Mcgeady And Mccarthy - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mcgeady And Mccarthy

Irishandproud

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a different environment for him, no question because he WILL get dogs abuse.

McGeady will handle it without any problem as he got plenty of stick when he played up here. Horrible wee shytes usually do. :-)) :-)) :-))[/quote

Haha kinda the reply I was expecting! I fully expect them to get serious abuse and I can understand why, will certainly add to the occasion not that it needs much more needle as it is a huge game for both countries, I would take a draw right now without a doubt.

Haha it's all part of the occasion mate. As I said further up the thread I don't wish either of them any ill other than a complete hiding as far as the score goes.

I do fancy is to win this one but must admit it could go either way.

With regards the brown debate I can't deny McCarthy is the better footballer. Brown is a leader though and is irreplaceable for us right now.

Will be a good night anyway sir :)

I said over on the Irish board id have Brown over McCarthy any day and they just dont seem to get it, everything is judged by what club they play for on there, I mean Everton are hardly footballing giants so dont know why that gets brought up consistently, is Naismith better than Keane just now because he plays for Everton and Keane plays in the retirement league? No.

Brown dominates games and has a massive impact on fellow team mates and the fans, he has much more impact on games than the wee shitebag McCarthy even though McCarthy would be more technically gifted.

Brown > McCarthy any day of the week.

Luckily we don't pick any from our irish league but I bet you didn't know that Coleman, McClean, Doyle, Ward, Forde, Meyler all started off in LOI so it's not all doom and gloom but our league is very poor, no denying that for a second.

Mcgeady and mcCarthy started in the scottish league, then changed nationality , thank feck the players you mention did'nt change nationality as they would not get a game for us.

Broony v McCarthy - only one winner there and its not the plastic paddy - Broony is physically and mentally to strong for McCarthy

As for McGeady he was finished when he left celtic, no commitment and a low work rate does not make him a threat in this game

You're the one that doesn't get it, Brown plays league one equivalent week in week out, why has no one ever signed him from Celtic? He's hardly in demand ffs, McCarthy is a classy footballer who will go on to bigger things than Everton I'm sure of it.

Oh and in terms of where Keane is now in his career I would take Naismith any day of the week presently.

Take the blinkers off some of you and admit that Brown isn't actually all that.

Don't have an opinion on either.

Neither (apart from McGeady at schools) have played or showed any interest in playing for us. So what does it matter?

No doubt they'll get heavily booed, I wouldn't do it myself and rather focus on the boys in blue.

So far though McGeady's "Ireland qualify for more tournaments" reason is at the moment, true (Euro 2012).

Neither had any desire or passion for Scotland, so good luck to them, let's hope we prove (by qualifying, ourselves for tournaments again) that they made a mistake.

Don't have an opinion on either.

Neither (apart from McGeady at schools) have played or showed any interest in playing for us. So what does it matter?

No doubt they'll get heavily booed, I wouldn't do it myself and rather focus on the boys in blue.

So far though McGeady's "Ireland qualify for more tournaments" reason is at the moment, true (Euro 2012).

Neither had any desire or passion for Scotland, so good luck to them, let's hope we prove (by qualifying, ourselves for tournaments again) that they made a mistake.

Good post

Expect them to get sh*t loads of abuse

Equally I expect both to be on the pitch and not pull out unless there is a genuine injury

Saw McCarthy got player of the month yesterday

McCarthy is improving and looks to have the makings of a really good player (i.e better than Brown)

But i do agree with the lads above that Brown is definitely physically stronger and does seem to be mentally stronger than james( but he shud get that with experience) - should be an interesting battle

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

McGeady is finished haha brilliant!!

Irish you don't get it - my comment was "McGeady was finished when he left celtic" he had nothing more to offer, he then went to Moscow and did nothing, played celtic in the CL and got subbed in both games, moved to Everton and plays bit parts.

MON will see him as a bit player in this game and he will either start as a sub or be subbed, if he turns up at all.

The Mc y twins will get dogs abuse from me... cannae help it, I cannae stand that these guys turned their back on their country to play for someone else..

hope they go drinking in Ashton Lane before the game.... ;)

I hope they get absolute pelters, and I would laugh like feck if they were on the end of dodgy tackles.

Hutton should snap McGeady and Brown can nail McCarthy, they deserve it.

Obviously don't wish that on the lad, but Hutton always had McGeady in his back pocket in old firm games, either way it's going to be a red hot atmosphere and hopefully a good game with the right result. . . . Strangely though, I am more confident of a result in Dublin than I am Glasgow.

I said over on the Irish board id have Brown over McCarthy any day and they just dont seem to get it, everything is judged by what club they play for on there, I mean Everton are hardly footballing giants so dont know why that gets brought up consistently, is Naismith better than Keane just now because he plays for Everton and Keane plays in the retirement league? No.

It's surely a symptom of the TV generation of fans Sky Sports has cultivated. Bear in mind your average Irish fan supports a club from another country, and rarely goes to games. Everything is viewed through a media prism, heavily influenced by commentators and pundits. The Scottish (and Irish!) leagues are dismissed as shite and nobody from those leagues could every be worth a damn. All that matters is your EPL ranking.

I've never rated McGeady. A one trick pony with an awful goals and assists return. (Personal opinion ) Mccarthy though is a very good player who I feel will go on to big things but at this moment in time I'd take Brown over him every time.

The irish league is dismissed as shite because it is, why suggest otherwise? The odd time a player breaks through and moves abroad to further their career, what else would you expect? Coleman is a fine example, arguably the best RB in the league but look it don't let the facts get in the way of this...

I've never rated McGeady. A one trick pony with an awful goals and assists return. (Personal opinion ) Mccarthy though is a very good player who I feel will go on to big things but at this moment in time I'd take Brown over him every time.

I wouldn't be McGeady's biggest fan either but he is slowly winning people over.

As for McCarthy he is on the up every year and hopefully he can have a big game next month to prove it.