Mcgeady And Mccarthy - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mcgeady And Mccarthy

Irishandproud

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns a better player than Naismith or can he not be cause Naisy plays for a top 6 EPL side and Brown doesn't... Am I doing this right?

Comparing players in similar position, how can you not see what is being discussed? If Naismith was irish he would walk into our side.

I notice people saying McGeady wouldn't get into your side yet no one suggesting any of your wingers are better....

Edited by Irishandproud

Or else one is a better player who will have a better career....just a thought

Brown captain of Celtic and Scotland with bags of ECL games under his belt, what a shite career, what is the 2 of thems main role in a team? Ball winning midfielders? Brown pisses all over him at that. I'd much rather be playing against McCarthy as a midfielder/opposition than Broony.

Comparing players in similar player, how can you not see what is being discussed? If Naismith was irish he would walk into our side.

I notice people saying McGeady wouldn't get into your side yet no one suggesting any of your wingers are better....

McGeady plays for Everton so he would be our 3rd (or is it 2nd cause Daz Fletch isn't a regular) best player surely and our best winger? Defo better than Snodgrass and Anya cause they don't play for clubs as high up as he does.

Comparing players in similar position, how can you not see what is being discussed? If Naismith was irish he would walk into our side.

Strachan's system only accommodates 1 winger (we get enough width from our fullbacks anyway), which is a spot currently taken by Anya. He's in such good form for us, i think it's fair argue that McGeady wouldn't get in Strachan's team.

I genuinely never heard of Anya before germany game and I was impressed, Watford he plays with is it? Don't know a thing about him but he is lightening quick. Snodgrass is another one I like and if he was Irish would more than likely get into our squad at the very least and pressing for a start.

Look I'm not saying McGeady hasn't got faults he bloody well does, he can be so frustrating but he is a player we rely heavily on and sometimes too much so, I just hope he can produce on the big stage in 3 weeks.

Irish football is detestable

no one in the country supports there own clubs, are you Liverpool man u or man city an option now

the vast majority also seem to support one half of the evil twins and their (calling it what it is) racially motivated identity

which is the pure and only reason the aforementioned players made the choice they did

they can dress it up in whichever way they wish but a blind man can see the reality

I think Colemans a good right back but the Irish creaming their pants over him is ridiculous, yes you have a really good right back, but come on tae feck man he's no exactly Cafu!!!

The only reason you are arguing with me is because McCarthy is Scots born. If Coleman was Scottish and McCarthy Irish you would be arguing with me by saying Coleman was better. I don't know how many times you have watched Everton or Ireland, but its no contest as to who the better player is.

As for Naismith being a more important player than either, I suggest you head on over go the Everton forum (GrandOldTeam) the common view is that Naismith is a nice guy,who tries his best,but hes not going to help Everton towards top 4, most are of the opinion that as soon as Mirrals,Lukaku and Barkley are back to 100 percent fitness,Naismith will see less and less Game time.

Scott Brown is not a top 6 player,he would be good for Stoke or WBA,hes like a Glenn Whelan or a Charlie Adam with abit of passion.

Also you say Irish lads are 'creaming themselves' over Coleman but you lads won't shut up about Andy Robertson,who is talented,but come on,hes played no more than 10 games for City,and its the Hull one,not the Manchester one.

Whenever there's been EPL interest in Brown in the past he's always said he's not interested in playing there as he loves it at Celtic. McCarthy's a really good player but i'd take Brown over him. Not as composed on the ball but makes a much bigger difference to our side than McCarthy would. Would still love to have the pair of them with us but em. Hope they get a stinkin' reception.

The only reason you are arguing with me is because McCarthy is Scots born. If Coleman was Scottish and McCarthy Irish you would be arguing with me by saying Coleman was better. I don't know how many times you have watched Everton or Ireland, but its no contest as to who the better player is.

As for Naismith being a more important player than either, I suggest you head on over go the Everton forum (GrandOldTeam) the common view is that Naismith is a nice guy,who tries his best,but hes not going to help Everton towards top 4, most are of the opinion that as soon as Mirrals,Lukaku and Barkley are back to 100 percent fitness,Naismith will see less and less Game time.

Scott Brown is not a top 6 player,he would be good for Stoke or WBA,hes like a Glenn Whelan or a Charlie Adam with abit of passion.

Also you say Irish lads are 'creaming themselves' over Coleman but you lads won't shut up about Andy Robertson,who is talented,but come on,hes played no more than 10 games for City,and its the Hull one,not the Manchester one.

What a lot of nonsense it's my genuine opinion, Colemans better than Hutton and would play, Browns better than McCarthy, so I've favoured no Scotsman over any Irish man. I've been reading that Naismith thread since it started, this season the majority are saying he's one of the 1st names on the team sheet now. There's you back going on about clubs again. Yeah Snodgrass ain't a top 6 player either so that makes McGeady better than him by default does it? God who'd have thunk the Irish fans would all be armchair fans who judge everything by what club players are at????!

What a lot of nonsense it's my genuine opinion, Colemans better than Hutton and would play, Browns better than McCarthy, so I've favoured no Scotsman over any Irish man. I've been reading that Naismith thread since it started, this season the majority are saying he's one of the 1st names on the team sheet now. There's you back going on about clubs again. Yeah Snodgrass ain't a top 6 player either so that makes McGeady better than him by default does it? God who'd have thunk the Irish fans would all be armchair fans who judge everything by what club players are at????!

You must be reading the wrong forum pal. However if you think that the Everton fans think Naismith is one of the first names on the team sheet,and if you agree with that, why don't you go and have a look at what they think of Coleman,and then come back to me.

Snodgrass is a good player,but hes not better than McGeady by any stretch. Also I asked the scousers on GrandOldTeam who had a better squad,Ireland or Coleman and the majority said Ireland,just to get a neutral take on it like, have a read of that if you wish,its in the rest of the world section.

Whenever there's been EPL interest in Brown in the past he's always said he's not interested in playing there as he loves it at Celtic. McCarthy's a really good player but i'd take Brown over him. Not as composed on the ball but makes a much bigger difference to our side than McCarthy would. Would still love to have the pair of them with us but em. Hope they get a stinkin' reception.

Can't argue with that mate, suppose Brown v McCarthy is all down to opinions, from what I know of Brown he is certainly a big game player and I would expect a big performance from him against us.

Can't argue with that mate, suppose Brown v McCarthy is all down to opinions, from what I know of Brown he is certainly a big game player and I would expect a big performance from him against us.

I'm not saying Browns a bad player either just incase anyone thinks I am. He will give everything hes got against us and have always admired him as a Celtic player,but country before club,I hope he gets sent off and injured in the process of trying to two foot Jimmy Mc or McGeady.