King Chucky's Big Corrie Do - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

King Chucky's Big Corrie Do

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Wise words from - checks notes - a member of the King’s privy council.  

I watched all of Salmond's speech (from which this clip is taken) you the YouChoob last night.

One point that struck me was about sitting on the stone to symbolise how Scotland was now literally and figuratively 'sat on' by the English.... Did Scottish kings not also sit on it? (genuine question, i've no idea).

Regarding your point about Salmond being on the privy council, he referenced that in his speech. Alba is a republican party led by someone who's a monarchist. Odd i suppose, but then loads of politicians have been on 'journeys' with regards to the monarchy (looking at you Sinn Fein).

4 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I watched all of Salmond's speech (from which this clip is taken) you the YouChoob last night.

One point that struck me was about sitting on the stone to symbolise how Scotland was now literally and figuratively 'sat on' by the English.... Did Scottish kings not also sit on it? (genuine question, i've no idea).

Regarding your point about Salmond being on the privy council, he referenced that in his speech. Alba is a republican party led by someone who's a monarchist. Odd i suppose, but then loads of politicians have been on 'journeys' with regards to the monarchy (looking at you Sinn Fein).

Scottish Kings kneeled on the stone to be crowned.   I think that stuff about being sat on is a wee bit contrived. 

Clever move from Sinn Fein, IMHO.  O’Neill is presenting herself and her party as being the grown-ups in the room and, by definition, the DUP as the children for not going back into government.  

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

Scottish Kings kneeled on the stone to be crowned.   I think that stuff about being sat on is a wee bit contrived. 

Clever move from Sinn Fein, IMHO.  O’Neill is presenting herself and her party as being the grown-ups in the room and, by definition, the DUP as the children for not going back into government.  

Ok, so the point about sitting on it is valid i suppose.

Agree of course about O'Neill. But then it's never hard to make the DUP look like twats. They remind me of the unionist parties in Scotland from the early days of the SNP's rise to - and in - government. They offer up so many open goals.

16 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

People watching the Coronation will be invited to join a "chorus of millions" to swear allegiance to the King and his heirs, organisers say.

If I were watching I might be swearing but it wouldn't be an oath of allegiance!

Why would anyone with a mind of their own swear allegiance to an unelected monarch . The UK, and notably England, is stuck in the past. This is a load of utter bollox in modern day and another thing to distract people from the real issues facing many people , along with The Kardashians and similar frivolous shite on TV.  

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

People watching the Coronation will be invited to join a "chorus of millions" to swear allegiance to the King and his heirs, organisers say.

If I were watching I might be swearing but it wouldn't be an oath of allegiance!

I will probably watch out of historical curiosity but they can absolutely ram that idea in my household. 

https://wingsoverscotland.com/quid-pro-nihilo/#more-137321

But what might a real “First Activist” have done with the position and power?

As the First Minister, Yousaf is the Keeper of the Great Seal Of Scotland.

As such, his acquiescence was required for the Stone Of Destiny to be removed from Edinburgh Castle and transported to London for the coronation of King Charles III next week. Yousaf dutifully complied, and hung about awkwardly as the ancient symbol of Scotland’s sovereignty was carted off under the watchful eyes of men in gaily-coloured costumes to be stuffed back under Proud Edward’s throne.

In return for his obedience, Yousaf extracted… nothing.

Imagine, readers, if the Keeper of the Great Seal had said this:

“Sure, you can borrow our rock, but given that it’s the symbol of our sovereignty within the voluntary partnership of the United Kingdom, the price for its use in legitimising the new monarch is that you return that sovereignty to us in the form of a permanent Section 30 order ensuring that our continued participation in that union is indeed voluntary.”

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

How many generations do we have to go through before this fucking sham ends, hopefully the ginger cunt and his missus destroys them from within 

"Yet if he should give up what he has begun, and agree to make us or our kingdom subject to the King of England or the English, we should exert ourselves at once to drive him out as our enemy and a subverter of his own rights and ours, and make some other man who was well able to defend us our King; for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule."

We should have turned our back on the monarchy when James VI fucked off to England. 

On 4/30/2023 at 12:02 PM, TDYER63 said:

Why would anyone with a mind of their own swear allegiance to an unelected monarch . The UK, and notably England, is stuck in the past. This is a load of utter bollox in modern day and another thing to distract people from the real issues facing many people , along with The Kardashians and similar frivolous shite on TV.  

Why would any sane person swear allegiance to that jug eared idiot, anyone who could leave Diana’s bed to play around wi that horse looking bint doesn’t deserve a second’s thought, the man’s a complete imbecile. If his mum had any belief in him she would have abdicated years ago.

3 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Why would any sane person swear allegiance to that jug eared idiot, anyone who could leave Diana’s bed to play around wi that horse looking bint doesn’t deserve a second’s thought, the man’s a complete imbecile. If his mum had any belief in him she would have abdicated years ago.

Did Prince Andrew not go from Koo Stark to Fergie? We should've know then he was a no righter.

3 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

"Yet if he should give up what he has begun, and agree to make us or our kingdom subject to the King of England or the English, we should exert ourselves at once to drive him out as our enemy and a subverter of his own rights and ours, and make some other man who was well able to defend us our King; for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule."

We should have turned our back on the monarchy when James VI fucked off to England. 

Aye, that was the beginning of the end.

24 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Did Prince Andrew not go from Koo Stark to Fergie? We should've know then he was a no righter.

Told to bump her as she’d appeared naked in a couple of films and they didn’t want any Royal scandal, wonder how that worked out 

44 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Wtf !  Scumbag newspaper is going nowhere near the cheery thread. 😡😡

0A910131-682D-4660-A3FB-ACDD34732430.thumb.jpeg.413325c2f99662426f89cbeecfdf0852.jpeg

I see the article mentions items like flags being sold. I haven't checked but assuming most of the Union Jack tat in Tesco was made in the People's Republic of China.

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

I see the article mentions items like flags being sold. I haven't checked but assuming most of the Union Jack tat in Tesco was made in the People's Republic of China.

I doubt Scotland will contribute much to it. Unless of course you count the bevvy being bought in vasts quantities trying to obliterate the event from ‘ones  memory’. 

I usually steer clear of Tesco as Aldi's produce seems to be of better quality, but I had to get something the other day and FFS I thought I had wandered into a BNP rally.  Tesco have an unerring ability to fail to read the room in Scotland.  So many union flags to spit on that I ran out of saliva.

3 hours ago, Alibi said:

I usually steer clear of Tesco as Aldi's produce seems to be of better quality, but I had to get something the other day and FFS I thought I had wandered into a BNP rally.  Tesco have an unerring ability to fail to read the room in Scotland.  So many union flags to spit on that I ran out of saliva.

They had a lot on the shelves?

Hopefully an indication nobody's buying it.

4 hours ago, Alibi said:

Hopefully they lose a fortune on it, supermarkets are ripping us off big time as it is. 

The forecast isn't great for these street parties on Saturday. Aberdeen City council have an event planned at Duthie park and the forecast is rain and more rain

Same for where I live. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Hopefully they lose a fortune on it, supermarkets are ripping us off big time as it is. 

Checked most of the stuff in Tesco (felt very dirty in doing so). Only things which had any indication where they came from were marked 'Made in China'.

On another note how does all this Union Jackery tat square with Charlie's green credentials as most of its made of plastic and will be single use (unless Rangers win something in the near future, and I'm not optimistic on that front ☹️)?