Mcgeady And Mccarthy - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mcgeady And Mccarthy

Irishandproud

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think most folk have moved on.

McGeady has kind of stalled with his career since he left Celtic and felt for the last few years that he was no great loss..... McCarthy on the other hand is a big loss I still feel.

I tend to agree to a point, he wasted time in Moscow for sure but he seems to have improved since joining everton, he has been so frustrating for us but he is the kinda player we can't leave out cos he can create that bit of magic.

As for Brown v McCarthy there really is no contest!

Both have matured into excellent footballers. McCarthy in particular has really come on last couple of years. Being a Gers fan you were always weary of McGeady's threat in OF games.

Disappointed that both decidedto go to you boys I must say but I hope every Irish player is given a hostile reception during the 90 minutes although I would want that of any visiting team. I think we can be a bit of a soft touch at times. Nothing wrong with making it a bit uncomforatble for away sides.

Hoping for lads to get injured is out of order IMO. That said there are guys on this board who hate their own fans so it doesn't really surprise me :-)) :-)) :-))

I agree totally.

McCarthy is more talented that Brown, yet Brown is a far more effectuve player. His performance the other week in Poland was outstanding.

Will be an interesting contest Parklife. McCarthy has come on but what impact he has for the Irish side I really couldn't say.

Brown is essential for us, I know that much. He was outstanding a6t Ibrox too IMO

I just hope James doesn't let the occasion get to him, this is a key battle on the night for sure..

I tend to agree to a point, he wasted time in Moscow for sure but he seems to have improved since joining everton, he has been so frustrating for us but he is the kinda player we can't leave out cos he can create that bit of magic.

Think it all comes down to what they can do for you.

Midfield is our strongest position and where most of our best players play, so as we are almost swamped with good players who can do a job for us, their loss is not really being effected/noticed that much, as on their days Brown, Fletcher and Morrison are our midfield.... with the loss of Fletcher over the last couple of years, McCarthy would have made that place his own by now, but not to be.............

Edited by wanderer

I just hope James doesn't let the occasion get to him, this is a key battle on the night for sure..

Seem to recall the stories round about the Celtic Cup where he went walkabout before a game, then stories started to surface that he wanted to switch back to us (at the time I just took it that he was believing his own hype and didn't want to be playing in the U19/21's as he was at the time, and was his way of kind of "blackmailing" his way into the Ireland first team)

It will be a different environment for him, no question because he WILL get dogs abuse.

McGeady will handle it without any problem as he got plenty of stick when he played up here. Horrible wee shytes usually do. :-)) :-)) :-))[/quote

Haha kinda the reply I was expecting! I fully expect them to get serious abuse and I can understand why, will certainly add to the occasion not that it needs much more needle as it is a huge game for both countries, I would take a draw right now without a doubt.

Think McCarthy was runner up in everton POTY last year so he must be doing something right and he's getting better and better, you can't really believe that Brown is actually better than James, really?

I've already said, McCarthy has more ability. Brown is a more effective player though.

I've never seen McCarthy control or dominate a game. I've seen Scott Brown do that at both international and Champions League level. (Admittedly i've obviously seen Brown play for more than i have McCarthy).

A more effective player means a better all round one and to me that is nonsense but sure what can ya do....

One question for ya, what english division would you say the spl is the equivalent to at the moment, championship?

League 1 but most of our international players play in the premiership. SPL still miles ahead of the Irish league.

A more effective player means a better all round one and to me that is nonsense but sure what can ya do....

One question for ya, what english division would you say the spl is the equivalent to at the moment, championship?

What's that got to do with it?

What Scottish division do you think the Irish top league is equivalent to at the moment?

What's that got to do with it?

What Scottish division do you think the Irish top league is equivalent to at the moment?

Luckily we don't pick any from our irish league but I bet you didn't know that Coleman, McClean, Doyle, Ward, Forde, Meyler all started off in LOI so it's not all doom and gloom but our league is very poor, no denying that for a second.

Sorry I thought I was discussing McCarthy v Brown with someone, must have been a different thread....

I think Brown is certainly good enough to be a starter in a decent EPL team

I wish he had gone down south/abroad after a couple of seasons at celtic maybe 5 years ago.

I fully expect McCarthy to pull out of the squad just like he did the last time he was due to face Scotland

Would i swap Brown for McCarthy? no thanks