France Friendly October - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

France Friendly October

Squirrelhumper

2 hours ago, stocky said:

I have absolutely no recollection of that game whatsoever.

We can beat them competitively, but get a doin in friendlies.

Part of a double header of friendlies. We played Italy in Malta a few days before. We never had a shot on target in either game šŸ˜•

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 2:29 PM, dan cake said:

Loved Metz probably the nicest place Iv visited as a football fan, stunningĀ 

It was a great trip. Stayed in the middle of town, great pubs. Lovely June weather. Had a wander round, saw the cathedral, touristy stuff. Then spent a day in Luxembourg again having a wander and a beer.

Ā 

Flight home from Luxembourg.

Ā 

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Anyone managed to trawl through any further sources to suggest this might be going ahead?

Difficult to google France v Scotland without getting results about that rugby shite or Nicola Sturgeon's alleged lover.

I suppose we don't seem to have a venue for the game a few days before this friendly so that could be a factor.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, saintsparky said:

Confirmed as Lille on 18th October...

17th..... Confirmed as 17th..Ā  hope no one has booked for 18thšŸ¤”šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰

Screenshot_2023-05-11-13-49-07-57_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Spent a night in Lille on the way back from the last Belgium away match.

It's an attractive city with a lot of space for outdoor TA gathering's if that's your thing... Place du Theatre & Grande Place and a fair bit in front of the station.

2 hours ago, SheffieldScot said:

So what's the odds of being able to pick up tickets for this if we've only got 3 loyalty points? Crap I know but we all have to start somewhere! Google suggests capacity in ground is 50,000 so can we hope for a decent allocation?

I would say you've a decent chance of getting tickets with it 1. Being a friendly and 2 following Spain away gameĀ 

Strongly considering driving there and back day tripping for this.

Only 3 hours from mine to Folkstone. Hour on the Eurotunnel then an hour and 15 to the stadium from Calais.Ā 

Same on the way back.Ā 

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

11 hours ago, stocky said:

17th..... Confirmed as 17th..Ā  hope no one has booked for 18thšŸ¤”šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰

Screenshot_2023-05-11-13-49-07-57_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

If anyone has booked anything on the strength of a post on a football forum without verifying the details then hell mend them.Ā 

10 hours ago, SheffieldScot said:

So what's the odds of being able to pick up tickets for this if we've only got 3 loyalty points? Crap I know but we all have to start somewhere! Google suggests capacity in ground is 50,000 so can we hope for a decent allocation?

Iā€™d be surprised if it didnā€™t go down to zero points.Ā 

Delighted with this was hoping it wouldnā€™t be Paris, much prefer a random destination I probably wouldnā€™t have visited otherwise. Piss easy to get there (via Charleroi for me) and everyone should get a ticket no problem, happy days

16 hours ago, noctonjock said:

I would say you've a decent chance of getting tickets with it 1. Being a friendly and 2 following Spain away gameĀ 

8 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Iā€™d be surprised if it didnā€™t go down to zero points.Ā 

Cheers both!Ā