The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 33 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

You wear 4 inch heels ? To work ? :lol:

Not every day but some are that high. I don't have to do a lot of walking in the office...it's all on one floor and I spend a lot of time sitting at my desk. I've got a bit of a shoe thing though.

13 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

People who eat a burger, including the bun, with a knife and fork.  Weirdos.

The trend for burgers to be 12 inches high nowadays, what is the accepted way to eat the ####ers now?

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

People who eat a burger, including the bun, with a knife and fork.  Weirdos.

When McDonald's don't have knifes and forks for my burger

• 1 month later...

Folk who get the same train home every night from Glasgow Central and know exactly what platform it is going from, even though nothing is on the board.

These people nip on to the train when it arrives at Central , and when the platform eventually comes up on the board and the rest of us get to the platform, the train doors have miraculously locked themselves.

They sit on the train with their smug faces, staring out at the rest of us freezing our tits off  on the platform . After 10 minutes of listening to the train doors sucking and blowing trying to open, the driver admits defeat and shunts the train forward 6 inches,  which seems to work every time. Why he does not do that from the start is beyond me. 

11 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Folk who get the same train home every night from Glasgow Central and know exactly what platform it is going from, even though nothing is on the board.

These people nip on to the train when it arrives at Central , and when the platform eventually comes up on the board and the rest of us get to the platform, the train doors have miraculously locked themselves.

They sit on the train with their smug faces, staring out at the rest of us freezing our tits off  on the platform . After 10 minutes of listening to the train doors sucking and blowing trying to open, the driver admits defeat and shunts the train forward 6 inches,  which seems to work every time. Why he does not do that from the start is beyond me. 

Walk around to the other side of the train where the right handers get on. You'll find the doors open there.

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

People who insist on standing as close to the baggage claim area with a trolley as they can get. 

Airport do's and don'ts should be taught in school and a pass mark achieved before being allowed to fly. 

People who form a queue as soon as the gate number announced and then stand for at least 30 min. They do have reserved seats.

16 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I get the same train 3 times a week to Central which always arrives at the same platform. With a little bit of attention you will notice there is a pattern to  arrivals and departures.

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

People who insist on standing as close to the baggage claim area with a trolley as they can get. 

Airport do's and don'ts should be taught in school and a pass mark achieved before being allowed to fly. 

aye they are a bunch of kents - or folk who stand over the red line, so you can;t see what luggage is coming down the carousel cos they are busy looking for their shyte - Nigerian flights are a bit wild as well with the amount of crap they pack in those large check tarpaulin type bags  

58 minutes ago, teecee- said:

People who form a queue as soon as the gate number announced and then stand for at least 30 min. They do have reserved seats.

:lol: Aye. Saw that on the way back from Menorca on Monday. Even dafter are the ones doing it who have kids with them. We sat within earshot and eyeline of the gate with our 2 kids - at a table in a bar area, letting the kids draw and colour in while we sipped a couple of beers. Meanwhile the poor kids standing in a queue for 20 mins are going mental and getting grief for it ! Mental. When the girls at the desk were ready the first thing they did was ask anyone with kids/special needs to board first. :beer2:. One that did raise my eyebrow (and got some questions asked/shouted from the queue) was the family party of 6 adults with one child who ALL came to the front..........

3 hours couped up in a metal tube with the legroom of the old main stand at Tannadice clearly isn't long enough for some folk.

People appear to turn into selfish idiotic animals at airports. It truly is bizarre.

Only once has a plane left without me.

:lol: