , they don't.

Unfortunately I live in the same world as a lot of wee whanks.

17 hours ago, Big Col said:

just read this a wee while ago

Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation?

More comfortable online than out partying, post-Millennials are safer, physically, than adolescents have ever been. But they’re on the brink of a mental-health crisis.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/has-the-smartphone-destroyed-a-generation/534198/

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Folk who have to video everything on their phone too, concerts, football matches...

It's like showing people how much fun you're having is more important than being present and actually enjoying the moment.

Im as guilty as the next person for sone of the things you've said mind you.

sent from my iPhone

Did you see the pic last week in the difference between a goal scored at Parkhead and one at the Nou Camp? Your post summed up in one single shot if you can find it.

kids being given ipads as toys are up there too.  There's something not right about it.

They should be out playing, not looking at screens all the time.  

No tin-hatter but I'm not convinced all side effects of carrying electronic devices constantly around your person has been completely understood either.  For mental or physical health.

14 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

kids being given ipads as toys are up there too.  There's something not right about it.

They should be out playing, not looking at screens all the time.  

No tin-hatter but I'm not convinced all side effects of carrying electronic devices constantly around your person has been completely understood either.  For mental or physical health.

Yep. Let the wee shites build up an immunity to germs by letting them get mauchit outside instead of wrapping them in cotton wool inside with some electronic device.

People who feel compelled to repeatedly use the word “basically” when trying to describe or explain something to you.

What they are saying is “basically I’m so fkin superior to you I have to basically tell you in a basic way so you will understand you delinquent!”

2 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

I hate Scotrail.

Very rarely use the train (as many of you who kept me company on my 4 hour journey back and fro from Edinburgh may understand) but I used to love the tramp who wandered on and off trains shouting about how bad they were then told the passengers he was on the board of the train company and we could pass our complaints to him. I always took the opportunity to moan to him, sometimes about the 3am Saturday bus sometimes about my jobs and every now and then about the actual train. Never understood people who ignored him, he usually asked for 50p at the end of your complaint but find me a psychiatrist or counsellor for 50p nowadays. 

:)

3 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Very rarely use the train (as many of you who kept me company on my 4 hour journey back and fro from Edinburgh may understand) but I used to love the tramp who wandered on and off trains shouting about how bad they were then told the passengers he was on the board of the train company and we could pass our complaints to him. I always took the opportunity to moan to him, sometimes about the 3am Saturday bus sometimes about my jobs and every now and then about the actual train. Never understood people who ignored him, he usually asked for 50p at the end of your complaint but find me a psychiatrist or counsellor for 50p nowadays. 

:)

I just maintain a moderate seethe on every journey.

1 hour ago, Mazziessc said:

People who feel compelled to repeatedly use the word “basically” when trying to describe or explain something to you.

What they are saying is “basically I’m so fkin superior to you I have to basically tell you in a basic way so you will understand you delinquent!”

Or the word 'literally'. :banghead:

5 hours ago, Ormond said:

Yep. Let the wee shites build up an immunity to germs by letting them get mauchit outside instead of wrapping them in cotton wool inside with some electronic device.

There are more germs on most electronic devices than on most toilets. Somebody did a study.

• 4 weeks later...