Scotland Squad - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Squad

ProudScot

16 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

IMG_2565.thumb.jpeg.e85ee4797587527a1443e22d5ce3eff6.jpeg

Didn't know it was being announced today. Anyway no surprises though very disappointed Adams isn't fit enough to be selected.  McLean I thought hasn't played for months due to injury, he can't be anywhere near match fit, idk but maybe he is good character in the dressing room ,I wonder sometimes if players get selected partly for that as much as their abilities. 

Aye Adams not making it is a seekner. He still carrying that injury from when he went off injured vs Cyprus? Looked fairly innocuous at the time. 

Disappointed to see McLean AND Jack both still getting in every squad. Would rather we brought in Hackney or another youngster instead of one of them, neither offer anything special and are both likely out of the picture completely this time next year.  

15 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Jacob Brown finally dropped. Or is he injured?

Yeh just noticed ha.. No disrespect to the lad as we know How proud he was to be selected but to say he is limited is putting it mildly. Though with Adams out maybe his pace or for that matter Oliver Burke's pace of the bench might have been handy.

Like ghorne67 I am disappointed to see the inclusion of both Ryan Jack and Kenny Mclean, as neither have been playing regularly nor performing at former levels. I would much prefer instead Hayden Hackney who gets rave reviews at Middlesborough plus Tom Cairney who has been starting regularly for Fulham and playing really well. Clark has a tendency to favour loyalty over form. But then again, with no disrespect to the player, I am happy to finally see the omission of Jacob Brown.

2 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Yeh just noticed ha.. No disrespect to the lad as we know How proud he was to be selected but to say he is limited is putting it mildly. Though with Adams out maybe his pace or for that matter Oliver Burke's pace of the bench might have been handy.

Burke's name should never be mentioned any more. Pace of the bench? Yes, only to run it out of play.

Adams will be a huge miss, especially for the Norway game but Shankland is on good form so thats a positive from the bench.

Agree with others, no point having both McLean and Jack but perhaps its just a case of having them for this squad and then phasing one or both of them out over the rest of the year.

5 hours ago, HighlandScot said:

Like ghorne67 I am disappointed to see the inclusion of both Ryan Jack and Kenny Mclean, as neither have been playing regularly nor performing at former levels. I would much prefer instead Hayden Hackney who gets rave reviews at Middlesborough plus Tom Cairney who has been starting regularly for Fulham and playing really well. Clark has a tendency to favour loyalty over form. But then again, with no disrespect to the player, I am happy to finally see the omission of Jacob Brown.

I reckon Cairney is no longer available for selection bit we will never here anything official. Much like Phil Bardsley and Matt Ritchie.

On 5/29/2023 at 8:34 PM, Templeton_Peck said:

I reckon Cairney is no longer available for selection bit we will never here anything official. Much like Phil Bardsley and Matt Ritchie.

Three separate Scotland managers have called up Ciarney, and each time they basically come out with something along the lines "its criminal he is not capped yet", and then bin him for the very next squad and never heard of again.....

Bardsley I am surprised never went on to get more caps.... Ritchie was just never cut out for international football (he had all the pace of a oil tanker, and had he had that aspect of his game in place, would have probably got about 50 England caps),