Money.... - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Get a Revolut card and you can load it up with any currency you want, and more than one currency.  I hold a stash of Euros on it and use it when in Europe with no problem.  Also works with sterling.  Can do currency exchange on the app.  In Spain recently I never even saw any actual Euros - it was all done with my phone which is linked to my Revolut account.

19 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Le Trappiste in Bruges was a good pub too. 

TBF Belgium's probably my favourite country to go drinking in. 

Came across this beer last time was there (March), tried it for the hell of it as it was on tap and fancied a change and ooft... braw!

Home | Tripel Karmeliet https://tripelkarmeliet.com/ 

Strange thing, don't seem to get hangovers over there. 

46 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

TBF Belgium's probably my favourite country to go drinking in. 

Came across this beer last time was there (March), tried it for the hell of it as it was on tap and fancied a change and ooft... braw!

Home | Tripel Karmeliet https://tripelkarmeliet.com/ 

Strange thing, don't seem to get hangovers over there. 

Yeah it's excellent. My missus hates beer but even she found some she liked (fruity ones etc)

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yeah it's excellent. My missus hates beer but even she found some she liked (fruity ones etc)

There's just something about Belgian beer, I can't wait to go back. Really brings context to drinking here, the beer here is general gash. Saying that, everything here is generally gash in comparison. 

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

wife and I went to Antwerp last may,she is also not a beer drinker,anyway we got into antwerp about 10am got our room early and headed out for lunch she too liked the fruity beers,I put her to bed around 3 (in the afternoon) and headed out again...for some reason I could not find a beer a liked and quite often ended up with a stella until we took a day trip to Brussels,there's a Brewdog right beside the train station...

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

😂 found it a bit rundown and seedy between the central square and the river - which was a huge building site to be fair. Was with the wife and kids. 

I'm easily pleased ;)

1 hour ago, Bzzzz said:

I'm easily pleased ;)

Me too without the kids in tow 😂 Like I said, we found a great place for moules frites but there was barely a street not being dug up. Just there one night to connect with a flight to Menorca. The airport was nice and the Jupiler on tap was excellent 🍺 Actually, I might post a wee vid from Charleroi airport 😂

Edited by killiefaetheferry