The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 31 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

On 2014-10-23 at 9:50 AM, ParisInAKilt said:

People on Facebook who:

- check in at the hospital, with no explanation waiting for people to ask if they are okay

- post sad faces, again with no explanation

And put comments like 'it's just not fair' then suckers put 'why what's wrong?' 

12 minutes ago, YORKIE PAM said:

And put comments like 'it's just not fair' then suckers put 'why what's wrong?' 

"You okay, hun?" What's up?" 

She's fine and "what's up" is that she's an attention seeking cow. 

There is nothing actually wrong with "zero hours contracts". They are going to be the future of work - a tool to be used by parties thereunder in the gig economy.

What is wrong are zero hour contracts that won't let you work anywhere else, or which demand you turn up at the drop of a hat, lest you get fired (and linking that to some benefits). Both of these are highly likely to be declared void if they were examined in a Tribunal anyway. 

But I just wanted to get it off my chest.

And people who chew food with their mouth open should have their tongue ripped out.

15 minutes ago, they've_been_suckered said:

You don't bag at the checkout. Lob it into your trolley, pay then feck off and pack your shopping in your own time. 

Are you not allowed to do that in Tesco, Morrisons etc? You must be very slow at stuffing things in bags if you can't keep up with the checkout staff. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Are you not allowed to do that in Tesco, Morrisons etc? You must be very slow at stuffing things in bags if you can't keep up with the checkout staff. 

You'll be doing well to keep up with an Aldi till operator scanning your weekly shop. If you can, you're in the minority. Most people just hold everyone else back though. 

I always bag at the till in Aldi and never hold anyone up. Both of us bag until everything is scanned, then one of us will pay while the other finishes bagging. 

41 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I always bag at the till in Aldi and never hold anyone up. Both of us bag until everything is scanned, then one of us will pay while the other finishes bagging. 

Just wait until Ormond sees this, not very subtle, "I've got a wife" post.;)

I've got a horrible feeling the Torres will get 380+. 

Although that might be because I've spent all day working with Tories in Surrey. :rolleyes: 

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Orraloon beat me to it! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, slasher said:

Politicians that keep calling Brexit Breggsit! ?

On the drive to work i had Good Morning Scotland on the radio and got a bit pissed off with that very thing! :lol: 

Although, even more annoying was Tom Harris' assertion that the Leave campaign "wasn't the government" and therefore had no responsibility to set out how Brexit would proceed or what the negotiating position would be! A statement that went unchallenged by the presenter!  

Contrast this with the Indy Ref where if the Yes campaign didn't have a fully costed answer to every single question, they were chastised by all and sundry! 

On 6/8/2017 at 4:53 PM, they've_been_suckered said:

You don't bag at the checkout. Lob it into your trolley, pay then feck off and pack your shopping in your own time. 

never seen anyone bag like that - then again i normally just havea small shop there as well