Unrecognisable footballers - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Unrecognisable footballers

Anyone footballers that you've seen, that you wouldn't have recognised? I bumped into the Bishop of Portsmouth about 18 months ago. I hadn't seen him for over 35 years when we were at Uni. together. I recognised him (ecclesiastical robes were a bit of a give away) but bizarrely he recognised me first and I was just dressed normally. 

2 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Anyone footballers that you've seen, that you wouldn't have recognised? I bumped into the Bishop of Portsmouth about 18 months ago. I hadn't seen him for over 35 years when we were at Uni. together. I recognised him (ecclesiastical robes were a bit of a give away) but bizarrely he recognised me first and I was just dressed normally. 

There was recently and I thought this thread was going to be about him - Brian McClair

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/brian-mcclair-man-united-hair-29361661

17 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Not sure he's that unrecognisable. I got him immediately 🙂

Screenshot_20230328-080157.png

They had a similar article ("article") with Pedro Mendes looking "unrecognisable" along side a photo of, quite clearly, Pedro Mendes.  I'm of the onion that they don't know what unrecognisable means.

15 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

They had a similar article ("article") with Pedro Mendes looking "unrecognisable" along side a photo of, quite clearly, Pedro Mendes.  I'm of the onion that they don't know what unrecognisable means.

Mind you it was a Sun headline and given the IQ of its regular readers...

• 1 month later...