The Rangers head butt !! - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Rangers head butt !!

Just now, Hertsscot said:

Doesn't look good, any idea what caused it? It's a shame this sort of idiocy has found its way into the women's game (courtesy of a man). Unacceptable behaviour from the guy on the Rangers staff.

I predict more of this will happen as the womens game gets more popular. 

8 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Doesn't look good, any idea what caused it? It's a shame this sort of idiocy has found its way into the women's game (courtesy of a man). Unacceptable behaviour from the guy on the Rangers staff.

I think it was the manager (on the Celtic manager).  Wouldn't imagine he'll be in his job much longer.  I had no idea there was this level of animosity on the woman's game. although to be honest I know next to nothing about it.

'Headbutt' is a strange thing to see when written on the screen. You don't think anything off it when saying or hearing the term, but seeing it spelled out is like butt from the way some parts of the world refer to the posterior. So Headass. Nice!

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I predict more of this will happen as the womens game gets more popular. 

Totally agree. They will use the womans game as a result of this incident as a platform for the bile and hate that has been a part of the men's fixture for over a century unfortunately. I never expected this !!

7 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Totally agree. They will use the womans game as a result of this incident as a platform for the bile and hate that has been a part of the men's fixture for over a century unfortunately. I never expected this !!

Agreed, really disappointing. The women's fixture could do without the Neanderthal behaviour that afflicts the men's Old Firm fixture.

For the un-educated above.  Both Rangers and the SFA will follow the correct procedures by law and policy.  This is a must and save wrangles in court about not following procedure.  This makes them a proper club and SFA a proper organisation.  

28 minutes ago, SamP said:

For the un-educated above.  Both Rangers and the SFA will follow the correct procedures by law and policy.  This is a must and save wrangles in court about not following procedure.  This makes them a proper club and SFA a proper organisation.  

says the pretend Rovers fan🤣

19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

says the pretend Rovers fan🤣

Just put the twat on ignore VA it’s so much easier but since you’ve quoted him……

there is nothing in due process that would prevent a major organisation from suspending someone immediately for violence in the workplace.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Just put the twat on ignore VA it’s so much easier but since you’ve quoted him……

there is nothing in due process that would prevent a major organisation from suspending someone immediately for violence in the workplace.

Exactly. There is no supposed time frame for "firing or suspending" an employee for violence and assault, which this clearly was. The Rangers reaction is disgusting but very predictable. Imagine those young supporters seeing this happen. The very fact this gutless cunt head butted a football manager from behind aswell just shows what a fuckin cretin he is. I won't hold my breathe on this. He should have been sacked already. Not even an apology or statement from him or the Rangers offering an apology. I hope the fuckin animal is charged with assault... No place for this kind of Savage Neanderthal behavior anywhere in football...

Brilliant thoughts from the guy who used to, quite regularly, threaten people on here if they disagreed with him and his bigoted views.  But but....  He has changed now and is a nice guy after all.  Aye right. 

Some people obviously don't know that this incident is being investigated by the Police.  Rangers and SFA will act accordingly and show due diligence. Is that too difficult??

36 minutes ago, SamP said:

Brilliant thoughts from the guy who used to, quite regularly, threaten people on here if they disagreed with him and his bigoted views.  But but....  He has changed now and is a nice guy after all.  Aye right. 

Some people obviously don't know that this incident is being investigated by the Police.  Rangers and SFA will act accordingly and show due diligence. Is that too difficult??

Wrong !!! Any football club with any class or dignity would have sacked that cunt immediately!!! It's fuckin assault, the TV cameras don't lie. What are the Rangers waiting for the Police investigation to wrap up before they do anything ya fuckin eedjit !!!

“It is frustration," Alonso told Sky Sports after the game. "It is not how I would show frustration but that is what it was and I understand what happened.

“It is football. These are the emotions. It was not much. I felt a little bit of contact and then I heard him call me a 'little rat'. 

“It's obviously disappointing to concede a goal in the last minute, I totally get it. But I don't know. I don't know why. I don't know the reason. You would have to ask him. But I had no issues with them during the game. But, honestly, for me, it is nothing. It can stay here as part of the game."

Alonso doesn't want McPherson to face a suspension for his actions, though. Regardless of Alonso's wishes, the Scottish FA will likely open an investigation into the incident. 

“I don't wish him to be banned or suspended. It is not something you want to see but for me it is not a big issue.”

Very magnanimous of the Celtic FC women's manager. ☝️

27 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

“It is frustration," Alonso told Sky Sports after the game. "It is not how I would show frustration but that is what it was and I understand what happened.

“It is football. These are the emotions. It was not much. I felt a little bit of contact and then I heard him call me a 'little rat'. 

“It's obviously disappointing to concede a goal in the last minute, I totally get it. But I don't know. I don't know why. I don't know the reason. You would have to ask him. But I had no issues with them during the game. But, honestly, for me, it is nothing. It can stay here as part of the game."

Alonso doesn't want McPherson to face a suspension for his actions, though. Regardless of Alonso's wishes, the Scottish FA will likely open an investigation into the incident. 

“I don't wish him to be banned or suspended. It is not something you want to see but for me it is not a big issue.”

Very magnanimous of the Celtic FC women's manager. ☝️

Yes, magnanimous of him, bit not the correct outcome. You should not be able to walk about nuttin folk in the back of the heid cuz yir "frustrated"... It's assault, and he has to face the consequences of his actions.. Sacked, and charged !!! If Neil Lennon did that he would be facing the death penalty !! Fact !!

SFA acting, Police acting and now Rangers will follow suit after taking legal advice.  I understand the bile that the two RA Cellic supporters on here have against Rangers.  But when it comes to court cases of a more serious note they are strangely quiet.  Rovers forever kids.

Disgraceful response from the Rangers. The face this cunt is still employed by sevco just shows them up for what they are all about. Scotlands shame showing their true colors once again. Waiting on a hearing from the SFA to make a decision. Not even an apology to The Celtic manager and Celtic FC.. This gutless prick should have been sacked, any other club in Scotland would have sacked him immediately, but not Scotlands shame.. I feel sorry for the young supporters that had to witness this shameful assault, from behind aswell the fuckin coward.. Well done the Rangers, setting the standards on what NOT to do once again !!!