I'm moving to Alba - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I'm moving to Alba

Apologies for yet another politics thread. Had enough of the SNP. Not been a member now for a few years but seriously considering not giving them my vote now. With the corruption (and it is corruption), the lack of movement on (or even remote interest in) independence and general ineptitude, they've done what I didn't think possible and lost my vote. Seeing the grinning fuckwits in New York, just there for a pointless jolly, jumping on the gravy train is the final straw for me.

Always resisted jumping to Alba as some of the more prominent Twitter users give cause for concern. But I'm almost convinced that their more proactive and aggressive approach to independence is what we need. I'll monitor their progress with interest. But the grifters in the SNP have almost certainly lost me for the time being.

Been considering this myself. Not sure what to do. Earlier today I watched the video Ally posted during the week. The Barrhead Boy video. It was fairly interesting and they definitely have a more pro active stance , but I also get the feeling some folk connected with Alba are as smitten with AS as those that are accused of being NS sheep. 
I am certainly giving it more thought than I ever expected though. 

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Been considering this myself. Not sure what to do. Earlier today I watched the video Ally posted during the week. The Barrhead Boy video. It was fairly interesting and they definitely have a more pro active stance , but I also get the feeling some folk connected with Alba are as smitten with AS as those that are accused of being NS sheep. 
I am certainly giving it more thought than I ever expected though. 

Yeah, I think they need to be considered. The sneering attitude of the SNP towards them is reminiscent of Labour towards the SNP of old and is helping push me their way. 

What the grifters in the SNP are banking on is that when it comes to the next election(s) the only credible choice will be between the shite SNP or a Unionist candidate

That is why nothing of significance , that we all want except Aaid,  will happen before then.

It might work - the thought of Unionists being in power again is a big motivation

Whether Alba can be credible by then i'm not sure - they might not even stand candidates in a General Election

Moving to Alba better than Labour.... 🤣
Though personally I dont think the SNP is a total busted flush.

It is clear the party has been at war with itself ever since the Salmond trial.
Next UK election should have been golden opportunity for SNP to become the Westminster kingmakers.
Sadly that opportunity gone (and current woe all self inflicted: a classic Scottish own goal)

Joanna Cherry seems to have finger on the pulse and gives me hope all is not lost.

https://www.thenational.scot/politics/23454453.us-questions-snp-finances-shouted/

As for Alba ?
I like Alex Salmond - but : he is yesterdays man and no longer in position to deliver independence either...

Hope it works out. I'm sure there's quite a number of SNP members who are seriously considering a similar move. There's obviously some very unpleasant keyboard warriors in Alba but the same could be said about a number of SNP politicians.  I'm sticking with the SNP at present but that doesn't mean I don't have some very serious reservations about the party.

As it stands i'll be voting for nobody. 

The lunatic fringe of Alba puts me off and i don't trust the SNP just now. 

Greens i disagree with too much of their policy and i'd never vote for a unionist party. 

I really hope SNP can get their house in order before the next election. 

42 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As it stands i'll be voting for nobody. 

The lunatic fringe of Alba puts me off and i don't trust the SNP just now. 

Greens i disagree with too much of their policy and i'd never vote for a unionist party. 

I really hope SNP can get their house in order before the next election. 

Yeah, I'm onboard with most of that. I'm currently investigating whether Alba are more than just a lunatic fringe! I'm attracted by the proactive independence stance.

Salmond has the right message but seems to be the only one in Alba that does and has personally lost credibility rightly or wrongly. 

Alba seem to be defined by the trans issues as much as Independence.  Not something I want to be overly associated with in any direction.

I wouldn't be proud to say I'm SNP, green or Alba these days for different reasons.  Homeless politically.

People are either ignorant, have a terrible selective memory or are in denial when it comes to Salmond.

Jeez in polls (from BEFORE his scandal) he was even less popular in Scotland  than Bojo. Ffs that is staggeringly unpopular.

In 2014 too I knew of relatives and friends who point blank refused to contemplate voting Yes because of Salmond. And again this was way before his scandal.

Damaged goods remain that - damaged. It is the same in any walk of life. Look at people like Michael Barrymore following his court case his career still remsins finished even though he was never charged and there are others.

And can you imagine the wet dreams unionists would have if he were back as a leading light for independence? Sex pest Salmond says Yes etc etc etc. 

It would never work for the independence movement and this is backed up by the rank rotten performance by Alba which he fronts. If he was any sort of man like his fans believe their performances would have been far better. Jeez they have even toiled in his heartland.

He is like a sausage on a blazing barbeque....well done.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

People are either ignorant, have a terrible selective memory or are in denial when it comes to Salmond.

Jeez in polls (from BEFORE his scandal) he was even less popular in Scotland  than Bojo. Ffs that is staggeringly unpopular.

In 2014 too I knew of relatives and friends who point blank refused to contemplate voting Yes because of Salmond. And again this was way before his scandal.

Damaged goods remain that - damaged. It is the same in any walk of life. Look at people like Michael Barrymore following his court case his career still remsins finished even though he was never charged and there are others.

And can you imagine the wet dreams unionists would have if he were back as a leading light for independence? Sex pest Salmond says Yes etc etc etc. 

It would never work for the independence movement and this is backed up by the rank rotten performance by Alba which he fronts. If he was any sort of man like his fans believe their performances would have been far better. Jeez they have even toiled in his heartland.

He is like a sausage on a blazing barbeque....well done.

Get a grip you rocket, you should at least be happy he isn’t away and voting for a unionist party, u are every bit as bad as aaid in your character assassination,, I will place a bet right now that alba get more than 10 seats at the next holyrood elections .

37 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Get a grip you rocket, you should at least be happy he isn’t away and voting for a unionist party, u are every bit as bad as aaid in your character assassination,, I will place a bet right now that alba get more than 10 seats at the next holyrood elections .

The fact you made no effort to refute the valid points I make says it all.

I wish Alba well and any success it has will be from disenchanted ex-SNP voters.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

8 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The fact you made no effort to refute the valid points I make says it all.

I wish Alba well and any success it has will be from disenchanted ex-SNP voters.

The amount of snp voters that will give them their second vote this time around will be significant, ironic really as they may well need as much second preference votes as possible. 

13 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

You’d vote for no one if arseholes on twitter are your comrades by voting for the same party 

As I said, not an isolated incident and one that goes uncondemned by Alba

Surely if Hanvey is in a discussion with Farage and Robert Clach then there wont be much they agree on

Farage and Oliver are the Colonialist/Quisling tag team ergo Hanvey can get tore into them ?