Transfer Chat 2023/24 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfer Chat 2023/24

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Morelos, Kent, Arfield, Stephen Davies, McGregor and Hellander will all be off the books by next season. Add another 5 first team players to that. Lots of outs at the moment. 

Some money saved there per week.

24 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Morelos, Kent, Arfield, Stephen Davies, McGregor and Hellander will all be off the books by next season. Add another 5 first team players to that. Lots of outs at the moment. 

Come on now!!

32 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Arfield will be offered and sign a 1 year extension similar to Jack.

Rangers will probably try and offload McLaughlin (free), Kamara (3 million) and Wright (free). 

Can see them trying to shift Colak for around a couple of million or some kind of paid loan. He has done well but clearly doesnt fit into Beales system. Maybe similar for Roofe.

2 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Rangers will probably try and offload McLaughlin (free), Kamara (3 million) and Wright (free). 

Can see them trying to shift Colak for around a couple of million or some kind of paid loan. He has done well but clearly doesnt fit into Beales system. Maybe similar for Roofe.

I was impressed by his system .  Fast and furious, the same as Celtic.  It was a great game to watch.  Rangers took their chances and matched Celtic at their game.  Seems to be two good managers up here.  Hopefully the management merry go round in Scotland for all the other clubs will get a break for a while.  

38 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I'd definitely keep Arfield for another year.  He'll rarely (if ever) play 90s minutes or even start but I always feel we look a better team when he plays.  We need to have as many home grown players as we can and a far as I can gather he's quite a strong character in the dressing room so worth another 12 months in my opinion.  The other 3 you mentioned could leave with no real detriment to the playing squad other than the physical bodies and cost of replacements but that shouldn't stop them being moved on.

40 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'd definitely keep Arfield for another year.  He'll rarely (if ever) play 90s minutes or even start but I always feel we look a better team when he plays.  We need to have as many home grown players as we can and a far as I can gather he's quite a strong character in the dressing room so worth another 12 months in my opinion.  The other 3 you mentioned could leave with no real detriment to the playing squad other than the physical bodies and cost of replacements but that shouldn't stop them being moved on.

Only goes to further highlight the failed trading model at Ranger in past years. People could argue about the exact numbers but you could have receieved 15 each for Kent and Moreles, 10 for Kamara after the Euros and about 8 for Taviner at around March of title winning year (and kept Patterson)

This has as much to do with the fans as it does the board imo though as a large % of Rangers fans still see themselves as the biggest club in the world and are outraged when the best players are sold.

29 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Only goes to further highlight the failed trading model at Ranger in past years. People could argue about the exact numbers but you could have receieved 15 each for Kent and Moreles, 10 for Kamara after the Euros and about 8 for Taviner at around March of title winning year (and kept Patterson)

This has as much to do with the fans as it does the board imo though as a large % of Rangers fans still see themselves as the biggest club in the world and are outraged when the best players are sold.

Every fan sees their own club as the biggest in the world.  That is what football is.  And good for it imo.

37 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I don't see much sense in selling Tav for 8M when we got (or could get) 16M for Patterson.  Tavernier has been our best player over the last 5 years and as good as Patterson could be, he wouldn't have given us the numbers in terms of goals and assists that we've got from Tav.  With the offer that came in, selling Patterson was an absolute no brainer.  Don't disagree with the rest though, it's unbelievably bad mismanagement and I suspect one of the reasons not much was done to try and keep Wilson.

56 minutes ago, SamP said:

Every fan sees their own club as the biggest in the world.  That is what football is.  And good for it imo.

As per above, no they dont. In fact very few should. I doubt fans of Alloa think they are a bigger club than Real Madrid.

Theres a difference between the club meaning more to you as a fan over any other and thinking your club is the biggest.

The outrage that would follow the sale of a prize assest by Rangers fans is part of the reason why financially they arent succesful.

51 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I don't see much sense in selling Tav for 8M when we got (or could get) 16M for Patterson.  Tavernier has been our best player over the last 5 years and as good as Patterson could be, he wouldn't have given us the numbers in terms of goals and assists that we've got from Tav.  With the offer that came in, selling Patterson was an absolute no brainer.  Don't disagree with the rest though, it's unbelievably bad mismanagement and I suspect one of the reasons not much was done to try and keep Wilson.

I can see the argument for both. For me Tavs stock was never going to be higher than about the March of that season. His stats were through the roof and was getting alot of coverage in English media which is a sign that they are taking notice. He was about 27/28 so realistically the last chance to sell him for decent money. Add in that Patterson had recently come into the team and done well and showed great potential. Sell Tav for 8, tell Patterson that he is the 1st choice RB for next 2/3 years and follow the Tierney model. That way when you then sell Patterson you get anywhere between 10 and 25 million.

4 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

As per above, no they dont. In fact very few should. I doubt fans of Alloa think they are a bigger club than Real Madrid.

Theres a difference between the club meaning more to you as a fan over any other and thinking your club is the biggest.

The outrage that would follow the sale of a prize assest by Rangers fans is part of the reason why financially they arent succesful.

Some people take it too seriously.  Football is just a game.  Me and a few friends have decided to pick a game to every couple of weeks and enjoy it.  Raith Rovers is one but it could be anywhere locally.  If you see the look and the shouts of the fans then of course they think there team is the best in the world.  Then when they sober up!!!!  That's my point DS.

3 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

"We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen" song always made me cringe at Fir Park 

Why not?  Fans like to go out and sing that everywhere.  They are enjoying themselves whilst you cringe.  

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

#RangersFC can today announce Scott Arfield, Filip Helander, Ryan Kent, Allan McGregor and Alfredo Morelos will leave the club upon the expiry of their contracts this summer.

I'd have kept Arfield for another year but no issues with the others leaving.  Will be interesting to see the recruitment over the coming months.

On 5/20/2023 at 3:52 PM, dandydunn said:

Nicky Devlin has signed a pre contract with Aberdeen

Need to promote the youth full back as back up to Devlin and then we can send Richardson to the moon so he cannot torture any football fan ever again